Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on March 21, 2011
I was hoping for a CD that would consistently keep me focused on the road, driving and self awareness, attention etc. while driving, however this is more of a teaching tool about mindfulness and nice stories shared by Sylvia. For example, she has you think about the first time you drove a car and how it felt. In my understanding of mindfulness it is about the now, not thinking about stories of the past while I am driving. I can however appreciate the stories and lessons shared. It just wasn't what I was expecting.
on May 2, 2005
Sylvia Boorstein is a Buddhist mindfulness teacher who uses humorous anecdotes and gentle wisdom to educate drivers on the importance of paying attention. You'll find yourself applying her philosophy to numerous other daily tasks, as well. This fun and engaging audiotape may transform your whole approach to life!
on November 27, 2009
Full of good advice for attitude and relaxation, without being distractive. Buddhist-inspired, but there's nothing in it that's exclusively Buddhist. I used it on a lone trip, and left it with my son, who did the same, and reported he liked it as well. It's certainly worth listening to more than once.

Good idea, well done.................. --Jim
on August 25, 2009
I've been listening to this audio piece while driving on and off for the past few weeks and it's really helped me. I feel so much calmer and more relaxed when driving. I remember some of the little tips even when I'm not listening to it.
on June 25, 2013
I liked the cd very much. My only complaint is that sometimes her words were hard to hear. Don't know if this was her or a problem with the recording. I listen to it over and over.
ps. I am turned off by giving my summary a title and so many times I just avoid doing the summary.
on December 12, 2013
Thoroughly disappointing complete waste of the expense of having it sent express from the USA.I was really excited expecting something concrete in the manner of Jon Kabbet Zin. Have tried listening in different conditions but just sounds to like I am listening to a friendly grandmother chatting with nothing new or interesting to say
on October 7, 2014
i hated this book so much that i ejected it from the car and chucked it backward in my SUV. I found it again when i had to turn the car in when the lease was up. The material and the reader were annoying, not calming my any means.
on December 15, 2008
Road Sage is a CD I keep in my car at all times, ready to pop into my CD player during rush hour traffic jams, bad weather driving, or just when I want to listen to a friendly voice from a wise teacher.

Sylvia Boorstein has an amusing style of teaching that gets her points across well. She speaks as if she were sitting in the passenger seat, spinning some stories that have good lessons for being mindful--that getting upset or angry in traffic accomplishes nothing and does not get you to your destination any more quickly or safely.

If you are trying to live a more mindful life, driving is a good place to start, and Sylvia Boostein makes a good companion and teacher.
on December 7, 2014
I love everything written by this woman. She has a soothing, humorous, compassionate way about her, like you just want to sit down and talk with her.
Even if you are not a Buddhist or into mindfulness practice/meditation, you will learn something from her, usually about yourself!
on July 16, 2012
This was such a waste of money. Is basically her telling stories the entire disc mixed in with a few "pay attention to what you are doing now, take a deep breath". Don't buy!