Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on August 18, 2013
Like the paper mag. The one you get on Kindle is slower than syrup on a cold morning. Not all the stories open up and when they do they will jump Around to any old place.
To me this is a wast of money and time. Time for most of these publications to get it together,and put out respectful products. Do not buy the online version yet!!
on November 11, 2013
I got the digital version to read on my ipad3 while traveling. I much prefer the paper version, for ease of reading and looking at pictures. Text was small and not adjustable in the version I got. I have normal vision, so my eyesight is not an issue. I am not anti-digital, in fact I buy a lot of digital books and have kindles and a nook.. Just don't think much of this format for a magazine.
on December 31, 2014
I'd been reading Road and Track since 1993. They have the best articles and fantastic pictures. Lately, Motor Trend is catching up; specially on the on-line content (read YouTube).

I subscribed to the Kindle edition after years of using Zinio on the PC, the Kindle exprience is simply better (faster) and just works on all my devices.

But recently as December 2014, in the last couple of digital issues they implemented a "new interactive format," it is not that I don't like it... It is a good idea but a bad implementation. The new interactive magazine is just painfully SLOW.

Please note this only applies to Road and Track as all my other Kindle magazines work just fine. I hope the editors pay attention to my review.

I hope they create a digital archive on DVD or Bluray like National Geographic does, I would definitelly buy it.
on April 19, 2012
If you don't have an iPad or at least something the size of a Fire, stay away. Its extremely painful to read on the iPhone screen! The digital copy are basically scanned copies of the print version using the same layout. That may work for the A4 print size but is painful to read on the iPhone. There are so many other ways to consume content on the iPhone designed for the screen size of the iPhone.

Also the kindle digital copy will only work with iPhone, iPad, and Fire. Go to Road & Track's website you'll find the Zinio version that can deployed to your portable and PC and Mac which is much more useful for the same price!

As for the magazine itself, its typical of US magazine that profits from ads instead of magazine sales, so compare to Japanese mags this mag is thin and full of ads. Of course this topic is another ball of wax.

However kudos to Amazon for providing 14-day trial for me to find this out and cancel with no cost. Amazon always comes through for the consumer again!
on May 29, 2014
I love cars, so, of course I would like this magazine. I am not really into auto racing, but the "Track" part of this magazne has some interesting articles on auto racing. I don't think this magazine is as good as "Car and Driver" but it is a good magazine.
on January 22, 2014
Having been a loyal subscriber for more than 30 years should be reason enough, but the writing is superb,the photos are top notch and the tech articles and specs are right on the mark. As long as they keep publishing, I'll keep subscribing.
on April 9, 2013
Road & Track has recently undergone a redesign and change at the helm, things it both desperately needed. With Larry Webster as the new editor-in-chief, from the likes of Car and Driver and Popular Mechanics, he is taking the magazine back to its roots as an true enthusiast publication. WIth great writing from great writers and beautiful photography, this should be on everyone's nightstand. Also, being a car enthusiast never hurts either.
on January 14, 2012
If you are a car lover like me, you will love this magazine. I often don't write reviews but it was very hard for me to decide to buy it or not since it cost 1.99 which I do question because motor trend was .99. But I think if you love car magazines just buy it. You will not regret it.
on November 27, 2012
For years I've enjoyed Road & Track magazine in paper version and now we don.'t have to cut a tree for auto news enjoying. thanks Amazon for having so many e-magazines.
on April 29, 2015
I like it. Pretty easy to use on my Kindle. Save a tree!