Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on March 3, 2011
So, originally I rated this three stars, but now after owning this case, I've changed my review to ONE star. The issue I have is with the latches. They are extremely cheap and have failed after using this attache for only 1 month. I guess I got lucky in that it broke with only 2 days left that I could return this and it is on its way back to amazon.

So let me give you my impressions on this: First of all, when I got it, you could tell it was cheap (but hey...look at the price). I was originally impressed for the money paid. My first real concern arose when I went to set the combo locks. The number dials really wouldn't spin and some were kinda jammed. When I tried to get them unstuck, they literally started to fall apart. The metal used on the latches is EXTREMELY weak and cheap.

Anyway, after trying to set my combo's and finding the dials wouldn't really want to spin, I gave up and simply decided that I got what I paid for. For me it was no big deal.

Now onto the real reason why I'm giving this one star. After using this case for less than a month, one of the latches actually broke. When "popping" the latches open, there is a spring in the latch to swing them open when unlocking the case. Well, I guess the tension is so great on the springs that it actually snapped one of the latches. I realize that this case is cheap, however out of everything it included, I figured they would put a decent hardware (doesn't have to be expensive hardware, but should be durable as they area would see the most use).

As a result of my issues, I am returning this product and can not recommend it to anyway. Buyer Beware.
33 comments98 of 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 7, 2013
i mean this sincerely, worst piece of crap i have ever bought in my life. literally it started coming apart within days of buying it. cheap imitation leather came unglued , handle and locking hardware broke in about 1 week, after i owned it 2 weeks people thought i had had it 10 years. DON'T BUY.
0Comment26 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 18, 2011
I bought this as a gift for my husband. The lock has broken and part of the inside lining torn away in less than 6 months with average use.
0Comment30 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2012
My husband uses this briefcase daily for work and within one week the handle broke.
After purchasing more than five (5) briefcases I am totally dissatisfied with this product. The handle is held together by cheap plastic and I feel that anyone who is not very careful with this product will end up with the same experience.
0Comment21 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2011
The briefcase was shipped extremely fast. Delivered in perfect condition and my husband is using it and loves it. It has become harder and harder to find brief cases such as these as soft-sided, laptop cases seem to permiate the market today. Great case for the price!!
0Comment16 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 23, 2012
This briefcase is an EXCELLENT purchase! Quality is very good. This is the second
case I have purchased because I needed it for a different application from the first, not as a replacement! The first case I purchased, I have been using it for 6 years and have had absolutely NO PROBLEMS. I expect the same out of what I have just purchased and am sure that that is what I will get!
on June 6, 2010
I am very pleased with this attache case. This is one of the rare cases where the product actually is BETTER that it looks in the photographs. I am very pleased with the item especially considering the very reasonable price.
11 comment35 of 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2014
Another Christmas gift for our son as he had asked for one (still not sure why he wanted it). But once he got it he was thrilled. He uses it to put all of his "important" things in it. May just be the best $20 we spent on a gift for him.
11 comment8 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2012
It arrived quickly and was exactly as expected. It is clearly a lower quality briefcase, but that's what I was looking for with my price range. Does what it is designed to do, don't buy it if you want a case to last for a long time, but if you are looking for something to get the job done and use for a few years this is for you.
on March 26, 2012
I bought this for my husband for our anniversary. We had shopped several places for briefcases, but they did not fit with what we needed. I thought the price was perfect and we were pleased with the quality.