5.0 out of 5 stars Depuis le temps que j'en cherche un
Livraison rapide et le coût excellent. Je vais surement faire à nouveau des achats sur Amazone dès que j'aurai un besoin.
Published 20 months ago by Réjean Blais

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Safe
A couple years ago I purchased 2 of these items.
We used one on our Igloo Koolmate 12 V Cooler with the Koolmate converter that allows you to convert to be able to plug into an 110 electric outlet. Our converter burnt up and " cigarette "lighter end on this product melted.
I thought it was just from the converter being bad.

This year I purchased 2...
Published on September 6, 2012 by Medieval Merchant

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Safe, September 6, 2012
This review is from: RoadPro RP-255 10' Universal ThermoElectric 12V Power Cord (Automotive)
A couple years ago I purchased 2 of these items.
I thought it was just from the converter being bad.

This year I purchased 2 of these items , one for each of our Igloo Koolmate 12 volt coolers and also a new converter.
We used one of these items at an event with the converter. The " cigarette "lighter end on this product melted.
We also tried using another one of these items with another newer converter and plugged it into our cigarette lighter and immediately our vehicle became disabled along the road. It took a half a day to figure out it was a fuse that was blown.

Our house frig died and I got the last one of theses items out and connected it to a converter and plugged the Koolmate Cooler into our house 110 wall plug, so I could store food for a few hours. Within a half a day that cigarette lighter end had melted and stopped working

After these incidents we have use both coolers, with both old and new converters, and a similar thermoelectric power cord end we purchased from Auto Zone that was made by a different company with no problems.

Evidently there is something wrong with these power cord supplies. At least glad we didn't have a fire start from the melting. However we lost a day on a trip due to the vehicle blowing a fuse and also had a converter burn up.
I would not recommend these as safe to use to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Depuis le temps que j'en cherche un, January 7, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Longer than stock cord, September 30, 2011
This cord works great for us as the standard 6 foot cord was not long enough to reach the back area or our SUV. No problems after a two week trip.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Universal, March 18, 2012
I have a RoadPro soft sided thermoelectric cooler on which the original cord went bad. Since this cord was the same brand and the picture looked the same as my original I was certain it would serve as a replacement with no problem. WRONG! This one would not fit into the power receptacle on my cooler. Very disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Road pro, February 23, 2012
Arrived in a timely fashion. Product as described works well with Igloo ThermoElectric cooler. Cord is long enough to use with different 12 volt plug ins. Would highly recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars super fast delivery... worked well at first., December 26, 2010
For some reason, cigarette lighter adapter melted with continuous use on very long car trip. Still functional, but doesn't fit in outlet well anymore.

Had used with no problems other times.

2.0 out of 5 stars Most RoadPro products are cheap as hell. Beware., May 10, 2012
I only brought this cord because I needed a new power cord for my Coleman 5644 iceless power cooler. Plus I had $40 of frood to save. The 12-volt plug melted in the socket after almost a year with no issues. I can see right from the pictures that all of the power cords won't fit this model. The terminal ends of the cooler's motor fan was the flat type and the cord was the female prong type. I had to Jury-Rigg the terminal ends of the motor fan of the cooler into the "male" Prong shape with needle nose pliers, and wire cutters. After doing all that, and cleaning all the parts, everything fit together and the cooler worked. After one day of use the fuse blew, and I noticed that the plug was hot(which is werid because the cooler uses only use 4 Amps). I replaced the fuse with a 5 amp one. After some troubleshooting, I noticed if you first plug the cord into a heavy duty 12 volt socket extension cord, and then plug that into a 12 volt socket that is rated at 15 amps or more you won't have that cord end melting problem (and the cord will get slightly warm instread of hot). It seems like all of the higher amp RoadPro products have similar issues of their cords overheating, melting, and or blowing fuses. It's not my truck because I used an A/C adapter and the same problems happen. All of the RoadPro stuff have that very cheap, "made in china" feel to them, and you're lucky if any of their stuff last a year. Whenever I get a chance I'm going to buy the Coleman plug instead.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite "Universal"..., July 24, 2010
I bought three of these cords for my better half - an OTR driver. I thought the price was fantastic! When I gave them to him, he told me that this is NOT what he needed. However, for a few more dollars, I bought electrical connectors so he could splice into the original Coleman cord, and use his fridge. This does NOT fit Coleman electrostatic coolers; so I don't believe that it is a universal product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Use caution....., August 31, 2014
Have had several of these (not purchased thru Amazon) and the cigarette lighter plugs are junk. Be careful with this with extended use the plugs overheat and melt. My wife and I are truck drivers and are on the road for weeks on end and we depend on our igloo cooler but plugs won't last more than several months. Only thing I have found that works is to cut off plug and splice in a plug not from Igloo or RoadPro. Was hoping to find a cord that would fit not made by them.

1.0 out of 5 stars I think the issue is that the Igloo I wanted to use it with has a slot to insert the cord that is designed to only cool and not, August 9, 2014
Steven Hendley (Birmingham, AL USA) - See all my reviews
It didn't work with my Igloo Koolmate. I think the issue is that the Igloo I wanted to use it with has a slot to insert the cord that is designed to only cool and not, by reversing it, to warm. I also have an older Igloo that is designed for both cooling and warming and it fit that one. So, if you have an Igloo that only cools and doesn't allow you to reverse the plug to warm, I'd avoid this product.

Rate and Discover Movies