4.0 out of 5 stars 12-Volt Ceramic Heater/Fan with Swivel Base
Published on October 25, 2007 by Robert Swensen

1.0 out of 5 stars Your going to be sorry................
Published on February 17, 2009 by Earle Bubar

1.0 out of 5 stars Your going to be sorry................, February 17, 2009
Earle Bubar (Northern Maine) - See all my reviews
This review is from: RoadPro RPSL-681 12V Direct Hook-Up Ceramic Heater/Fan with Swivel Base (Automotive)
Just installed one of these in my John Deere Tractor cab, and am pretty disapointed. I have seen these advertised as both 300 Watts and now Amazon is listing them as only 180 watts???? So am not sure if there is two models of this or not??? I bought it because of the review on here from the guy with the skid steer praising it??? I found mine will take 20 mins to defrost[about a foot square hole NOT the whole thing] the windshield if its ZERO degrees here in Northern Maine. I dont really know what it would be good for???? I would say it would be something that would heat up an area maybe 18"X18" square not the cab of a tractor, that is more like 4ft square. If you think it will heat up a vehicle anything like the vehicle heater, you are going to be very disapointed. As it's output is about 1/10th of that.............. I would not have bought it if I could have pluged one in before I bought!!! Maybe a better way of rating it is that a standard hairdryer[1500wt] will put out atleast <<<5>>> times what this does; if you have a 300watt version; the 180watt version, they are selling now, would only put out <<<8X less>>> than a hairdryer. So if you think about how long it would take to heat up the vehicle with a standard hairdryer and then assume it will take 8X longer you can see it is going to take a very LONG TIME!

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay away from this heater, February 6, 2009
I bought this heater because, at the time, it was the best rated car heater on Amazon. The fan barely blew any heat out. I had to keep my hands directly over the heater to feel any heat at all.

After owning this heater for about two months, it caught fire in my Jeep I had to get rid of it. I would not recommend anybody purchase this heater.

4.0 out of 5 stars 12-Volt Ceramic Heater/Fan with Swivel Base, October 25, 2007
This heater is a marked improvement over the 12v ceramic defroster type heater (powered by a cigarette lighter receptacle) tha I had installed. The unit wires directly to the battery with thicker gatuge wire. Alternatively, it can be wired to the main bus bar which is the case in my boat. The heater warms the cabin of my BellBoy classic glass cruiser. So, I am pleased with it and would recommend it for similar small-spaced applications.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible. No heat and not worth the price., October 26, 2010
You have to hold your hand within a half-inch of the heater to even feel a slight warmth coming from it with the heat and fan turned up all the way. It couldn't keep a cricket warm on a sunny day. Not worth the money. Not worth ANY money. I regret the purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT WORTH IT!, January 1, 2008
OTR TRUCKER (BOWLING GREEN, KY) - See all my reviews
I AM A TRUCKER AND i BOUGHT THIS PRODUCT AT MAJOR TRUCK STOP IN ILLINOIS. i HOOKED IT UP AND WENT TO SLEEP AND WOKE UP 4 HOURS LATER FREEZING TO DEATH.i THOGHT MAYBE IT WAS DEFECTIVE SO I EXCHANGED IT. THE OTHER ONE WAS JUST AS BAD. THIS IS A POOR QUALITY PRODUCT. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY OR TIME FOR A PRODUCT THAT DONT WORK.

1.0 out of 5 stars impressive look-unimpressive performance, December 11, 2007
I have this unit installed in my Subaru wagon. Forget about getting any heat. Turned to the windshield, it keeps a small portion of the windshield clear of condensation. Thats all it's good for. Hardly any heat, hardly any moving air from the fan.
An impressive looking gadget; but not really a heater. Not worth 50 cents.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice item, lacking in a few areas, March 12, 2007
I liked the size and the features, but the fan is very lacking and without a switch in the circuit the fan's power stays on unless you remove the fuses. All in all it kept me from freezing too much but could have been made a lot better.

3.0 out of 5 stars Less than expected, December 17, 2010
I got this heater as a temporary solution after I bypassed my heater core.. Well, it is one of the product with higher rating after than getting something like Flex-a-lite Mojave.. After reading reading mixed review, I still gave i try because winter is getting unbearable with long commute. I have to agree with other reader about couple of things:
1) Fan is too weak.. I actually don't see a lot of difference between max and min fan speed
2) You can only feel heat with your hands few inches away. I think if the fan is a bit stronger, it probably would ciruclate warm air a little better (notice I said warm air, and not hot air)..
3) Bracket is flimsy. Originally I was planning to place the heater on the front dashboard, but the doubleside tap with the weak bracket just would hold up. They gave you two screws supposed you can secure the bracket to somewhere, but who in the right mind would drill two holes in your car?!

Well, the good news is at least I can place the heater on my nap, and at least warm my body and hands a bit for my long driving... Would I recommend it to someone? I think you will have to take the chance...

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, March 8, 2007
Howard Osterhouse (Central Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
This is a great fill in if your heater core sprung a leak and you don't want to replace it. It worked great in my extended cab pick up. It will take the chill off, but your not going to roast. The only complaint is that the bracket is really cheesy and it could break very easy. It should have a metal braket like a CB radio with screws at each end.

2.0 out of 5 stars it works but..., January 5, 2007
nemesis enforcer "n" (buffalo, ny United States) - See all my reviews
it puts out heat but not very well, maybe if it was put under a blanket in an emergency it would suffice, but by no means is it a replacment for your cars heating system.

Rate and Discover Movies