4.0 out of 5 stars An impressive debut from a talented vocalist
For his debut album, Roads, The Voice alumnus Chris Mann weaves together an unexpected mix of classical, country, and pop songs together into an intimate, warm musical tapestry.

If you didn't know, you'd never guess that this is Mann's debut album. His confident, deeply-felt delivery of the songs gives the impression of a veteran singer and performer...
Published on October 30, 2012 by Denise R.

3.0 out of 5 stars A little all over the music genre
While I enjoy his voice, Chris needs to settle into one genre and work at it. Is he going to sing the classics, or pop or what?
Published 20 months ago by Rebecca A. & Ronald D. Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars An impressive debut from a talented vocalist, October 30, 2012
Denise R. (Pacific Northwest, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roads (Audio CD)

Though most of the songs on this album are covers, Mann presents them as fresh creations, using the artistry of his powerful, expressive voice to make them indelibly his.

Mann duets with his mentor from The Voice, Christina Aguilera, on Damien Rice's "The Blower's Daughter." The song sheds the stripped down, organic feeling of the original in favor of a dramatic, string-filled number, packed with emotion and longing. It'll get stuck in your head long after you've finished listening.

Though I had my doubts as to how successful Mann would be with Willie Nelson's classic "Always on My Mind" - one of my very favorite songs, ever - its intimate, heartfelt and very contemporary delivery brought a freshness to it which I liked very much. (If I were the woman he were singing that to, all would be forgiven!)

Frank Sinatra's iconic and inspirational song, "My Way" - another American classic - is also given new life, and will surely get you tapping your toe and then singing along. It's one of the album's highlights.

The title track, "Roads," written and produced by Keith Thomas, is a moving meditation on staying on your own path while dealing with life's uncertainties, and Mann delivers it with conviction:

Some are long and some are weathered
Some will lead you through a storm
When you've gone astray you will find your way
As you walk along these roads

There are roads in this life that I have traveled
There are scars and there are battles, these I know
Cause I'd be lost but no matter where I go
They will one day lead me home

The album culminates in a song he first performed on "The Voice" - a joyful, sweeping version of Coldplay's "Viva la Vida."

There are original songs here, too: Mann co-wrote the moving ballad, "Falling", a love song, as well as the song "Cuore" (which is based on Bach's "Air on a G String"), showing his deftness with both traditional and contemporary music. His rendition of "Ave Maria" further showcases his love of classical music, and how well suited his voice is to it. It will be fascinating to see the directions in which his career will take him.

(Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy of this album in exchange for a review. However, the opinions stated in the review are honest, and are solely my own. I really liked it and have happily listened to it many times!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, November 4, 2012
This review is from: Roads (Audio CD)
To sing "My Way" the Frank Sinatra-associated standard meant a great deal to Mann, whose late grandfather had himself once headed to L.A. in an attempt to make it as a Sinatra-influenced crooner, only to shelve his dream, return to Kansas and start a family. "I was raised on Sinatra by my granddad, so I have a strong connection to him as I'm pursuing my own dream," says Mann in a particularly emotional moment. "If he'd known that I'd one day be recording the only other official version of `My Way,' he would be so proud and excited."

Chris Mann sings better than Josh Groban in my opinion because he has a much more controlled vibrato. I was impressed with the songs and the arrangements on this cd and I actually like every selection on the cd, which rarely ever happens. This is a cd that everyone should have in their collection. One of the very best!

4.0 out of 5 stars A Young Bocelli?, January 14, 2013
Maggie Haenel (Scottsdale AZ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roads (Audio CD)
Love this guy's voice and that bit of "popera" (pop/opera) quality about some of his songs. As a fan of Andrea Bocelli, I am so glad to hear someone with similar qualities in his music. He sounds great in straight pop songs, too, but I love the mix of everything from opera to pop on this CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chris Mann is amazing!, November 15, 2012
This review is from: Roads (MP3 Music)
I love this music! I saw Chris in concert! What an amazing artist and entertainer! I can't wait to hear more from him!

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome voice, March 2, 2013
This review is from: Roads (Audio CD)
I first saw him on "VOICE" and thought he was the best contestant. He also looks like a movie star, so he should go far. I know this CD was thrown together quickly, but I'm anxious to hear what comes next. I will be buying it too.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great debut for Chris Mann!, November 17, 2012
Amazon Customer (Atascadero, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roads (Audio CD)
Over a year ago, Chris Mann was featured on one of the other campaigns I participated in (I forget which website it was?) as a new upcoming artist. A few months later, he actually became the fourth place finalist from the second season of "The Voice". He was able to work with Christina Aguilera as his mentor. I was in awe of not only of his talents (he is an awesome singer!) but also of his good looks. He is a hottie!

I was really excited about getting picked to review his new album "ROADS" (released Oct. 30, 2012) for One2OneNetwork! His voice reminds me of a crossover between Josh Groban, Michael Buble and Elliott Yamin. He just has a really sensual side to him with a little R&B and opera mixed in with his contemporary style of music. He can reach really high notes (think in the styles of Christina Aguilera & Celine Dion) which is impressive. He sings with such romanticism and passion, makes you melt like butter. This album would be perfect to play during a dinner party or a romantic night with your lover...or while you're relaxing in the hot tub with some candles lit up.

The first song Roads in the album is probably my favorite. The words have so much meaning for me personally. His renditions of songs like "I Need You Now" (by Lady Antebellum), "On A Night Like This" (by Dave Barnes) and "Ave Maria" (a classic!) were very well done. Not to say the other songs weren't well done at all, but those were some of my other favorites. He sang Coldplay's song "Viva La Vida" and I just didn't think it suited him. Although I like the song itself, I just didn't think it was his kind of style. But good for him for trying. Overall, I think he has a heavenly voice and is great eye candy. His album wasn't mind-blowing by any means but I thought it was a good debut. ;)

I encourage you to purchase his album and check out for yourself how great he really is as an artist. You can purchase the album on iTunes [...] or Amazon.com ([...] I promise, you will not be disappointed! For more information about Chris Mann, check out his main website ChrisMannMusic.com - [...]

*This is a review post from One2One Network. I was provided with a copy of the album and I am eligible for a prize drawing. All opinions stated are my own.

3.0 out of 5 stars A little all over the music genre, April 18, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Voice, no originality, February 24, 2013
This review is from: Roads (MP3 Music)
A bunch of cover songs. Well done, but cover songs non the less. I would buy CD in the future if he grows as an artist and does some original music.

3.0 out of 5 stars Roads, January 29, 2013
This review is from: Roads (Audio CD)
Love his voice, loved the song "Roads" but not too much more on the album. Will listen again.
Appreciate the fast service. Thank You

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!!!!!!, August 20, 2013
This review is from: Roads (Audio CD)
I have no clue why this guy has not yet won a Grammy for this album! Maybe it's a timing sort of thing.

This guy can sing like you can't believe! His voice is obviously well trained. I think he sang opera in Europe. His voice is powerful, clear, rich, stunning!

Please note I NEVER rave about singers. I don't even watch the Grammys b/c I think most of them can't even sing.

This guy is in a league of his own!

His interpretation of the music is also phenomenal. It's like for each song his voice takes on a different character if you will a different emotional state.

This guy knocks it right out of the ball park!

I really think a talent like Chris Mann only comes along once, say, every one or two decades. I don't know him and don't work for him or anything so I'm not getting paid or anything to write this.

His rendition of "My Way," is truly unbelievable. You have to hear it to believe it. It starts out softly but really builds very powerfully towards the end.

I listen to him sing and he truly inspires me (I know that sounds really corny) to do my art. I just get goose bumps.

I can't describe it.

This guy is a MAJOR talent. Give this album a chance. If you like the genre of Josh Groban at all, the classical, pop, type you'll love this album.

This guy can sing!!! Very refreshing when so many people in the music industry can't sing at all- in my opinion. I think they get in b/c they good looking and probably know people. This guy has it all. Truly! Give it a shot, you won't be sorry.

And,again, I never rave about singers. I just don't. Chris Mann is really unbelievable.

Roads