2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work well for me, January 7, 2010
This review is from: RoamEO PuPpack GPS Adjustable Dog Collar RoamEO PuP & PuPcollar, 12-inch to 24-inch (Misc.)
I had a couple of problems with this product: First and foremost, my dog kept scratching at the collar and more than once, was able to get to the clasp and scratch the collar off. Fortunately, this happened in the house and we were able to recover the collar. Second, the battery on the handheld unit only lasts for about a day if you leave it on all of the time. I have been having trouble with my dogs getting out, so I need this to be on the dog all of the time, and I wanted the handheld unit on all of the time so I didn't have to calibrate it before I could track the dogs if they got out. As far as how it worked, it was very easy to track the dogs as long as the batteries were charged, but because of the reasons explained earlier, I didn't think it was a good fit for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this product, October 5, 2010
I bought this device only to find it was defective. I sent it back to the company who acknowledged that it was defective. They did not send a new one but kept it for 2 MONTHS while waiting for parts. I finally got it back only to find that it was not working properly. I left several messages at customer service requesting a refund. Noone will call back. I have no idea how well it works because it never did. This can be a faulty device and the customer service is shameful. I am out almost $300.

1.0 out of 5 stars Customer Service Sucks!, July 11, 2010
****REVISION OF MY EARLIER REVIEW.****

The unit stopped working about a month ago and I have been trying to contact the customer service department with no success. It goes straight to voice mail and I have left numerous messages for Tom in customer service. I have not had the courtesy of a return phone call. I am sorry I ever purchased this crappy unit and having to deal with a company that won't stand behind their product adds insult to injury. Do NOT purchase this anything from this company. I ended up losing $300.00 on a crappy piece of junk!

I purchased this product and had trouble getting the collar to communicate with the handheld. I called the manufacturer's customer service number and asked for someone to walk me through the steps. I spoke to Tom who was very helpful and courteous and ended up sending me a replacement charger at no cost. While the product itself can be a little "temperamental" the company is great to deal with and makes up for the shortcomings of the product. I find that sometimes the collar will not register on the handheld and also the batteries can be an issue. Because I have a new dog who was a "door-dasher" and would run away every chance he had, I got this unit to help me track him down when he ran off. As it turns out, the dog likes the home-cooking so much, that he does not run away anymore. I still put the collar on him when we go hiking in case he gets lost. All in all, the product is okay and I opted to keep the unit instead of returning it. The company's customer service sold me on keeping the unit instead of returning it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed, December 13, 2010
Del Fuego (Boston, MA USA) - See all my reviews
When I first used the RoamEO GPS dog collar it worked fine. After only a few uses, however, it began to malfunction. It would take 20 minutes or more for the hand-held unit to make its GPS connection to the collar. More problematic, however, was that after it did connect it gave false readings. For example, it would say that the dog was to the front right when she was to my left. If I cannot trust the unit when I have the dog in sight, obviously it is of little value when the dog goes missing. Worse, it could send me in the wrong direction on the search, exacerbating the problem. The one thing a GPS dog collar needs to be is reliable, otherwise it is worthless. This one is unreliable and, in my opinion, worthless.

1.0 out of 5 stars GPS function does not work - AT ALL, January 5, 2011
avid reader (Albany, IN United States) - See all my reviews
This product does not work, nor has it ever worked once since I purchased it several months ago. The display screen indicates that the GPS unit and satellite have connected, but no connection is made to the collar.

The 888 customer service number provided on the instruction manual gives me a message that the number has been disconnected. Great. That's $300 down the drain.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, October 10, 2011
I'm so sorry to report that after 2 months of daily use, I'm giving up on this system. The battery really only lasts about 12 - 16 hours and the unit really only tells you if your dog is near or far and in which general direction. Sure, it does say how many feet away the dog is, but I have proven this to be highly inaccurate. Even if my pet were asleep in the woods and unable to hear me, I'm not sure I would be able to locate it with this unit. Frequently, it can't even find my pet. The only good I have to say is the collar seems really, really sturdy (but it is quite large, as are my dogs).