From the Back Cover
* New material
* More tables and case studies
* Easier-to-read notations and figures
* More accessible layout
* Consistent table and equation numbering
* More on experimental stress analysis and stress concentrations
* New data on material behavior under stress and strain including appendix on composite materials
* Updated tables
With each succeeding edition, this renowned reference has proven itself as the be-all, end-all resource for designers, engineers, and analysts working with calculations of loads and stress. The Seventh Edition is no exception, as it carries on the book's tradition of presenting equations and diagrams of structural properties all in an easy-to-use, thumb-through format. Offering readability, the latest edition of Roark's Formulas for Stress and Strain is truly the best Roark's yet, and the one reference that you'll turn to most, project after project, year after year.
About the Author
Richard G. Budynas is professor of mechanical engineering at Rochester Institute of Technology. He is author of a newly revised McGraw-Hill textbook, Applied Strength and Applied Stress Analysis, 2nd Edition.