Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 21, 2009
This book has some great practice questions that correspond to the information presented in the other Robbins Texts. It is probably slightly better than the previous edition. That being said, if you have the previous Robbins Review of Pathology (ed 7) there is absolutely no reason to buy this edition. The changes are very minor: slightly reworded, added more multiple choice throwaway options, changed the picture, etc. And, I would say about 90% of the questions are exactly the same. For obvious reasons, the publishers don't make this very clear, but I have known people who were planning on "getting a whole new book of questions" - which is why I bought this book - and got a disappointing surprise.
on September 22, 2009
The review of pathology complements Goljan rapid review of pathology very well. The best part about this review book is its detailed explanation for each question.
on October 16, 2009
This book is organized by topic within pathology. Each section is about 30-50 multiple choice questions with extensive answers that both address why some options are correct and why others are incorrect. Coordinates well with the Robbins textbook but can be used alone without confusion. Very helpful for anyone taking a pathology course or studying for USMLE Step 1, although some of the questions may not be as difficult as one would see on the actual test. With that said, anyone using Robbins text should be using this gauge their understanding.
on February 17, 2010
The strength of this book lies with its answer section. It explains reasons for the correct and all the incorrect answers so that you fully understand what the questions. I would say that 60% of the questions are straight forward while the rest is more difficult. I'm not sure how these questions compare to the step 1 questions in terms of difficulty. But, all the questions are patient vignettes. With my M2 course load I do have a hard time finding the time to do all the questions. But, when I do, I do enjoy using it.
on May 27, 2014
I am renting this (great deal) to help me learn / review pathology. It's a good resource. Some cases are pretty though provoking and some are more straight forward. It will help me prep for boards too! The best part is that the answers to the cases are not just answers, they are explanations, which is so incredibly helpful, and helps you integrate your pathology knowledge together.
on February 11, 2011
I think this review book is useful as it questions the student on the most important facts and concepts found in the textbook.
on October 18, 2012
I have found this review book to be extremely helpful while studying for Path. Because it is made specifically to correspond with Robbins, the chapters in the review book correspond well to topics in either Big or Little Robbins, and - even better - each question's answer explanation includes reference pages for both texts (in their 8th edition) which is super helpful if you want to look something up.

The answer explanations are thorough, but I do think they could be organized slightly better - I just wish they would start a new line for each answer choice, even though it takes up more room that way. It would just be simpler to look at. However, it's not a major issue and I'm glad that they do have explanations.

Sometimes the questions seem to ask about the same concept over and over again, but I take it to mean that those concepts are especially high yield and important. And it's inevitable to have a bit of redundancy when you do multiple questions on a constrained topic. For exam review, this can even be helpful to drill in ideas.

Overall, I love resources that give me reliable questions and answers to practice on, and this book is great for that. It helps me do more active learning than just reading and I find it clear and easy to use. Would definitely recommend for medical students or anyone else wanting to learn pathology!
on December 10, 2012
I've heard great reviews about this book. A few days before the exam, I bought the Kindle version because I didn't want to wait for the printed version to be shipped to me and it's also a little cheaper. But as convenient as that is, I find it a hassle to bookmark the pages of the questions and the answers and going back and forth between them and constantly adding and deleting bookmarks. So get the printed version if you can.
on January 22, 2011
This is a questions book which I used throughout pathophysiology during MS2. I highly highly recommend this. I didn't use it at all for boards studying, only for extra prep for my exams. I felt like I was super prepared based on these questions, some of which are pretty difficult. It definitely beats reading the R&C Textbook!
on April 7, 2013
Great path review book that focuses in on key concepts & "trigger" words/language. The answer explanations at the back of the book are also exceptional since they tell you (1) why the correct answer is correct and (2) why the wrong answers are wrong.

However, I would not suggest taking your performance on the questions in the book to be indicative of your performance on med school exams. What Robbins thinks is important may not be what your professors think is important to test. That said, I think this book will be a good companion/review for boards pathology studying.