Will Robert Caro mention Malcolm Wallace in his new book?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 29 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 21, 2011 9:13:18 PM PST
sixthfloor says:
I've just pre-ordered Caro's long awaited book on LBJ. I'm curious to see if he will touch upon any of this:
http://home.earthlink.net/~sixthfloor/estes.htm

Glen Sample

Posted on Jan 17, 2012 3:27:08 PM PST
Charlemagne says:
I hope there is a good and revealing treatment of the role of Bill Moyers in the White House and as an aide to Lyndon Johnson.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2012 1:13:57 PM PST
Chris P. says:
The conspiracy aspect will not be touched. Robert Caro knows that do so would be economic suicide. He would be crucified, vilified and condemned by the powers that be (the mass media), as were Oliver Stone, Jim Garrison, Lane, Thompson, Weisberg, Groden, Livingstone, Maars, Douglass, etc., etc., By towing the government line, or is it lie, he will get the accolades he deserves for another outstanding work of literary history. But as we all know, there is one line he cannot cross!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2012 3:40:52 PM PST
As well he should be if he joined the wack jobs from the fever pits of insanity

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 1:42:02 PM PST
Chris P. says:
Malcolm Wallace was a convicted murderer and close friend of Lyndon Johnson. His fingerprints were found on the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository on Nov. 22, 1963. Maybe the wack jobs aren't so wacky after all.

Posted on Mar 17, 2012 11:37:21 PM PDT
I think Robert Caro, as well as all of academia, are going to have to come to terms with the salient fact that Lyndon Johnson shot his way into the White House.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2012 4:23:25 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 18, 2012 4:36:56 PM PDT
Mark bennett says:
"Malcolm Wallace was a convicted murderer and close friend of Lyndon Johnson. His fingerprints were found on the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository on Nov. 22, 1963. Maybe the wack jobs aren't so wacky after all."

A wack job compared some prints from the sixth floor to the fingerprints to Malcolm Wallace and decided that they were the same. The first problem with what he did was that he started with a conclusion and made the evidence fit what he had already decided. The second problem is that he can't find many non wack jobs to stand by his match of the fingerprints.

Caro's book isn't likely to be very interesting. This is the least interesting part of Lyndon Johnson's political career. I woulld imagine its mostly going to be about feuding with Bobby Kennedy.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2012 4:35:42 PM PDT
Mark bennett says:
Given that the book only covers until 1964, there are only a few incidents concerning Bill Moyers that would probably come up:

- His search for "peverts" in the white house in 1964.
- His investigation of the Goldwater staff looking for sexual dirt to use against them
- The Daisy political ad.

Its doubtful anything new will come up in any of these matters. Moyers and his friends have always stuck to their story where they blame everything on the FBI. The "Code of Silence" practiced by the Johnson inner circle means its doubtful anything new will come out.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2012 11:31:03 PM PDT
While your point that this is LBJ's least interesting part of his career is well taken anyone who can write 150 pages on the isolation of East Texas in the late 1880's without mentioning the book subject and make it gripping can do anything (the 1st vol.). I started this series because I was looking for something to read. Well I found it this has been fantastic and like most of my generation I wasn't a fan of LBJ. Also good to see someone else not living in the fever pits.

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 11:52:05 AM PDT
The LBJ-CIA Assassination of JFK

If you want to get quickly "up to speed" on the JFK assassination, here is what to read:

1) LBJ: Mastermind of JFK's Assassination by Phillip Nelson
2) JFK and the Unspeakable:Why He Died and Why it Matters by James Douglass
3) Brothers: the Hidden History of the Kennedy Years by David Talbot
4) The Dark Side of Camelot by Seymour Hersh
5) Family of Secrets: The Bush Dynasty by Russ Baker
6) Power Beyond Reason: The Mental Collapse of Lyndon Johnson by Jablow Hershman
7) Google the essay "LBJ-CIA Assassination of JFK" by Robert Morrow
8) Google "National Security State and the Assassination of JFK by Andrew Gavin Marshall."
9) Google "Chip Tatum Pegasus." Intimidation of Ross Perot 1992
10) Google "Vincent Salandria False Mystery Speech." Read everything Vincent Salandria ever wrote.
11) Google "Unanswered Questions as Obama Annoints HW Bush" by Russ Baker
12) Google "Did the Bushes Help to Kill JFK" by Wim Dankbaar
13) Google "The Holy Grail of the JFK story" by Jefferson Morley
14) Google "The CIA and the Media" by Carl Bernstein
15) Google "CIA Instruction to Media Assets 4/1/67"
16) Google "Limit CIA Role to Intelligence" Harry Truman on 12/22/63
17) Google "Dwight Eisenhower Farewell Address" on 1/17/61
18) Google "Jerry Policoff NY Times." Read everything Jerry Policoff ever wrote about the CIA media cover up of the JFK assassination.
19) Google "CBS News and the Lone Assassin Story" by Roger Feinman"
20) Google "Reasoning about Assassinations" by James Fetzer
21) Google "Murray Rothbard the JFK Flap"
22) Google "Preserving the Legacy by Mat Wilson"
23) Google "Bertrand Russell 16 Questions on the Assassination"
24) Google "The Day Democracy Died in America by Tom Cahill"
25) Google "See the LBJ Robot by Mack White"
26) Google "Spooks make life miserable for Ambassador Lodge" by Richard Starnes 10/2/63
27) Google "The Intra-Administration War in Vietnam" by Arthur Krock 10/3/63
28) Google "Lee Harvey Oswald's reading habits summer 1963" by Judyth Vary Baker
29) Watch on You Tube the extremely important videos The Men Who Killed Kennedy, episodes 7, 8, and 9 which focus on the role of Lyndon Johnson.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2012 1:44:46 PM PDT
if you want to be a raving paranoid nutcat you will follow the wackjobs who have grow exponentially with the web.

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 1:53:21 PM PDT
The weight of the evidence is that an elite domestic conspiracy, led by Lyndon Johnson, murdered John Kennedy. Here are some more good books to read:

Here are some good books to read on the JFK assassination; focus on the roles of
Lyndon Johnson and the CIA.

1963 Coup d'Etat, aka JFK Assassination
Best JFK Assassination Books and DVDs Author

1 LBJ: The Mastermind of JFK's Assassination Phillip F. Nelson
2 JFK and the Unspeakable: Why He Died and Why It Matters James Douglass
3 Brothers: The Hidden History of the Kennedy Years David Talbot
4 Family of Secrets: The Bush Dynasty, the Powerful Forces That Put It in the White House, and What Their Influence Means for America Russ Baker
5 The Dark Side of Camelot Seymour Hersh
6 The Tatum Chronicles (Google "Chip Tatum Pegasus" for free on internet! Extremely important!) D. G. "Chip Tatum"
7 The Final Chapter on the Assassination of John F. Kennedy Craig Zirbel
8 The Texas Connection Craig Zirbel
9 The Men Who Killed Kennedy - the Guilty Men DVD, episodes 7,8,9 on YouTube Nigel Turner
10 Blood, Money & Power: How L.B.J Killed J.F.K. Barr McClellan
11 The Dark Side of Lyndon Baines Johnson Joachim Joesten
12 The Immaculate Deception: The Bush Crime Family Exposed Russell S. Bowen
13 Texas in the Morning: The Love Story of Madeleine Brown and President Lyndon Baines Johnson Madeleine Brown
14 JFK - Director's Cut - 2 Disc Special Edition (1991) Oliver Stone
15 Defrauding America: Encyclopedia of Secret Operations by the CIA, DEA and Other Covert Agencies Rodney Stich
16 Bloody Treason: On Solving History's Greatest Murder Mystery: The Assassination of John F. Kennedy Noel H. Twyman
17 Illusion and Denial in the John F. Kennedy Assassination Noel H. Twyman
18 The Emperor's New Clothes Hans Christian Anderson
19 Obedience to Authority Stanley Milgram
20 Conspiracy: Who Killed President Kennedy? Anthony Summers
21 Not in Your Lifetime Anthony Summers
22 Me & Lee: How I Came to Know, Love and Lose Lee Harvey Oswald Judyth Vary Baker
23 Lee Harvey Oswald: The True Story of the Accused Assassin of President John F. Kennedy, by His Lover Judyth Vary Baker
24 The Last Investigation Gaeton Fonzi
25 Farewell America: The Plot to Kill JFK James Hepburn and William Turner
26 Rearview Mirrow: Looking Back at the FBI, the CIA and Other Tails William Turner
27 False Mystery: Essays on the Assassination of JFK Vincent Salandria
28 Correspondence with Vincent Salandria Michael D. Morrissey
29 The Transparent Conspiracy Michael D. Morrissey
30 History Will Not Absolve Us: Orwellian Control, Public Denial, & the Murder of President Kennedy Martin Schotz
31 Maverick: Fifty Years of Investigative Reporting Fred J. Cook
32 My Twelve Years with John F. Kennedy Evelyn Lincoln
33 Kennedy & Johnson Evelyn Lincoln
34 Dallas Did It!: Facts about the Dallas' involvement in the planning and financing of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, and glimpses into the love story of Lyndon Baines Johnson and Madeleine Duncan Brown Madeleine Brown & Connie Kritzberg
35 Oswald and the CIA John Newman
36 Oswald, the CIA and the Warren Commission Peter Kross
37 Spy Saga: Lee Harvey Oswald and U.S. Intelligence Philip H. Melanson
38 I Am a Patsy! I Am a Patsy George de Mohrenschildt
39 Marina and Lee Priscalla Johnson McMillan
40 Lee: A Portrait of Lee Harvey Oswald by His Brother Robert Oswald, Myrick Land, Barbara Land
41 Revolution is My Profession Ed Butler
42 Oswald Kerry Thornley
43 The Idle Warriors Kerry Thornley
44 Red Friday, Nov. 22nd, 1963 Carlos Bringuier
45 Portrait of the Assassin Gerald Ford and John Stiles
46 A Mother in History Jean Stafford
47 I Lead 3 Lives: Citizen, "Communist," Counterspy Herbert A. Philbrick
48 Who Shot JFK? Robin Ramsay
49 Barry & 'the Boys': The CIA, the Mob and America's Secret History Daniel Hopsicker
50 Billie Sol Estes a Texas Legend Billie Sol Estes
51 Billie Sol: King of the Texas Wheeler-Dealers Pam Estes
52 JFK le dernier: Assassinat de Kennedy, enfin la verite! Billie Sol Estes & William Reymond
53 JFK, the Last Standing Man Billie Sol Estes & William Reymond
54 Jesse Ventura, Conspiracy Theory Jesse Ventura and Dick Russell
55 American Conspiracies: Lies, Lies and More Dirty Lies the Government Tells Us Jesse Ventura and Dick Russell
56 63 Documents the Government Doesn't Want You to Read Jesse Ventura and Dick Russell
57 The Conspirators: Secrets of an Iran-Contra Insider Al Martin
58 Last Word: My Indictment of the CIA in the Murder of JFK Mark Lane
59 Plausible Denial: Was the CIA Involved in the Assassination of JFK Mark Lane
60 My Last Word: My Indictment of the CIA in the Murder of JFK Mark Lane
61 Rush to Judgement Mark Lane
62 A Citizen's Dissent: Mark Lane Replies to the Defenders of the Warren Report, to the press and communications industry, to the Establishment intellectuals and commentators, and tells the grim story of how his dissent was almost silenced Mark Lane
63 To Kill a President: Finally an Ex-FBI Agent rips aside the Veil of Secrecy that killed JFK Wesley Smearingen
64 JFK: The CIA, Vietnam and the Plot to Assassinate John F. Kennedy Fletcher Prouty
65 The Secret Team: The CIA and its Allies in Control of the United States and the World Fletcher Prouty
66 Trauma Room One: The JFK Medical Coverup Exposed Charles Crenshaw
67 JFK Conspiracy of Silence Charles Crenshaw
68 Regicide: The Official Assassination of John F. Kennedy Gregory Douglas
69 The Shadows of Power: The Council on Foreign Relations and the American Decline James Perloff
70 A Texan Looks at Lyndon: A Study in Illegitimate Power J. Evetts Haley
71 The Men on the Sixth Floor Glen Sample & Mark Collum
72 Crossfire: The Plot That Killed Kennedy Jim Marrs
73 Breach of Trust: How the Warren Commission Failed the Nation and Why Gerald D. McKnight
74 Power Beyond Reason: The Mental Collapse of Lyndon Johnson D. Jablow Hershman
75 Inside the Assassination Records Review Board: The U.S. Government's Final Attempt to Reconcile the Conflicting Medical Evidence in the Assassination of JFK, Volumes 1-5 Douglas P. Horne
76 Someone Would Have Talked Larry Hancock
77 Thy Will Be Done: The Conquest of The Amazon: Nelson Rockefeller and Evangelism in the Age of Oil Gerard Colby & Charlotte Dennett
78 Battling Wall Street: The Kennedy Presidency Donald Gibson
79 The Kennedy Assassination Cover Up Donald Gibson
80 The Kennedy Assassination Cover Up - Revisited Donald Gibson
81 Evidence of Revision: The Assassination of America Anonymous DVD
82 War is a Racket: the Antiwar Classic by America's Most Decorated Soldier Smedley D. Butler
83 Dog Days at the White House: The Outrageous Memoirs of the Presidential Kennel Keeper Traphes Bryant
84 Bobby and Jackie: A Love Story C. David Heymann
85 Edward Lansdale's Cold War Jonathan Nashel
86 JFK: The Cuba Files: The Untold Story of the Plot to Kill Kennedy (Secret War) Fabian Escalante
87 Executive Action: 634 Ways to Kill Fidel Castro (Secret War) Fabian Escalante
88 Who Killed Kennedy? Thomas Buchanan
89 How Kennedy was Killed: The Full Appalling Story Joachim Joesten
90 Oswald: Assassin or Fall Guy? Joachim Joesten
91 Marina Oswald Joachim Joesten
92 Oswald: The Truth Joachim Joesten
93 The Garrison Enquiry: Truth & Consequences Joachim Joesten
94 The Radical Right and the Murder of John F. Kennedy: Stunning Evidence in the Assassination of the President Harrison Livingstone
95 High Treason: The Assassination of JFK & the Case for Conspiracy Harrison Livingstone & Robert Groden
96 High Treason 2 Harrison Livingstone
97 Killing the Truth Harrison Livingstone
98 Who Killed JFK? Carl Oglesby
99 The Yankee and Cowboy War: Conspiracies from Dallas to Watergate Carl Oglesby
100 The JFK Assassination: The Facts and the Theories Carl Oglesby
101 Lyndon B. Johnson: A Memoir George Reedy
102 Dr. Mary's Monkey Edward Haslam

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 4:18:46 PM PDT
Jonesy says:
Thank you, Robert Morrow, for all the work you do in the name of truth and justice. I was hoping in my lifetime that the government would finally admit their complicity in the death of our beloved President, but it appears that the cover-up is alive and well. So much for our democracy.

Posted on May 2, 2012 4:57:07 PM PDT
Holly, you are welcome and you can google "LBJ-CIA Assassination of JFK."

Also, email me at Morrow321@aol.com and I will send you my entire "LBJ and CIA killed JFK" Word doc. It is 600+ pages of the finest in JFK research.

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 12:38:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 13, 2012 11:35:53 AM PDT
Chris you believe more stupid things than possibly anyone I've ever conversed with on the Internet. Are you aware that there is not one single fingerprint expert on the planet that believes the mystery print located on the 6th floor belongs to Malcolm wallace. I swear...I hope if I ever fabricate a real estate scam that you are still around so I can sell you my swamp land in Florida. You are without any doubt the most gullible person currently alive.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 11:09:43 AM PDT
Chris P. says:
Sybil V. Anderson, Obviously you have not read any of the Caro books or any of the books recommended by Robert Morrow in this forum. However, you can save alot of your time and money by going to your nearest department store and purchasing the board game "CLUE." Obviously, you don't have one!

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 11:59:47 AM PDT
Chris P. - FTW!

Sybil was the 1976 film about a woman with multiple personalities... very similar to folks who make up numerous sock puppets on the internets so they can lie, say nasty, outrageous things without accountability.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sybil_(1976_film)

Sybil's personalities
Female Personalities 1.Vanessa: Holds Sybil's musical abilities, plays the piano and helps Sybil pursue a romantic relationship with Richard. She's a young girl, possibly 12 years old (that's what Richard says and Vanessa does not dispute).
2.Vicky: 13 year old who speaks French, a very strong, sophisticated and mature personality who knows about and has insight into all the other personalities, though Sybil does not. (states age when she is looking in the mirror at her doctor's home)
3.Peggy: 9 year old who speaks like a little girl. Holds Sybil's artistic abilities, often appears while crying hysterically due to Sybil's fears. She has many misconceptions; for instance, she does not know that she is in New York City and, instead, thinks she is in the small town that Sybil grew up. Peggy feels the greatest trauma from her mom's abuse, often feeling sad/depressed and unable to find happiness. Her biggest fears include the green kitchen, purple, Christmas, and explosions.
4.Marcia: dresses in funeral attire and constantly has suicidal thoughts and attempts suicide. Supposedly tried to kill Sybil in the Harlem hotel but was stopped from Vicky. She thinks the end of the world is coming, but what she really fears is the end of Sybil.
5.Mary: is Sybil's memory of her grandmother; she speaks, walks and acts like a grandmother, and is anxious to meet Sybil's grandmother.
6.Nancy: who kept waiting for the end of the world and was afraid of Armageddon. She's a product of Sybil's dad's religious fanatacism.
7.Ruthie: is one of Sybil's less developed selves, a baby in fact. When Sybil hears her mom's voice, she is so terrified that she regresses into Ruthie, an alter that parallels Sybil as a helpless, regressive, pre-verbal baby.
8. S.V. Anderson - around 50 years old. regressive, pre-verbal, plays with his excrement, throws up on himself and others, mentally unhinged, hysterical, pathological liar, scent of fried grease.
8.Clara: Around 8-9 years old. No info given.
9.Ellen: Around 13-14 years old. No info given.
10.Margie: Around 10-11 years old. No info given.
11.Sybil Ann: Around 5-6 years old. Very shy.
Male Personalities 1.Mike: built the shelf in the top of Sybil's closet to hide Vickie's paintings, which she does at night. He and Sid want to know if they can still give a baby to a girl like "daddy" did even though they are in Sybil's (a female's) body. He's around 9-10 years old.
2.Sid: wants to be just like his father, loves football. He's around 7-8 years old.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 11:36:42 AM PDT
Well you are half-right at least. I haven't wasted any time reading ANY of the conspiracy, ruymor filled books Robert Morrow suggests. Clearly you have.

Posted on May 13, 2012 11:45:16 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 13, 2012 12:00:21 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 10:09:05 AM PDT
Carl R. Weis says:
"A wack job compared some prints from the sixth floor to the fingerprints to Malcolm Wallace and decided that they were the same. The first problem with what he did was that he started with a conclusion and made the evidence fit what he had already decided."

NO, THE ANALYSIS WAS BLIND/BLIND. IF you are a READER, you can find the evidence presented in Barr McClellan's BLOOD, MONEY and POWER and can also discover that McClellan has a lot of authenticity. But if you don't care to read, keep typing baseless rot...

Posted on May 14, 2012 10:24:16 AM PDT
Carl R. Weis says:
It actually takes a lot of energy to do the research. Though all the books are there, of Mr. Morrow's hundred enumerated, not one in a thousand in this forum will open one page of one of them. I am almost as old as Mr Caro and during Watergate, when Caro was working on Rbt. Moses for THE POWER BROKER, I started to look into the plane crash in which Mrs. E. Howard Hunt perished, Dec 8, 1972. Over some years, that consumed thousands of hours and led many other places.

In January of 1974, I interviewed C.O. Miller, Chief of the Division of Aviation SAFETY of the NTSB (the "independent" board charged with plane crash investigations), after he "retired," and he spoke a very stark truth when I asked the real tough questions about the facts and the contradictions: "If what you are implying is true, then we'd better join 'em, because we are not going to beat them." I still think in my naivete that one like Caro can be the lion who takes on the bads. I am sorry he seems to have lost his nerve.

Posted on May 14, 2012 10:34:07 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 14, 2012 10:35:24 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 8:36:43 PM PDT
TeleBob says:
Sorry Nick... you weren't around, and you haven't done the work. So shut up.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 8:39:12 PM PDT
TeleBob says:
So good to see people who 'believe' without any access to facts. Reminds me of most religions I know.

Posted on Jul 13, 2012 9:16:26 PM PDT
Sybil V. Anderson: "Well you are half-right at least. I haven't wasted any time reading ANY of the conspiracy, ruymor filled books Robert Morrow suggests."

Well, we know you don't READ any of the books on the JFK assassination that I recommend. The only question is: why do you REVIEW them anyhow??

For example, your review of "Texas in the Morning" by Madeleine Brown, Lyndon Johnson's mistress:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3JWNKKURCETNM/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=0941401065&nodeID=&tag=&linkCode=
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  29
Initial post:  Nov 21, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Passage of Power: The Years of Lyndon Johnson
The Passage of Power: The Years of Lyndon Johnson by Robert A. Caro (Hardcover - May 1, 2012)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (608)