From the Back Cover
Navigate the formalities of parliamentary procedure with ease
Need to read up on Robert's Rules? Relax! This clear, easy-to-use guide makes parliamentary procedure simple to understand and apply. From assembling a quorum and establishing an agenda to making motions and setting up committees, you'll see how to manage or participate effectively in a meeting and get things done!
- It's parliamentary, my dear get the lowdown on what parliamentary procedure is all about (and how to use it to have better meetings)
- Go through the motions discover all of the different parliamentary motions that help you turn an idea into an action plan for your group
- The more you know find out how to select leaders, serve in an elective or appointive office, remove a problem officer, and start a new organization from scratch
- To debate or not to debate get a grip on the debate process, from assigning the floor in different types of assemblies to ballot votes and everything in between
Open the book and find:
- A brief history of Robert's Rules
- Tips for taking care of business without wasting time
- Your voting rights and responsibilities
- The motion to adjourn and the motion to recess
- Nomination procedures, elections, and appointments
- Rules of recording votes and corrections to minutes
- Ways to discipline and remove officers or members
- Why Robert's Rules "rule"
- Apply the rules of parliamentary procedure in a practical way
- Hold effective meetings that aren't dominated by the loudest or pushiest member
- Stay on track, take minutes, vote, and more
About the Author
C. Alan Jennings holds a Professional Registered Parliamentarian (PRP) credential from the National Association of Parliamentarians. He is a past president of the Louisiana Association of Parliamentarians, and is a member of the American Institute of Parliamentarians.