Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Beyonce Headphones for Everyone Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on December 6, 2004
the negative reviews for this score. It's one of the best I've ever heard, and the main theme sends chills up and down my spine. Many people must agree or else ESPN wouldn't repeatedly use the song for dramatic effect. Maybe the songs are "derivative" but I really don't care, it's great music to my ears and to the ears of many others.
on January 14, 2000
I have used my tape of the soundtrack until I wore it out! It is perfect background music to help establish a "medieval" world for a writer. Additionally, "Everything I do, I do for you" is a hauntingly beautiful love song. If you write historicals, especially medieval England or anytime in Scottish Highlands you NEED this CD.
on July 23, 2000
When this movie came out, I was blown away by the soundtrack. I absolutely loved the emotion that poured through Michael Kamen's work.
I bought the soundtrack and haven't been disappointed since. Each piece has a decidedly Rennaisance feel to it, from the rescue during the Crusades to the horse-chase between Robin Hood and the Sheriff's cousin.
Even Bryan Adams' "Everything I Do (I do it for you)" has a catchy sound. It's nice to know that some music producers will leave the long version of the song intact on the soundtrack instead of cutting it. And, to my surprise, I was intrigued by "Wild Times," the last song on the CD. It has a lilting, haunting sound, and easily fits in with the rest of the music.
The music in this CD is catchy and creates an atmosphere akin to Robin Hood's day. If you close your eyes, you might just imagine yourself right there.
on January 7, 2000
Michael Kamen proves his abilities again in this soundtrack. While track 1 certainly sweeps you off your feet with charismatic and charging tunes from the brass sections of the symphony he shows his versatility with haunting flute and string meledies that incorporate the tune from Bryan Adam's Everything I Do(I Do It For You). Other tunes include more period appropriate meledies. However, my favorite is track 8 which is the most complex and emotion packed.
on January 7, 2014
I love this soundtrack! I heard this on 8-tracks and had to buy it. I love Disney music, and I enjoy collecting it. The first track on this CD is the theme that Disney uses for their movie commercials sometimes. They might of used it somewhere else, too. ANYWAY, Michael Kamen did a fantastic job on this score. I recommend that you but the CD version so that you can get the booklet too, because it's kind of neat. Some of this music is strange, but some of it is really good. It definitely sounds good for the time period of the film because of the metallic sounding string instrument like the harpsichord I think, and the bells. Exceptional job.
on May 8, 2014
This movie has a great music score. I think you'd like it even if you didn't know the movie--I actually heard some of the music before I saw the movie years ago and loved it. I watched the movie, actually, to understand the music. Both are excellent.
on September 9, 2012
I am a huge fan of the Robin Hood legend and I believe this retelling of the legend is one of the best films to date. Yet I wonder how successful the movie would have been without this amazing music. Michael Kamen knows how to perfectly capture the heroism of the Robin Hood legend. The themes are memorable, and the way he is able to tie in the music to the theme song, "Everything I Do", is very satisfying. In an era of non-thematic and blasé movie scores, Kamen shows what is possible using a large orchestra and beautiful themes while encapsulating the drama on screen.
on October 31, 1999
I love the movie which might have an effect on my love for the soundtrack. Track 1 is by far my favorite. It whips the listener away to another time and place. It charges confidence as well. I listen to it before giving speeches and always feel stronger. It's amazing what this cd can do besides please the ears.
on March 20, 2015
A strong, bombastic soundtrack that fit the source material, although I find it troubling that I hear certain segments of the music and I'm instantly reminded of the Disney logo music from VHS tapes in the 90's that reincorporated some of the same material (frustrating how that can ruin the experience). This score seemed more horn-heavy than Kamen's work on a film like Highlander that was so rich with the strings that I was hoping for more of that. Regardless, this is some very good material
on June 21, 1998
This soundtrack is a truly classic soundtrack. The way the two themes are redone in different ways in the different tracks is masterful. The first track especially shows the intensity and beauty that is evident in the whole CD. The only drawback to this CD is several mistakes made by the trumpets and french horns, most notably in track 8. These, however, are few and far between. It is certainly one of my favorites.