5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome vacuum pump!
Published on March 23, 2008 by wrench_turner

2.0 out of 5 stars Throw away pump - try finding replacement vanes for Robinair
Published on August 8, 2010 by Terry Graham

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Throw away pump - try finding replacement vanes for Robinair, August 8, 2010
This review is from: Robinair (15600) CoolTech Vacuum Pump - 2-Stage, 6 CFM (Automotive)
Works good for a while until the rotary vanes wear out which doesn't take long if you use it every day in the HVAC residential field. The real bummer is that you can't buy the parts to repair it which really bites because it is so easy to replace the vanes inside the pump if you could just buy them. Sure you can buy the whole pump cartridge for nearly as much as the whole pump but why would you want to do that. You can find other parts such as the handle and stuff like that but not the vanes which are the main thing that wears out. We are only buying Yellow Jacket now and the only reason is the fact that Yellow Jacket does sell the vanes. So for $40.00 we can easily repair the pump and have it working like new instead of starting over and buying new. If it wasn't for the parts issue we would give it 5 stars because it works as good as any other pump we have seen. If you don't believe us about the vane issue then search online for Robinair vanes and call around to see if you can find them. The yellow jacket vanes can be ordered from any place that sells the pumps. If you want a throw away pump this is for you. If you want a pump that you easily repair then get the Yellow Jacket.

1.0 out of 5 stars Maybe mine was just a lemon., June 9, 2010
I have one of these "punks" (cross between pump and junk with emphasis on junk). The second time I used it it started making lots of noise. I estimate I have used it about six hours now and have taken it apart to see what was wrong with it. It has a broken second stage vane and I can't find any place to get one. Robinair does not seem to offer any parts for what they refer to as the "module", which is the pumping section. They will sell you a new module for 250 some dollars.
Or you can ship the entire thing to one of their few service centers and let them repair it. Haven't checked the cost of that, but am betting their fees plus two way shipping would not be less than $250. All for a part that should cost no more than $2.00 and I am perfectly capable of replacing myself. As I say in the title, maybe mine was just a lemon, but I will never buy another Robinair tool of any kind!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome vacuum pump!, March 23, 2008
wrench_turner (Concord, NC United States) - See all my reviews
I have used this pump twice so far, and it works very well. Pulls the system down very quickly due to the large displacement, so it doesn't have to work hard to get the job done. I am using it for automotive ac and that required a different fitting than the one that came on it, also found that on Amazon. The pump comes with a bottle of oil, I did not know this and ordered a bottle of oil, still not a bad idea as you should change the oil often for best performance.

This pump is still serving me well and running strong!

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of warranty coverage!, September 22, 2008
I bought 15600 pump here on Amazon. I haven't even used it yet and it leaked oil all over the floor. It appears the shaft seal is defective. BE VERY AWARE! Robinair WILL NOT cover the one year warranty if you bought it on Amazon. If you already bought one here, cross you fingers. I will never buy something like this again on Amazon. Sorry...

5.0 out of 5 stars Robinair pump is excellent, April 9, 2009
I purchased the pump for a vacuum bag operation. It is working well with no problems even though the frame in the vacuum press system has leaks! The pump arrived ready for use and started immediately once the oil (included) was added ... no mess, no fuss.

I tapped the handle exhaust to accept a 1/2" NPT fitting so that I can direct the oil mist (caused by leaking vacuum frame) to an outside area (used a 1/2" air hose) until the frame is fixed. Works excellent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Vacuum Pump For Moldmaking and Casting - Highly Recommended, October 13, 2009
We use the Robinair 15600 to apply a vacuum to our 1' sq vacuum chamber used for silicone moldmaking and resin casting business. This is a solid pump and has held up well with daily use.

The 6 CFM capacity was the real selling point, as time is important due to the short work cycle of the materials we use. This pump gets us down to 28.5" in a hurry!

Highly recommended!

CFH

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent vacuum pump, August 29, 2008
If you've got more than one car that needs AC service, you need this pump. With some knowledge in automotive AC and a good guage/hose set you'll be able to evacuate, confirm vacuum and recharge the AC system. Amazon's price for this pump is a really good deal and it performs quite well. I was able to maintain a vacuum of 3 bars for hours. Save youself a load of cash by doing the labor and ride in comfort.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pump for the money, September 25, 2011
I've had this same vacuumn pump since about 2004 and it has served me well in my auto ac repair business. It pulls down quickly. I paid about $330 for it back in 2004.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Vacuum Pump For Moldmaking and Casting, September 25, 2008

Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best vacuum pump on market, December 25, 2013
I have been using Robinair for as long as I have been in the a/c business over 34 years, they are rebuildable and super reliable.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›