4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it claims
Published on July 12, 2005 by RWB

1.0 out of 5 stars "ZERO"
Published on May 14, 2010 by K. C. Liput

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it claims, July 12, 2005
RWB (Florida, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: RoboMaid Floor Sweeper (Kitchen)
I bought the RoboMaid because the tile floors would get dusty easily, and sweeping or vacuuming was an almost daily activity. Firstly, the unit does feel quite cheap, but nothing breaks easily. It does everything it says, no more, no less. It picked up just about the same amount of dust from the floor as a regular vacuum cleaner. Remember, the device is for dust only or other relatively small particles. The pad may need changing for fairly big or very dusty rooms and especially if it's more than one room. Unfortunately the pads aren't very cheap either, which probably is my biggest gripe, considering how often you will have to replace them. It doesn't detect edges which lead to drops so if you want to stop it from going down the stairs or a similar area you will have to block the edges. The unit is also noiser than I expected, but obviously not nearly as noisy as a regular vacuum cleaner. Another relatively small problem is the battery. A 3-5 hour charage only runs the device for about 2 hours. Also, when picking up the device when it is finished a little excess dust can fall off, enough that could require cleaning separately. I haven't had any problems with it being stuck and it does clean pretty much the entire room, even if it does take awhile. If your floors tend to get dusty regularly, this is definitely a device that can save alot of time and effort. Just be mindful of the expensive cleaning pads.

4.0 out of 5 stars if you have wood floors it's a must., November 8, 2004
This review is from: RoboMaid Floor Sweeper (Kitchen)
I bought it skeptically. It is really a time saver. Only problem it does not do corners and is made of light weight plastic. It picked up dust and dog hair, even if it gets caught on something it rolls it's way free. The replacement pads can only be circles,so swifter sheets won't work, if you throw out the order form for replacements you are out of luck.

1.0 out of 5 stars "ZERO", May 14, 2010
This review is from: RoboMaid Floor Sweeper (Kitchen)
I just went back and read the reviews from other customers, hence I do understand why I did purchase 2 of the Robomaids via the Amazon reports. My experience has been very different than those listed and I'm amazed with the satisfaction reports by other customers. First the actual round form that slips around the ball is similar to a flimsy disposable plastic cup, one of which arrived cracked. The ball in the Robomaid in one of my devices does cover a lot of territory. The second purchase only covers about a 6 foot radius and requires me to manually move it. The floors need to be swept before use since it does not pick up anything but dust leaving larger particles behind, including tracked in dirt and burrs from outside on my wood floors. And completely ineffective on my tiled floors. After I finished running the Robomaid the cloth on the bottom of the Robomaid (needs to be replaced after each use), was mildly dirty. After I ran both devices I took my swifter duster across the floor with brief easy movements on the floor and it picked up more dirt than either Robomaid in only a 4 foot radius. The product plus shipping cost me roughly around $35 dollars each, added up to $70 plus the cost of replacement pads= close to $90.

I also purchased the iRobot 110 Dirt Dog at the same time. This little device is for workshops, but it was significantly cheaper than the household items by the same company. This little contraption can VACUUM! It does not have some of the features as the household products, but it vacuumed my hard surfaces including tile and wood flooring. It also transitioned from one flooring type to the other- including persian carpets, easily. I had to empty out the dust bin many times the first few times I used it- now that I have used it many times it is unnecessary to empty the device until the end of each session. The draw back is it does not automatically unwind around string (or the fringe on carpets) that the home devices have. I am currently in the process trying to decide on the iRobot to purchase next since I need three to clean my down stairs (I will stick to the old fashion vacuum cleaner for my carpet upstairs).

All in all- I would give the Robomaid a "ZERO" if possible. The only positive comment I could possibly make is my cat has been entertained. I would save the money and invest with a longer lasting, higher quality cleaner device like the Dustdog at a $129 and a one year warranty. I am returning the Robomaid at a 20% restocking fee (which will go straight to their trash bin I'm sure) and the cost for shipping back. GOOD LUCK helping yourself keep a cleaner home!

5.0 out of 5 stars Shipping & Handling, August 20, 2005
This review is from: RoboMaid Floor Sweeper (Kitchen)
I own this product and love it. For me, it doubles as a great hands-free way to pick up that extra dust & particle residue that's always left after you do a thorough sweep and as a sort of "pet". It really does make me feel as though I have some sort of pet running around the apartment. Only thing is, I bought it elsewhere though I usually buy from Amazon, this product's shipping cost is nearly twice the price of the product! It's the first time I've noticed this sort of Ebay price-scam, sort of bait-n-switch tactics where the true price comes out in the shipping. I've been trying to find a way to alert Amazon to this shameful practice but haven't found a way to contact them directly yet.

4.0 out of 5 stars too bad it doesn't mop!, May 15, 2006
This review is from: RoboMaid Floor Sweeper (Kitchen)
When my friend bought this little guy for me as a gift, I had to laugh, and was certainly skeptical. I have a large area of wood flooring, and two dogs, so dust and dog hair are a constant battle. The robomaid saves me from doing the floors daily, though doesn't replace a regular mop job or thorough cleaning. Considering that I don't mop or thoroughly clean nearly often enough, this guy has definitely made for a cleaner house. It has far exceeded my expectations, particularly for the price. Additionally, we've found a source for the replacement pads on ebay priced relatively reasonably, and also have found them on robomaid.com.

5.0 out of 5 stars It actually works..., January 13, 2006
E. Tuck (Suwanee, GA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: RoboMaid Floor Sweeper (Kitchen)
Much to my surprise this thing actually does a pretty good job on hardwood and vinyl flooring. I've even been able to throw the static pads in the washer and dryer and get two, sometimes three, additional uses out of them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful!, March 10, 2005
This review is from: RoboMaid Floor Sweeper (Kitchen)
Great for wood floors if your main purpose is dust. It's true that Robo Maid can't handle more than mere dust, but I didn't realize how much dust accumulates in less than a week. If you like "spotless" Robo Maid is Very useful.

3.0 out of 5 stars Robo Maid, February 10, 2007
This review is from: RoboMaid Floor Sweeper (Kitchen)
At first, the Robo Maid is just fantastic. However, after several charges, the Robo Maid only goes a couple of inches and stops. I have tried to get in touch with the company to no avail. So, if you buy this item, you buy it at your own risk, even though it is only $10.00. I can not believe they are selling this item on other websites for more than $19.99!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product but pads are expensive!, June 3, 2006
Diane Davani (Beautiful Sunny Southern CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: RoboMaid Floor Sweeper (Kitchen)
I bought this at BIG LOTS for only $4.88! Yes, it's true. I was so upset/disappointed that the "free replacement pads" phone number and website are down... not cool. I'm a skeptic and this WORKS! I'd have given it "5 stars" if they'd had a better customer service system at robomaid.com/phone number. But as far as the product goes, if you're thinking about getting, it's worth much more. Don't hesistate. You won't regret it~!

3.0 out of 5 stars GREAT~!!!! But......., January 18, 2006
This review is from: RoboMaid Floor Sweeper (Kitchen)
I just got this item, and tried it out. WOW.....Works GREAT~! LOL~!!!! It is cheap plastic made in China gadget, but indeed cute little robot that does a work. Only down side is.....WHERE can I get a Refill Pads?? 48 Free Redemption??? The web site, phone number does not seems to exist. Whats up with that?? So, it only gets 3 stars. NOT FOR CARPET FLOOR, HARD FLOOR ONLY.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›