From the Back Cover
THE BEST AND BIGGEST ROBOTICS BOOK ON THE BLOCK—NOW BETTER THAN EVER—SUPERCHARGED WITH TWO TOP ROBOTICS AUTHORS!
Thousands of robot hobbyists -- and robots -- grew up on the first two editions on this book. Now Gordon McComb has partnered with fellow robotics enthusiast Myke Predko -- and together they've made this classic guide to building your very own robot more awesome than ever. Inside Robot Builder's Bonanza you'll find detailed plans for constructing robots that walk, see, feel, talk, listen, think -- and more!
Best of all, this book will make you want to build a robot -- and show you how you can! Packed with enthusiasm, fascinating science tidbits, field-tested projects, and modular organization to make it easy to invent and build your own designs, this best-seller puts it all together for anyone with the slightest curiosity about this fascinating hobby. Projects vary in complexity so everyone from novices to advanced hobbyists will find something to inspire and advance robot plans.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO BUILD A ROBOT!
Follow a plan or create your own design
- Robot Basics
- Parts and Tools
- Practical Robotics Projects
- Money-Saving Hacks
- Construction Techniques: Plastic, Wood, & Metal
- Computer and Electronic Control
- Power, Motors, and Locomotion
- Sensors and Navigation
- Robot Programming
- Tips, Tricks, and Tidbits
- Avoiding Common Mistakes
- List of Sources for Parts and Ideas
FULLY ILLUSTRATED PLANS FOR 99 AMAZING ROBOTS
NEW to the Third Edition:
- 30 Completely New Projects!
- Hundreds of Helpful New Illustrations
- Customizability Added to Every Project
- More Materials and Tools You Can Use to Build Your Robots
- State-of-the-Art Advances
- More Help with Microcontrollers for the Beginner
- Developments in Remote Control
- Advanced Locomotion
- Information to Turn Toys into Automatons
- High-Tech Sensors
- Suggestions for Robotics Competitions and Competing
- 75% Fewer Bad Jokes
About the Author
is an avid electronics hobbyist who has written for TAB Books for a number of years. He wrote the best-selling Troubleshooting and Repairing VCRs
(now in its third edition), Gordon McComb's Gadgeteer's Goldmine,
and Lasers, Ray Guns, and Light Cannons.
Myke Predko has 20 years experience in the design, manufacturing, and testing of electronic circuits. An experienced author, Myke wrote McGraw-Hill's best-selling 123 Robotics Projects for the Evil Genius; 123 PIC Microcontroller Experiments for the Evil Genius, PIC Microcontroller Pocket Reference; Programming and Customizing PIC Microcontrollers, Second Edition; Programming Robot Controllers; and other books, and is the principal designer of both TAB Electronics Build Your Own Robot Kits.