Published on November 2, 2011 by Tim B.

3.0 out of 5 stars it was awsome
I love robot chicken. It was a huge reason why id pay for cable for a while till the dvds started coming out and with subtitles they were WAYYY better!!! my biggest complaint on season 5 is NO subtitles.... that sux...
Published on November 8, 2011 by Wesley WIlson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars It's still Robot Chicken, but it's having a bit of a mean streak, November 2, 2011
This review is from: Robot Chicken: Season 5 (DVD)
I am a huge fan of Robot Chicken, and I still love the show. Season 5 is stil the Robot Chicken we know and love, although as far as this show goes I'd say this season is weaker than past seasons. The humor in this season is WAY more morbid than in past seasons, an not really as clever as the show has been in years past. Ether sketch this season seems to end with the characters being viscerally disemboweled, and even by this show's standards the humor in these episodes is a lot more vulgar. For some fans this is going to be hilarious, but for my personal tastes I thought Robot Chicken was at it best when it wasn't relying as heavily on base humor for laughs. In some ways, I almost miss the censor bleeps and pixelated nudity from older episodes, because frankly there's so much swearing and nudity in season 5 that it becomes distracting (which might be in the show's favor, since the actual writing in Season 5 isn't as good as earlier seasons).

Don't get me wrong-- season 5 is still a lot of laughs and makes some great pop culture jokes, and if you are a fan of the show it's still a must buy. However, I hope that going forward Robot Chicken doesn't continue in this direction, because eventually it can only end up with the show relying solely on obscenity to be funny, and that is not what made this show great. I guess every show that lasts this long is going to have growing pains, but I really hope that for Robot Chicken we're still a few years away from a true "jump the shark" moment (as if anything with this show would be absurd enough to make me tune out).

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, September 15, 2013
This review is from: Robot Chicken: Season 5 (DVD)
Another funny and offbeat series that has crude and dark humor.
Hilarious, I've bought all the seasons so far, and I'll buy the rest too.

5.0 out of 5 stars An unceasing source of amusement and spoof of pop culture. Seth Green is the man!!, November 19, 2013
This review is from: Robot Chicken: Season 5 (DVD)
Robot Chicken and Seth Green are becoming my favorite pop culture things to watch. I love to see which REAL celebreties have lent their voices to the newest skits. This season starts off with a "Saving Private Ryan" type scene.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's robot Chicken, August 10, 2013
This review is from: Robot Chicken: Season 5 (DVD)
Robot Chicken is a fun show to watch if you want something to laugh at. I always been a fan of stop motion animation. This is mainly what lured me to watch this show. Some of the skits are crude or right out dumb. I had all the other DVDs and this was on sell for 10 dollars at the time so I couldn't pass it up.

5.0 out of 5 stars My show, May 7, 2013
This review is from: Robot Chicken: Season 5 (DVD)
This right here is my fav show from cable, I already have all other seasons and I'm telling you if you like pop culture you'll laugh your ass off

4.0 out of 5 stars Robot Chicken Season 5, April 30, 2013
This review is from: Robot Chicken: Season 5 (DVD)
In my opinion this season is better than the last one... but not by much. You will find a lot more blood, gore, nudity and cursing in this season. There are some sketches wich I find brilliant but overall that is not the case, It's still robot chicken and I have to say that the production has improved greatly. I enjoyed it, hope you do too.

5.0 out of 5 stars robot chicken!!!, April 14, 2013
This review is from: Robot Chicken: Season 5 (DVD)
Robot chicken is awesome and i never have cable so i am glad i could buy these dvds so cheap

5.0 out of 5 stars hilarious!, January 27, 2013
This review is from: Robot Chicken: Season 5 (DVD)
Hilarious and rude humor but very entertaining to watch!!!!!!!! Not recommend for kids under 13. I really like robot chicken it's really fun to watch when your day was terrible and you need a good laugh!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant as always, January 17, 2013
Robot chicken is always good, this is more of the same, if you like the show this season is great too

5.0 out of 5 stars Best one!, January 3, 2013
This review is from: Robot Chicken: Season 5 (DVD)
Best season out there!! My husband got me hooked to this show and we always make jokes of several parts of this series! Very hilarious and we cannot just watch this show past 15 minutes without laughing out loud! Truly hope there's season 6 coming up soon!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Robot Chicken: Season 5
Robot Chicken: Season 5 by Various (DVD - 2011)
$29.98 $19.49