5.0 out of 5 stars A great sendoff to the Robotech series
It is hard to rate this series as I have loved it since I was a kid, so it has a special place in my heart. The animation is decent for the time. Unfortunately there is no attempt to remaster at this price level. It is barebones, however, they do replace the opening credits with the original series credits, but shorten it to fit with the standard Robotech theme...
Published on November 5, 2012 by C. Cobb

1.0 out of 5 stars Sound effect remastering ruined it big time!!!!!
Whoever was responsible for overlaying new sound effects over the classic series should be fired. It is basically unwatchable with the new sound effects. Literally the first episode with the invid invasion they used fire work sounds for ships exploding!!!!! It was awful!!! I want my 10 bucks back...
Published 8 months ago by Jason

5.0 out of 5 stars A great sendoff to the Robotech series, November 5, 2012
This review is from: Robotech: New Generation - Third Robotech War (DVD)

As far as story goes, if you're reading this you've already seen this show. Each of the characters in the series are fleshed out nicely, even Mint, who is just worthless for the most part. Normally I do not latch on to the principal character as they tend to be the standard "goody goody" but not Scott Bernard. He has all the ear marks of a good leader, but he is too caught up in his deontology point of view to consider the other characters all too much. It's obvious he cares for them in his own way, but it struck me that he had a little too much of a machevellian viewpoint. That's my assessment 21 years later. When I first watched this show I was just happy Scott wasn't a pansy like Rick Hunter. I appreciated his sense of duty and his drive to fight for what he thought was right.

The other characters are archetypical, just as Scott is, and the next in line as far as fleshed out was Lancer. However, the creators of Robotech made absolutely no attempt to mask his voice when he was dressed as Yellow. Even his singing voice sounds like a gravely dude singing it. Mospeada (the Japanese show this part of Robotech was based on--just in case you're a Lunk) just flat-out uses a woman's voice with mixed success.

Everyone else is forgettable.

I do wish they would have ended the series better, but considering the source, it ended as well as it was going to. Though, I wonder if Orguss might not have been a better show to end the Robotech saga with. We'll never know.

This is a good kid friendly show (with the exception of one episode), though I wouldn't let a kid below 10 watch it. The themes in the show are a little more adult than would be expected. It is based on a Japanese show after all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Robotech: New Generation - from the 1980s, it's still an amazing adventure, January 14, 2014
This review is from: Robotech: New Generation - Third Robotech War (DVD)
Robotech: New Generation is the third part of the Robotech story. It's incredible that some of the topics, issues, and images in "New Generation" made it past the censors and onto mid-afternoon TV for kids, but thank god it did because this series ranks as one of the best cartoon adventures of all time! The DVD I received through Amazon was in perfect condition and the video and audio quality is excellent.
Adam Platts

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Series, August 15, 2013
This review is from: Robotech: New Generation - Third Robotech War (DVD)
Excellent series, good presentation of the box and the sound quality. The buy to have the entire collection of this series he saw as a kid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Robotech Third Saga, June 26, 2013
This review is from: Robotech: New Generation - Third Robotech War (DVD)
I bought this item to have the complete collection after buying the first two. I have not yet watch it but am excited.

5.0 out of 5 stars Childhood remembered., June 22, 2013
This review is from: Robotech: New Generation - Third Robotech War (DVD)
I read the books when I was little. I never got the chance to watch these episodes, so I had to get this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sound effect remastering ruined it big time!!!!!, April 17, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Good service., March 13, 2014
This review is from: Robotech: New Generation - Third Robotech War (DVD)
Very good shows. Liked the graphic and the music.
Also the Movie Space Battleship Yamato a very good movie
came on time and I will be ordering more stuf from you guys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cartoon! Highly recommend this series! Thanks again! A + + + + + + + + + + +!, March 8, 2014
This review is from: Robotech: New Generation - Third Robotech War (DVD)
Great cartoon! Highly recommend this series! Thanks again! The Robotech series is a great series as a whole, and the New Generation Saga pushes the envelope. Unlike the Masters Saga, the New Generation starts fast and hits hard! A + + + + + + + + + + +!

5.0 out of 5 stars twice as good the second time., December 2, 2013
This review is from: Robotech: New Generation - Third Robotech War (DVD)
This one I only saw once and it was good to enjoy it again.Old times are back again!Thank you very much

4.0 out of 5 stars Come back Admiral Hunter, December 1, 2013
This review is from: Robotech: New Generation - Third Robotech War (DVD)
It was a good ending, however, I wish they would have have taken another 2-3 episodes to really tie it up fully. It seemed to be kind of rushed and truncated. I wished that Scott wouldn't have left Marlene but I quess he was just one of those guys that always has to be serving something greater than himself, otherwise he finds no meaning in his own life. In this case I think it was just because he was scared of facing his feelings for Marlene. A good series, as I stated before: The first robotech war series was the classic, the second robotech war series was just a time/space filler (pardon the pun) and the third robotech war series was a good ending to it.

Robotech: New Generation - Third Robotech War
Robotech: New Generation - Third Robotech War by Robert V. Barron (DVD - 2011)
$29.98 $14.96