Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Platform: Nintendo Wii|Edition: Game only|Change
Price:$2.71+ $3.99 shipping

on May 31, 2010
First off: I'm a RB2 junkie...so...I'm pretty critical of instruments, notes, and graphics. It matters...it really does.

Just a tip, if you've played RB2 and you go back to RB...you WILL be disappointed.

The Wii RB was rushed to the market. The graphics are not top knotch, the notes are weird, and you can't make your own character...and if you have a instrument controller other than harmonix be prepared to be unable to play.

The software for the early GH and RB will not accept other instruments other than the ones they are sold with. Even though GH and RB come from the same software company...there was something funky going on when they decided not to share instruments...turf war or something.

RB2 works GREAT with my GH3 Gibson Les Paul (better than with my Fender)...but the Fender Stratocaster is the only instrument accepted in RB play. (Same as the drums and mic.)

I don't know what happened with the character customization on RB Wii...xbox 360 RB allows customization...so it's whacked.

So, if you have RB2 Wii and you believe that RB Wii would be a good investment...you may want to rethink. I've logged 2 hours (tops) on RB whereas I have logged months of play on RB2...and I would log that much time on RB if it was actually a good game.

It simply isn't as advanced as RB2 because they rushed it to market...so it's not as fun...it's ok for logging practice time...but even that's a stretch due to the freaky note stuff going on. Overall, my reaction on playing it the first time was, "Meh..."
on July 1, 2008
I made the mistake of buying just the game and drums since I have 2 GH3 guitars and 2 mics (from Boogie and Idol). You need to have everything Rock Band specific to get it to work correctly. Don't make the same mistake that I did! The game is fun to play, but you'll end up spending a lot more money!
on December 31, 2009
This game is really good- the songs are great. I would totally recommend it. However, whenever something is a hit and there is a "sequal" made, the newest version of the video game is always better- with more graphics, more choices, and easier to use. Now don't get me wrong, this origional is awesome- its just that Rock Band 2 is more for the beginners- I found origional Rock Band more challenging. Besides, what I did not like about it was that you cannot play by yourself to try to play more songs to get more gigs in new cities (if your other "bandmates" are not around).

But, in the end, I would still recommend this game.
When it comes down to the Nintendo Wii, it has been sad that the past year, the Nintendo mega-system was kept on the sidelines from major music games like Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Although we did see the Guitar Hero III make its way onto the way, many gamers did complain that the songs only stood out in a mono sound, and not easy to comprehend in stereo sound. That shocked a lot of people, but the gameplay still remianed addictive. Now, Rock Band has made its way onto the Nintendo Wii, after being sidelined from the music scene. While Rock Band shined on the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360, the big question is does it really show that it is worth jamming for the Wii, or is this as broken as Axl Rose reforming Guns N' Roses?

Rock Band for the Nintendo Wii, brings in most of the wild action we've seen shine from the PS3 and 360 editions, with the gameplay and songs. While the graphics look great, and bring in the wild appeal we've seen from Guitar Hero III and Rock Band before, not much has really changed to seperate itself to make the Wii really stand out. You stil get the classic songs that were released before like the Rock anthems Bon Jovi's Wanted Dead Or Alive, Metallica's classic Enter Sandman, and the underground hit from R.E.M., Orange Crush. Unfortunately, what makes this edition fall apart for the Wii is the lack of multiplayer action. You can't compete against others players online, as shown in the 360 and PS3 editions, and also you cannot download songs to jam to as extra content. Instead, those downloadable songs that we've played for the 360 and PS3 will be made into seperate Jam Packs discs that will be released starting in July at your local video game store for arouund $29.99 each.

All in all, Rock Band really misses out on so much action and excitement, it really feels like you've bought a mainly broken amplifier for you electric guitar. While the gameplay is more like something you're going to want to rent for the Wii instead, it just misses the mark by so much in the way Wii really want to rock out loud. If there is a sequel, hopefully the people at Harmonix who've made this for the Wii could tweak it up by a longshot so Wii gamers can make it into the big leagues.

Graphics: B

Sound: B

Track List: C+

Control: B

Fun & Enjoyement: C 1/2- for solo players; C 1/2+ for multiplayer action

Overall: C+
on March 19, 2015
I was almost certain that I read in the description that any of the guitar controllers would work with this game. When we could not get them to work we googled it and you can only use Rock Band guitar controllers. Angry, stuck with a game I cannot play, this needs to be made clear in the description that you have to have a certain controller. I mean, a guitar controller is a guitar controller, right? Should work! There are only 2 USB ports in the back anyway, so does that mean that I can only use one wired guitar at a time, since the mic controller has to be hooked up too? Feeling angry, cheated, disappointed. Was really excited, but now I have essentially just paid $7 for a coaster.
on April 20, 2014
Nowhere in the description of Rock Band did it mention that it was not compatible with some Guitar Hero devices. Instead, the advertising implies that it will work with WII Guitar Hero. After it was delivered to my house, I opened it with enthusiasm. After about an hour of trying, I finally went to the web and found out that it was not compatible at all! I will need to buy another guitar that is not wireless in order for it to work with my WII. I feel cheated!
on March 9, 2014
My husband and I have been playing with our Wii for several years so when this game got some scratches on it, we most definitely wanted to get it replaced since it is one of our very favorite games to play.
on March 31, 2013
I am a Rock Band3 enthusiast. I play a keyboard and so am not really interested in playing Rock Band 1. I am more interested in importing the music than playing the game. gameplay on RB1 is crude at best. Having to jump through a bunch of setlists to unlock all the music seems stupid to me at best.
on February 1, 2012
Make sure you check out this chart before buying any of these kinds of games: [...]. We made the mistake of assuming these games would work with our Band Hero guitars, and sadly only a few of them do.
on February 14, 2016
When I put the game in my Wii, it doesn't want the play it, and I have seach on the internet, and some people said I have to use a clean kit on the disc, but I don't think that is the issue, because it is a new game! Very bad buy, I don't want to buy from Amazon again..