5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful controller and feels great in my hands
Published 10 months ago by Dev

Pros:
- Light indicators on the top of the controller (the "1, 2, 3, 4" lights) DO work, unlike some other 3rd party controllers like the TTX Tech Universal Controller.
Published 2 months ago by Julia H. Elps

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful controller and feels great in my hands, August 17, 2013
Dev (Maryland) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Rock Candy PS3 Controller - Purple (Accessory)
I was a bit hesitant to order this after watching video reviews on YouTube. However, I took a chance anyway and I am SO happy that I did. I'm a big fan of RPG's like Skyrim and I had no issues with this controller. I will say that the joysticks are relatively touchy, but that wasn't really a problem for me. I'm thrilled with how pretty the controller is and would totally buy it again! I'm in love with my pretty purple controller :)

3.0 out of 5 stars OK alternative to the official sixaxis, but signs of wear after 1 month of use., April 15, 2014
Pros:
- L2 and R2 buttons have a little hook at the bottom that contour to your fingers to keep them from slipping of while pressing or holding them down. While I might like it, it may come across as a con to those who dislike the deviation from the official sixaxis design.
- Buttons have good feedback.

Cons:
- After only about 1 month of using it, I think the X button is sticking a little--while watching Netflix, it occasionally pauses playback on its own even when I am not touching it.
- The left analog stick is in a different location than official sixaxis controllers. It and the d-pad have switched places, which makes initial handling a little awkward (at least in my own experience).
- It looks and feels kind of cheap. If I grip it tightly I can feel the plastic creak under my hands.
- Buttons click more loudly than other controllers, which is problematic if you want to game quietly (e.g. playing when your roommates are asleep). It may also be annoying for some people.
- Middle section is a little shorter compared to the sixaxis controller, which may make it seem small. I didn't really find an issue with it, but for people with larger hands this may be a problem.

Other notes:
- Analog sticks are concave (curved in) rather than convex, accommodating the curve of your thumb to keep it from sliding around during use. This is in contrast to other controllers that are usually rounded at the top and textured with a rubbery material to keep your thumbs from slipping off.
- Analog sticks are also slightly shorter than the ones on the sixaxis.

Verdict:
It's an OK alternative to official sixaxis controllers (I got my Rock Candy controller for about $10). It gets the job done and will do for a backup, especially if you don't want to put down too much money for one. However, I have some concerns about durability since I've had a bit of an issue with the X button sticking, especially when I'm watching Netflix--it pauses playback at least a few times within a half hour period.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing product, June 7, 2013
The controller is smaller than other brands, but for some one with small hands like me that is a good thing. Even my husband likes the feel of the controller and how smooth it plays (even first person shooter games). Other than that, this product works perfectly and the long cord is also a plus (it is about 2 feet shorter than our Snake bite controllers cord, but still long)

5.0 out of 5 stars HELPFUL, BUT A MUST BUY, February 10, 2014
THIS CONTROLLER IS STRONG AND WORKS GREAT. IM A PS3 FAN BUT I CAN PLAY THE XBOX 360 PRETTY GOOD , THIS CONTROLLER IS BASICALLY PART XBOX AND PS3 . THIS IS AMAZING I CAN PLAY THIS BETTER THAN ANY REMOTE , PLUS IF YOUR FRIENDS COME OVER AND THEY HAVE DIFFRENT CONSOLES THEY CAN DO A LOT BETTER WITH THIS REMOTE THAN THE OPPOSITE REMOTE YOU OR THEY HAVE. A TOTALLY MUST BUY REMOTE.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the look!, February 17, 2013
While it doesn't have rumble and the cord is slightly shorter than some others; the cord is the same length as most off-brand controllers, the color and look are amazing. i like the white buttons and cord and the analogue sticks have the adjusted arrangements.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, June 24, 2014
This is an extremely good controller but the only downside is that you might have to lower your look sensitivity because of the joystick format

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cheap controller, June 20, 2014
4 Months ago I bought this controller for my son and he has had no problems with it the cord is long and the controller works great. This is the perfect controller for if your other one broke or you want a second controller I would highly recommend purchasing this controller

4.0 out of 5 stars Well Pleased, June 19, 2014
This review is from: Rock Candy PS3 Controller - Purple (Accessory)
The product was delivered fast and in perfect condition. It was exactly identical to another one I have and works the same. It's turned out to work very efficiently. I am well pleased!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, June 6, 2014
I have placed this pad on JRPG duty because not only are the sticks stiff they are very slippery, so I felt that it was better used at a slower pace. So as long as you're not playing any fast paced game, this gamepad is very good alternative to the DS3 for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, June 2, 2014
This review is from: Rock Candy PS3 Controller - Purple (Accessory)
These controllers are just what I needed to replace some the dog chewed up. They are perfect and the colors are great.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Rock Candy PS3 Controller - Purple
Rock Candy PS3 Controller - Purple by PDP (PlayStation 3)
$14.99