Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rock Candy PS3 Controller - Green
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Color: Green|Change

on August 17, 2013
I was a bit hesitant to order this after watching video reviews on YouTube. However, I took a chance anyway and I am SO happy that I did. I'm a big fan of RPG's like Skyrim and I had no issues with this controller. I will say that the joysticks are relatively touchy, but that wasn't really a problem for me. I'm thrilled with how pretty the controller is and would totally buy it again! I'm in love with my pretty purple controller :)
on April 15, 2014
Pros:
- Light indicators on the top of the controller (the "1, 2, 3, 4" lights) DO work, unlike some other 3rd party controllers like the TTX Tech Universal Controller.
- L2 and R2 buttons have a little hook at the bottom that contour to your fingers to keep them from slipping of while pressing or holding them down. While I might like it, it may come across as a con to those who dislike the deviation from the official sixaxis design.
- Buttons have good feedback.

Cons:
- After only about 1 month of using it, I think the X button is sticking a little--while watching Netflix, it occasionally pauses playback on its own even when I am not touching it.
- The left analog stick is in a different location than official sixaxis controllers. It and the d-pad have switched places, which makes initial handling a little awkward (at least in my own experience).
- It looks and feels kind of cheap. If I grip it tightly I can feel the plastic creak under my hands.
- Buttons click more loudly than other controllers, which is problematic if you want to game quietly (e.g. playing when your roommates are asleep). It may also be annoying for some people.
- Middle section is a little shorter compared to the sixaxis controller, which may make it seem small. I didn't really find an issue with it, but for people with larger hands this may be a problem.

Other notes:
- Analog sticks are concave (curved in) rather than convex, accommodating the curve of your thumb to keep it from sliding around during use. This is in contrast to other controllers that are usually rounded at the top and textured with a rubbery material to keep your thumbs from slipping off.
- Analog sticks are also slightly shorter than the ones on the sixaxis.

Verdict:
It's an OK alternative to official sixaxis controllers (I got my Rock Candy controller for about $10). It gets the job done and will do for a backup, especially if you don't want to put down too much money for one. However, I have some concerns about durability since I've had a bit of an issue with the X button sticking, especially when I'm watching Netflix--it pauses playback at least a few times within a half hour period.
review image review image review image review image
on April 6, 2015
Had it for less than a year and it is already falling apart. Had to take it apart to tape the cord back up so it would turn back on. Use it now only for netflix really. I guess you get what you pay for. Worked ok while it did, the thumb sticks were always a little tighter than the sony brand controllers. Good if you just need something cheap short-term, don't expect it to last.
on June 6, 2014
I have placed this pad on JRPG duty because not only are the sticks stiff they are very slippery, so I felt that it was better used at a slower pace. So as long as you're not playing any fast paced game, this gamepad is very good alternative to the DS3 for the price.
on July 30, 2014
Works as expected! I use the DS3 Tool (google it if you don't know what it is) to make it PC compatible. Calibrates fine, feels solid, and I can finally stop using my keyboard for games! Packaging was fine and worked right out the box. I'm a woman with average sized hands- I could see this being too small for big hands.

Edit: Testing it, it does have some plug-and-play compatibility but there's an issue with the analog stick registering appropriately. The DS3 Tool negates this problem and makes the controller play as expected with my PC games.
on March 2, 2015
I dont know if it was the controller itself or what but the controller had to be very close to the sensor to work. other than that its a really good controller for smaller hands. my wife has smaller hands so this was perfect for her. but its really good controller
on April 4, 2015
Works well. It's a little smaller so it fits my son's hands. However, I wish it didn't have to be plugged in all the time. I thought it would be like our other one that, once charged, can be wireless.
on February 2, 2016
Pretty good I guess. The Xbox 360 version is amazing. But it seems the PS3 one is made cheaply. If you use for a long period of time it starts "pressing" buttons at its own will. I can be playing South Park The Stick of Thruth and it would send me to the select menu, or Skyrim and it would send me to the Magic/Map/Skills/Inventory menu. Don't really recommend it
on April 24, 2016
Very cute controller. I use it for light PC gaming and it's working very well. However it does feel a little fragile, as if it were to break in the hands of someone who plays Super Smash Flash anything else that requires button smashing.
on May 10, 2014
We bought these over the genuine Sony controllers because of the price and to tell the kids' controllers apart. They work...fine. :) The only issue is we have is that none of the rock candy controllers actually turn on the machine, so you definitely need to have an oem controller on hand too.