Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rock Candy Xbox 360 Controller - Blue
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Blue|Change
Price:$23.98+ Free shipping

on December 12, 2012
I was playing fifa and I kept losing so I did the smart thing and took my machete to the controller... So I was in the market for a new controller.

I can't use a wireless controller as I have a pc, so I went out shopping for a new wired controller. It seems like they don't sell official wired controllers in stores anymore, so I was forced, with much hesitation, to buy a third party controller. As most of you probably know, third party controllers are generally complete crap. However, I was surprised to find that this one is about 90% as good as the official controller. The joysticks are better than I expected, but still not as precise as official controller. But honestly, if you are playing a competitive game, and you want the best, nothing compares to the official controller in terms of stick precision.

***Edit***
After another losing streak on Fifa, I attempted to destroy this controller as well, and I can attest that it is even tougher than the official one. That plastic looks thin, but trust me, it can take a beating. It kinda took all the pleasure out of my violent rage.
22 comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 16, 2012
This is a great quality bargain controller. The cord is nice and long the colors bright and bold. Buttons handle like a name brand controller. Great purchase , have 2 so far.
on July 27, 2013
I purchased this to use on my Windows 7 PC for when playing games on Steam and it works perfectly. It is definitely plug-and-play, given I literally just plugged it in and the drivers immediately installed with no issues. It's clearly not as sturdy as the official controller, but it does the job and it does it well. The price is certainly right and the color choices are great. My only complaint is that the packaging is quite dangerous...I almost cut myself trying to pry the controller from that scary hard plastic!
on November 3, 2012
I am buying 4 of these to use with my computers . On uber sale at Fred Meyers there around fifteen bucks, witch is a steal for new 360 controllers. The case is thick clear plastic. It looks even better when you take it out of the clear package. (Witch is a feat in of itself) When I first held it I was disappointed that it was so slippery! There was a slick film on the new plastic, however while playing for just a few minutes the thin film wore off and the controller felt normal. I didn't like the plastic control sticks however got used to them quickly. (after the slick film wore off) The controls feel quite responsive and accurate, I played Nitronic Rush and had no problems at all. The cord is bright white and very flexible. Complete with a break away connector to protect your Xbox 360. The action buttons and triggers felt as good as the regular 360 game pads.

I don't think its quite as good as an official USB 360 controller however if your looking for something for your friends or kids to use this game pad is top notch for half the price.

Pros:
Great price $15 - $25 (as apposed to $30 - $40 for the official USB game pads)
Good buttons and triggers
Nice flexible USB connection cable with breakaway
Works easily with XBOX 360 and PCs
Good hardy, well built feel
Cool clear colors (Black & white, really Microsoft/Sony?)

Cons:
Hard to open packaging (Also not really a con)
Slippery film out of the box (Not really a con)
Plastic control sticks instead of rubber (OK considering the price)
on December 11, 2013
This controller works great. I use it on a PC for games and I have never had a single issue with it. The controller has a funny feel to it out of the box, but that texture/coating quickly dissipates. We have xbox brand controllers and Madcat controllers. They have all been well used and are wearing out. This controller works as well and maybe better than those controllers. None of the buttons stick (madcats do). I have ended up buying two more because they work so well.

The colors are great since everyone has their own controller. No more fighting over that one or this one. Kids can quickly tell which one it theirs and better yet, they don't use mine!
on November 30, 2014
Rock Candy makes Xbox 360 knock-offs. If you've used a plain Xbox 360 controller, you've used one of these Rock Candy controllers.

They feel pretty good int he hand, though they're far, far lighter than the official 360 controllers. The see-through plastic is very reminiscent of old-school N64 controllers, which can be off-putting, but they make very good PC controllers-Unlike knockoff PS3/PS4 controllers they are supported on Windows the same as a 360 controller, so they'll work for pretty much any game you throw at it.

Build wise they last about as long as a twenty-dollar controller will. My first one crapped out on me after six months, not because of any busted sticks or buttons, but because the wire near the extender-clip at the end of the controller is damaged. The 'X' symbol on the guide button is also not an actual plastic button, but a stick-on-label that peeled off from constant use. The button underneath isn't sharp or anything though, and works exactly the same, so it's strange they even put the microsoft logo on.

The controller itself is sensitive but not too sensitive, and feels good in the hand. it vibrates pretty strongly. The cord is very long(just skirting the edge of too long if you're using a laptop/PC instead of sitting across the Tv from a couch.
on August 4, 2013
I've had this controller for a year, after my original Xbox one died out. Works great, I like the feel of it better than the authentic Xbox controllers.
on December 28, 2012
My daughter loves the pink controller. Now her brothers can not steal her controller... It seems to be sturdy and has survived a few drops.
on October 18, 2013
If your tired of buying batteries or don't want to dish-out over $50 dollars for a controller, then you should give this one a try.

THE BAD
It has its quirks. It has a glossy, smooth surface, that makes the controller a bit slippery when your hands start sweating. As other reviewers have noted, the joysticks are made of plastic (unlike the rubbery material on the original official 360 controller) and also become somewhat slippery. The placement of the Back button is in a somewhat hard-to-reach area (you have to kinda reach over the left joystick). Finally, both the joysticks and triggers lack initial sensitivity. For example, say you're playing Halo 4 (shooting game) and you barely move one of the joysticks a millimeter or two; nothing will happen, you will not move. Move it a little more and you start to move. Or say you're playing Forza (racing game) and you barely press the right trigger; it doesn't register and your car doesn't move. Press a little more and everything is fine from that point on.

THE GOOD
The controller feels solid; nothing on it feels like cheap plastic. It actually feels more comfortable than the original; especially the bottom horn-like area. This area is more contoured than the original, and fits the palms better. Another thing that makes it more comfortable is that it's lighter (it doesn't have a battery pack in the back) and therefore feels more balanced. Placement of the Start button is easier to reach and in a more logical location (the A, X, and Start buttons are almost aligned perfectly). The price (about $20) is great, but also the many more dollar$ you'll be saving for not having to buy batteries! Looks great (as shown in pictures).

Even with the issues noted in the BAD paragraph above, they are all issues that one can adjust to over time. Highly recommended for those on a budget.

Side Tip/Note: It's possible to swap the plastic joysticks of this controller with the rubber joysticks of the original. So don't throw away your original (if you were thinking about it); some pieces may be exchangeable.
on November 11, 2013
i have no real gripes for this controller as this is a afterglow without leds the only problem with it is the analog sticks are completely plastic they are not rubberized you may need something like Grip it to fix that but other than that nice controller for the 360 and oc.