5.0 out of 5 stars Rock and Roll Lives !
Published 24 months ago by Christy

3.0 out of 5 stars Annoying Female Heroine!!!!
This book had one of the MOST ANNOYING FEMALE HEROINES!! Iloved all the other characters but Indy Savage. I must have asked myself a thousand times, WTF is she thinking/doing? I know this is fiction but it was still too much. This character alone almost ruined the book for me. Thank goodness for the story/plot and other characters. She is impulsive, reckless,...
Published 18 months ago by amac

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock and Roll Lives !, July 14, 2012
This review is from: Rock Chick (Kindle Edition)
I highly enjoyed this book and Loved the whole series so much that I bought the other 6 books after only reading until chapter 3. This book and whole series is the type of books that you do not want to put down and end up reading until 4 am to finish one of the books because you can not wait to see what is going to happen next. This is one action packed ride right after the other that it reminds me more of a movie than a book. I have recommended this series to everyone in a mass email after I finished the first book (its that good). In this book we get Indy who has decided she no longer loves Lee (her childhood crush) and is going to get on with her life. That is when most of the trouble starts from the shots fired to the car bombs we get to follow the merry band of Rock Girl's thru all the mayhem they cause :). You know its a great series when you gift it to several different people.

Book 1: Rock Chick
Book 2: Rock Chick Rescue
Book 3: Rock Chick Redemption
Book 4: Rock Chick Renegade
Book 5: Rock Chick Revenge
Book 6: Rock Chick Reckoning
Book 7: Rock Chick Regret

Updated 10/11/12
Book 8 should be out in Jan. 2013 per author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent HEA that has everything, December 19, 2011
Louiegthor (Haslett, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rock Chick (Kindle Edition)
I have been searching for a book for awhile that would get me away from the paranormal, and the gritty, dark suspense genre just for a break. I thought go back to my original plot people, Diana Palmer, Nora Roberts, Elizabeth Lowell, Linda Howard, ....nah. They would be rereads anyway. So, I've been reading some indie authors and I came across Rock Chick. First, I must say that some of the authors I have found here are amazing, including Edie Ramer, Connie Suttle, the Blood Destiny Series- must haves that you cannot put down.

But here is, finally, a series of books, outside the paranormal, by Kristen Ashley, that are laugh out loud, sometimes serious, gritty, great strong heroine, super alpha hero, one of my favorite plot devices, best friend's brother unrequited love interest - all wrapped up in a long, extremely well written novel.

Thank you Kristen! I have downloaded Rock Chick Rescue, and have started The Gamble just to mix it up!

Oh! And don't be chased away by the title, read the reviews, they are right on target!

Have fun with this fantastic read, I'm sending it as a gift to my sisters and daughter!
Happy Reading!

4.0 out of 5 stars Waiting for a deserving heroine...., December 28, 2011
Ann (Broken Arrow, OK United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rock Chick (Paperback)
This is a we'll see kind of a series for me. After reading the Colorado Mountain, The Burg and Dream Man series Kristen Ashley has moved to near the top of my list for favorite authors. This Rock Chick series may be a step down from the others. There's no shortage of hotter than hot alpha male's and loveable side characters with a good story, but I was not a fan of Indy the heroine. Which kind of surprised me since I'm pretty hard to please when it comes to heroine's and I've really liked most of KA's heroines. Lee on the other hand was a standout hero. There are no bad hero's in KA's bks IMO. The theme here is kind of a wacky, crazy, fun romp with bad guys and guns. Lee's stable of wildly attractive alpha male employees in his Nightingale Investigations group should prove to be a fun rest of the series. By the end of this bk though I thought it should have been entitled Stupid Chick. Indy's been in love with Lee since she was five - now she's 30 and Lee's ready and wanting a permanent relationship so Indy resists him through the majority of the bk in denial of wanting him. WTH? Seriously? Lee is all that, was she crazy? So other than that aspect I liked the story. Eddie's bk is next and WOW he is overwhelming hot in this one, looking forward to the next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read This Book!, April 23, 2013
This review is from: Rock Chick (Kindle Edition)
This is the book that started my Kindle romance obsession! A friend mentioned in passing that she stumbled on this book, so I decided to check it out. And after this book, I was a KA fan for life. These books are laugh-out-loud funny, sexy and heartbreakingly beautiful. The alpha males are hot, and I love how, once they find their rock chick, they are set for life.

Indy and Lee's story is sweet, sexy and infuriating. Love the groundwork it lays for the Rock Chicks to come. If you are a fan of contemporary romance with humor, action and sex... You will not be disappointed!

4.0 out of 5 stars So are the moments of our lives, October 4, 2012
4.5stars actually

So many laugh out loud funny moments. Perfect amount of suspense/tension. Smooth plotting. Wonderful Characters. I really enjoyed my trip to Denver and can hardly wait to go again.

What worked for me was practically everything. I am stunned each time I read one of Ms. Ashley's books because she so perfectly fans my desire to kiss and to kill her heroes. Simultaneously! And I can't do either to them enough. No wonder her altar is so crowded. More specifically I never liked the name Liam (Lee) so much until it was personified by the smoldering hunk of masculinity who has decided to combine his type of workaday life at Nightingale Investigations and the love of his life while taking on all comers as he tries to unravel a complicated case that seems to touch many others. Leading lady India (Indy) Savage re-introduces us to the classic screwball comedies of days gone by as she innocently tries to help a friend and employee and finds herself at the center of more than one attraction. The secondary characters earned their journeyman wages by adding to the plot and keeping things moving when the spotlight accidently caught them. They were definitely more than support they're (future) lead characters in their own right. This full story had an engaging plot with the stolen merchandise, a drag review show for charity, unrequited love, multiple showdown action pieces, a wonderful cast and a great love story at its core; and it all wove together beautifully.

All that being said I even found something that didn't work so well for me. It was the fade to black moments with Lee & Indy. While this was absolutely completely the right move for the story it did nothing to quench my desire for all things Liam. Also the way Indy was in so many random events got to be a bit much.

If you are not yet a fan of Ms. Ashley's series (any of them) and are a fan of alpha males in and out of their element and complementary but equally strong females you can't go wrong with a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kristen Ashley is Amazing, October 8, 2012
Jennifer Stone (SPRINGFIELD, OHIO, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rock Chick (Kindle Edition)
This story sucked me in from the beginning! I have finished this series up to book 7 and was not disappointed once! Every book was funny exciting romantic sexy fast paced and full of characters that you cant help but love and want in your life. I cant wait for the last book even if it means it will be over cause I feel like my friends all moved out of state and wont be back for months! Kristen Ashley you are amazing and because of you I'm asking for a stun gun for Christmas!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, July 5, 2012
This review is from: Rock Chick (Kindle Edition)
I am officially on the Kristen Ashley bandwagon and its amazing. Love it! I read Mystery Man first which is the first book in another series but it was clearly written after this series as a couple of the characters made cameos and to appreciate the cameos I decided to go back to the beginning. And in the words of Inigo Montoya: "I am waiting for you, Vizzini. You told me to go back to the beginning. So I have. This is where I am, and this is where I'll stay. I will not be moved." Of course, I will be moved, right on to Rock Chick Rescue...

India Savage, goes by Indy, has been avoiding Liam Nightingale for the past 10 years. She has been in love with him since she was five years old. She threw herself at him numerous times and every time he turned her down. Ten years ago he made his point by saying that Indy was like a sister to him. And since Indy was his sister's best friend, Indy believed him, she was humiliated and hurt and she believed him.

Now Indy is thirty and she owns a used bookstore/coffee shop and her famous coffee guy is in big trouble. The coffee guy's name is Rosie (this is short for Ambrose) and he and Indy need a place to stay after getting shot at by bad guys after Rosie. Ally (Liam's sister and Indy's best friend) thinks the safest place for them is in Liam's condo (Liam isn't home). Of course, we know, Liam comes home. He comes home in the middle of the night and sneaky as a cat he ties up Rosie in the living room like he is a hog at a hog roast. He yanks Indy out of his bed by her foot...the rest is all the twists and turns through getting Rosie and Indy out of trouble with the bad guys (there are repeated kidnappings, numerous car bombs, and creepy bad guys that look like Grandpa Muenster) and also the tumultuous relationship that builds between Liam and Indy. Liam decides he wants Indy, Indy decided ten years ago she was done with Liam. Hmmm...interesting!

The secondary characters were great! I loved, loved, loved Tex (words can't even describe this guy but he is great). I loved Eddie (Eddie's story? Rock Chick Rescue? Don't mind if I do.), Kitty Sue, The Kevster.

The only thing I don't like is that there are too many cowboy boots. Everyone seems to be wearing them and they aren't my favorite so it ruins my mental image. Whenever I read that, I have to change their shoes in my head.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read series. Entertaining!!, June 5, 2014
This review is from: Rock Chick (Kindle Edition)
I really Loved Indy and Lee! Indy gets on my nerves sometimes, but she makes it up by being hilarious. I love the whole group, they were so entertaining. This book was so much fun, I loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book was awesome!, November 12, 2013
This review is from: Rock Chick (Kindle Edition)
This was a definite WOW for me! With 261 reviews thus far and counting, I will not do a story overview and move on to my opinion. Oh my! I loved this book! And I was completely surprised/shocked by how much I loved it and how good this book is. I loved the story and the humor - that alone was totally entertaining. But then we have this romance that was sooooooo good! The chemistry and tension between the H and h seriously wowed me. It just leaped off the pages! I loved that Indy did NOT just give into Lee right away. I mean he hurt her and rejected her years ago, so I loved that he'd had to suffer through her acting indifferent for years. I felt it completely appropriate that when he finally decided to make her aware of his feelings, that she reacted as she did. I would've been disappointed if she would've given in to him sooner. It made her seem very strong, independent and real. I just loved that she tried to back off and Lee was full steam ahead. It was so fun to read and added to the tension greatly.

I highly recommend reading this if you like a romance novel with a good storyline, humor, and a super sexy, totally possessive alpha! If you do then you will LOVE this! I don't recommend reading this if you have a pacemaker - lol! This is EXACTLY the kind of book I love. Thank you, Ms. Ashley!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this series, September 14, 2013
EILEEN M LEVITT (Columbia, MD United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rock Chick (Kindle Edition)
The entire Rock Chick series is a riot. However, the first one is clearly the best. I don't want to give too much away, but the scene when Indy visits the drugstore had me laughing so hard, it was painful.

Rock Chick