Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on June 26, 2013
I have big feet and needed size 15 skates. That tends to double or more the price from most dealers. I bought these because of the low price and could not be happier. Well fitting, well padded shoe, sturdy trucks, smooth bearings, no wobble or lateral slide on any wheels. I am just picking up skating again after 35 years away and comfortable, easy to control skates are a big help. I feel like I got a great deal on these.
on August 11, 2013
I am derby fresh meat and total skating newbie. I tried on my friend's Rock GT50 skates; they were so comfortable that it felt like I was born wearing them. Note: the wheels (and bearings) are mediocre, but with new wheels, these are fabulous and affordable skates for beginners. I've skated perhaps 12 times in these thus far, and they continue to be incredibly comfortable. Very happy with these.
on April 11, 2015
Skated a lot till my teen years and then some inline in my 20's. Now in my 40's, I'm returning to this activity for fun and health(mainly fun) with these skates.
I've used them twice and so far so good. They feel comfortable doing my light skating patterns, afterall I'm kind of a beginner again after all these years...
There are no skating rinks where I live, so I'll mainly skate outdoors. So if you plan on skating in similar conditions, the only advice I have for now if you are going to get the GT-50 is to consider maybe buying some of the options available @amazon with outdoor wheels(ex: Atom Pulses or Atom Poisons) which take the price up between $160 to $200. The wheels that come in this package are not meant for concrete, sidewalks, etc.
I ended up buying Atom Poisons separately.
review image review image
on April 24, 2013
I bought these skates for my husband who is 6'3" and 250 pounds. He is a size 14 or 15 sneaker depending on brand. These skates are exactly as described. They are made for a wider foot, so there is no need to make judgements on what size to get, go with your shoe size. They are comfortable and skate smooth and fairly fast. My husband loves them.
on October 8, 2012
These skates were a great step up. They feel very solid so far with very little time to break in. I was suggested to go with the Sure Grip brand because I have wide feet, and they fit perfecty. I already had a set of indoor wheels to use with them, but the ones they come with are great for outdoor skating (not soft enough for my "home track"
on March 4, 2014
I picked up these skates because I needed my own pair as a fresh meat derby skater. They are wide enough for my feet and are plenty comfortable. The skates will do there job until I can spend more on skates. I really want to give shout out to JCS sports. I had a slight issue with the cup on my toe stops and they walked me through the options. They called me back within 5 minutes of my initial email. One option was to tap out the cup (5/8th for those who are curious) and the other was to send it back to them so they could slap a new plate on the skate. Thankfully the tap worked but for a company to offer up sending back the skate to fix it rather than just blaming the owner is a sign of good business. Thanks for the skates and thanks for the support JCS.
on July 14, 2013
Very comfortable skate, just like a sneaker. Wheels and bearings are great as well. Only issue I had was I needed to go up one size from my normal shoe size so I had to return the first pair. But customer service was helpful and very responsive in the return and replacement process. Overall seems like a good quality skate.
on January 28, 2016
These skates have been kind a nightmare for me. As others mention, the wheels are extremely hard/slippery and a lot of people will want to replace them (at no small expense). But the real problem for me was fit. My top priority was comfort, so these seemed like a great option as they are supposed to not need breaking in and be very squishy. They are probably really comfortable for someone, but I have narrow feet and skinny ankles. I didn't realize that this brand has a reputation for being wider than average. They are heavily padded, so they seemed nice and cushy at first, like sneakers. I probably would have given them a 4-5 at first. But as soon as the foam compressed even a little--it happens fast and I'm only a weekly recreational skater--they turned floppy. Floppy skates are very bad. To try to keep them stable, I had to tighten the laces, which, combined with the weight and movement, caused a lot of pain across the top of my foot and sometimes numbness. The Velcro strap hit across my foot instead of near the ankle, so that just made it worse. It was compounded by the fact that, while I bought the correct size according to the listing, the manufacturer's sizing chart[...] puts me down a whole size more. I could only wear them for maybe 8-10 skates. So, while these may be good for some people, they are highly problematic for others.
on March 9, 2016
Cheap quality, wheels bearing and bushings lacking. I was trying to find a hobby me and my daughter could enjoy. Many years ago I had very nice speed skates(no names mentioned). These are far from that quality and craftsmanship.
on March 6, 2016
I would have been happy with these skates had THIS (see photo) not happened during my cherry-popper bout in November 2014. These skates were not, I repeat, NOT intended for roller derby. As recreational skates, I'm sure they are fine, but I got lucky and emerged unscathed from what could have been a very serious injury to me or any of the other skaters or audience. I've seen SO many pictures like mine, please spend the extra money and get good boots from a skate shop. You are worth the money!
review image