5.0 out of 5 stars Sensational! Sexy! Sizzling Satisfication!
Published 19 months ago by Kimbj

1.0 out of 5 stars Guess I'm The Odd Man Out
I gotta say, I really didn't like it.

************* This review contains spoilers so be forewarned **********************

Published 14 months ago by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Guess I'm The Odd Man Out, May 7, 2013
I gotta say, I really didn't like it.

First of all, Lanie was immature and a real witch to Noel for at least the first half of the book. She ran so hot and cold I was getting dizzy. Yet he just kept chuckling through her put downs and brush offs. I found that to be very unrealistic. She's not worth it buddy.

Then once they get together, he gets crappy with her, keeping a BIG secret (that I figured out very early on in the book - yet she lived with him for 2 weeks and didn't know?) and later when she finds out, he manipulates her all under the guise of 'Noel gets what he wants'.

The BIG secret is that prior to reconnecting with Lanie, Noel supposedly slept with the lead guitarist's girlfriend one single time, doesn't remember it, and yet believes the girl when she says it is his baby. So for some reason he agrees to pretend to be her boyfriend until the baby is born so she does not look slutty. What? She cheats on her boyfriend with his best friend, sneaks in his bed when he is drunk and/or passed out, and he believes her and helps to protect her reputation? All while he cannot figure out how it could be his kid??

So Lanie decides to dump Noel since he MIGHT be having a baby with another woman; a woman he has never had feelings for. What year is this, 1945? I could see them agreeing to lay low until the baby is born and the DNA test, but why would that end their relationship? He doesn't plan to marry the other woman or be involved with her once the baby is born, other than as a co-parent. Why couldn't he plan a future with Lanie and share custody with his (supposed) child?

The final straw for me was when they all find out, at the same time, that the baby belongs to the body guard and the girl lied to protect his job. So here is Noel, who supposedly loves Lanie and just found out that he is off the hook and they can be together, and what does he do? He storms off by himself and leaves Lanie standing there! No, he does not embrace Lanie and tell her how much he loves her and plans a future. Instead he storms off and Lanie leaves the tour and goes home. Alone.

I thought the whole characters were immature and I felt their actions sometimes made no sense other than to extend the length of the book.

Also, I found the fist person perspective annoying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensational! Sexy! Sizzling Satisfication!, December 6, 2012
This review is from: Rock the Heart (Black Falcon Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
What do you say about a book that just did everything for you. You had me at "This next song goes out to the girl that shredded my heart without hesitation back in High school.It's called Ball Busting Bitch Lanie this one's for you. Lol!! I knew I loved Noel because he still loved Lanie and wasn't over her. The ride of their journey was passionate and sometimes sad. But when you ended with Noel singing Faitfully my favorite song, honey you broke me. (Tears)You have a fan for life but you need to hurry up already with pt 2.

3.0 out of 5 stars Really cute. Love the Rock Star theme., November 19, 2012
This review is from: Rock the Heart (Black Falcon Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
How did I go 26 years without understanding the sexiness of Rock stars? It takes books like Rock The Heart for me to understand how hot they are :)

Rock The Heart is about 22 year-old Lane who has always been the good southern-girl. She does everything that is expected of her, goes to college, graduates, goes off to NYC to land her dream job. Before leaving for college, Lane broke up with her first love, the bad-boy next door Noel because she thought his high school band would go no where and she wanted him to go to college like her. Lane left Noel heartbroken and never saw him again.

Four years later Lane now in NYC as an intern has been given the opportunity of a lifetime if she can get a famous rock band to sign with her company, problem is the band is Noel's and they are the hottest band at the current moment. Lane tries to be professional when she sees Noel for the first time since breaking his heart but he has other plans for her. Besides making her feel bad at times, he really is still in love with and does everything in his power to keep her on tour with him. Noel and Lane are really sweet together but Noel is keeping a hidden secret that I didn't even see coming!

Is Lane still in love with Noel too? Can she handle him being a hot rock god now? Can she deal with his secret?

I really enjoyed about 80% of the book and thought the novel took an interesting spin on the rock star love story that has been so popular lately. I really enjoyed the sweet moments and memories of Lane and Noel growing up together, falling in love for the first time, and knowing everything about one another. Noel was an interesting character I would like to know more about and his family.

The only real problem I had with the book was the ending. I just felt like it was rushed and scrambled together rather quickly. I wish it had been spread out a bit more and not having everything together in just a few pages. Many books seem to do this and with a well developed story line like Rock The Heart having it end so quickly takes a lot away from the book.

I am very interested in reading the next book and really hope the book revolves around Lane & Noel. I wasn't too interested in the other characters, like Riff and don't know if I could read a book based on only him.

I give Rock The Heart 3 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Long lost love, December 22, 2012
This review is from: Rock the Heart (Black Falcon Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I love these types of romance novels. High school sweethearts who part because of different goals in life only to become reunited years later while in the midst of their careers and realize that the love they once had is even stronger!

4.0 out of 5 stars Rock, July 23, 2013
This review is from: Rock the Heart (Black Falcon Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Ah love and rock n roll! Right up my ally. This book is good read. The twists in it made it hard to put down. Onto book 2!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!, July 19, 2013
This review is from: Rock the Heart (Black Falcon Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I was trapped in this world from the first page. I seriously could not putt this book down! Beautifully written and an awesome story. Thank you Michelle for putting this awesome story out!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Conquers all, July 15, 2013
This review is from: Rock the Heart (Black Falcon Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
It's crazy to be following a rock star and see how his life is in the road. I don't get how they can do it

5.0 out of 5 stars A Rock Star that melted my heart!, September 18, 2013
This review is from: Rock the Heart (Black Falcon Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Beautiful, passionate, sexy! I can't say enough good things about this! I am so glad that I finally got a chance to start this series! On to the next!

5.0 out of 5 stars HOT! HOT! HOT!, May 10, 2013
You instantly fall in love with Lanie and her road of reconnecting with her high school love. This book has intense scenes!
Noel is a self taught Rock Star that has an amazing band and is traveling on tour. Lanie still in college and trying to find a marketing job and ends up becomeing and intern for the biggest marketing company in New York.
Lanie has been following Noels career and ends up having to work with him.
The adventure you are taken on is amazing. You are crying one moment and then laughing and yelling the next. You are really able to become a part of this book and I could not put it down. I read it in a day!!!
I would recommend this book to all of my friends!!!
I fell in love with Noel and now have a new book boyfriend.. LOL

5.0 out of 5 stars So good I bought it twice!, January 19, 2013
I originally bought this book on my Nook. I fell in love instantly! The cover is hot! The story is adorable, sweet, hot hot hot, and makes me wanna go find a guy in a band to fall in love with! Such a great story!

I loved it so much I had to own it on paperback too. In case something happens to my Nook, I cannot live without having this story in my possession. So just in case, now I have a hard copy too! I plan on reading this book over and over again! Can't wait for Rock The Band!

If you love a good story about a sexy rock star, this one is for you! Highly recommend it!

Also, Noel Falcon is now on my Christmas list. *fingers crossed* ;D

Rock the Heart (Black Falcon Book 1)
Rock the Heart (Black Falcon Book 1) by Michelle A. Valentine