Rock 'N' Roll High School
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Vince Lombardi High School has quite a reputation: it is the wildest, most rockin high school around! That is, until a thug of a principal, Miss Togar, comes along and tries to make the school a totalitarian state. With the help of the Ramones, the students of Vince Lombardi battle the iron-fisted rule of Miss Togar and take their battle to a truly explosive conclusion!
Starring P.J. Soles (Halloween), Vince Van Patten (Hell Night), Clint Howard (Grand Theft Auto), Dey Young (Spaceballs), Mary Woronov (Death Race 2000), Dick Miller (Piranha) and Paul Bartel (Hollywood Boulevard).
* New Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer (1.85:1)
* Special Introduction From Director Allan Arkush
* Audio Commentary With Director Allan Arkush, Producer Mike Finnell And Screenwriter Richard Whitley
* Audio Commentary With Roger Corman And Dey Young
* New Audio Commentary With Director Allan Arkush, P.J. Soles And Clint Howard
* Back To School: A Retrospective Including All-New Interviews With Allan Arkush, Roger Corman, Joe Dante, Dey Young And Marky Ramone
* Staying After Class: A New Interview With P.J. Soles, Vincent Van Patten And Dey Young
* Interview With Roger Corman Conducted By Leonard Maltin
* New Interview With Director Allan Arkush Including A Look At Rare, Behind-The-Scenes Stills From His Personal Collection
* Audio Outtakes From The Roxy
* Original Radio Ads And TV Spots
* Original Theatrical Trailer With Commentary By Eli Roth Courtesy Of Trailersfromhell.com
And More . . .
Top Customer Reviews
From B-movie veterans like Paul (Eating Raoul) Bartel and Mary (Death Race 2000) Woronov to newcomers (at the time), P.J. (Halloween) Soles and Dey (Strange Invaders) Young, the entire cast has a lot of fun spouting the film's wonderfully inspired cornball dialogue ("If you don't like it, you can put it where the monkey puts the nuts."). The Ramones are good sports and mumble their way through the film and truly coming alive during the music sequences. The movie rightfully cements their reputation as legends.
Rock 'n' Roll High School embodies the essence of the punk rock music that made the Ramones famous. The film is bursting with youthful energy, a dose of good ol' fashion anarchy and is loads of fun to watch. These are also the ingredients that made Rock 'n' Roll High School a cult film. It was a commercial and critical failure upon its initial release but repeated midnight screenings, coupled with steady appearances on TV, have helped the film endure over the years.
New to this edition is a "Back to School: A Retrospective" that takes a look back at this cult film with new interviews with producer Roger Corman, Alan Arkush and cast members Clint Howard, Dey Young, Mary Woronov and Loren Lester and the surviving Ramone from that time, Marky. This is an affectionate, fun look at this movie with everyone reminiscing fondly about their experiences.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Best rock and roll movie ever. The Ramones music is awesome.Published 11 hours ago by Amazon Customer
who doesn't love a good, fun film with a soundtrack by The Ramones and other great artists like Alice CooperPublished 1 month ago by ModFun
Just a dumb ,stupid ,fun film ,I can't be impartial. Love PJ Soles and the Ramones .Published 6 months ago by Robert g
I love bad campy movies, and this is one. They did use a better copy, not the original like some Blu-rays do. Fun movie from the past.Published 6 months ago by Arya Stark
|Topic||From this Discussion|
|Love this movie, but this Blu-Ray was a major let down!||Be the first to reply|