Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on September 24, 2001
I love this movie. This is a great movie. However, the sound transfer on this DVD edition is terrible. It distorts horribly in any scene where the music gets even moderately loud and there is even an undercurrent of hiss and distortion in the strictly dialogue scenes. I have seen other reviews stating the same thing so I know it is not just my system. It is bad enough they probably should be recalled. In lieu of that happening I guess I am stuck with this version if I want a copy of one of my favorites. What a crying shame that Roger Corman couldn't see that it was done properly.
on March 14, 2014
The non-Ramones passages of the ROCK 'N' ROLL HIGH SCHOOL are dumb, but, unlike, say, the NAKED GUN movies or television's SON OF THE BEACH, dumb without wit. This is in spite of the fine actress P.J. Soles starring in this 1979 musical-comedy film. But if nothing else, see the movie just to fast-forward to the scenes with the Ramones, who do not embarrass themselves because they keep any attempts at upstaging Soles and the other real actors in check and, more importantly, treat us to a number of their great songs, some of it live, some lip-sync. Frankly, I'm happy I saw ROCK 'N' ROLL HIGH SCHOOL just to see Dee Dee exclaim, "Pizza!"

Damn shame, as I write this it's been 35 years since ROCK 'N' ROLL HIGH SCHOOL and how long ago did we lose Joey, Dee Dee, and Johnny? For a double feature of joy and sadness, view ROCK 'N' ROLL HIGH SCHOOL and the 2001 Ramones documentary HEY, HO, LET'S GO: THE STORY OF THE RAMONES.
on May 10, 2001
I am 46 years old and love this movie! Much of it reminds me of when I was in high school. And I have always loved the Ramones. Joey's death was traumatic and the movie means all the more to me now that he is gone. The kids in this movie do what many of us have always dreamed of doing-getting rid of the school and getting the better of the principal. All of us at one time or another have had a Miss Togar to deal with in school. This is a fun movie. Best part?? The paper airplane. And the music. The soundtrack is the best!
on July 9, 2009
I absolutely loved this movie when I was younger. I guess tastes change as you get older. lol
on September 16, 2011
I get the reverence some have for the seminal punk band, The Ramones, without whom this would be a truly awful flick. Still, that's not quite enough to salvage this Roger Corman vehicle. Bad acting, lame script, cliched plot and forced laughs are what we see here. Somehow, this has acquired cult status. And there are a suitcase full of extras with many of the cast and crew congratulating themselves on having made it. In reality, this story had been done better before, and much much better since this came out in 1980. Three of the four Ramones are now gone, and this was their only film appearance, aside from documentaries. So, if you liked them - and I did not especially - then watch this for the music history. They were really weird people to look at. Maybe it's better if you're stoned, too.
on November 17, 2008
The Ramones are one of my favorite bands, and I'm a big fan of B Movies, but man, did I dislike this film. There are some reasons to watch this film, such as the music, the terrible acting by The Ramones, and P.J. Soles. Other than that, the film is worthless. There are fewer things worse than bad comedy, and that's what this film is. Just because something is meant to be cheesy doesn't automatically make it entertaining. Many of the jokes in this film fall flat, and I just couldn't get into it. I kept wanting The Ramones to come back on and do some songs. Anyhow, every fan should watch this and judge for themselves, given it's cult status.
on October 29, 2008
Not the best movie I've ever seen. Too much violence for a movie that is suppose to be fun and about teenagers. A real stinker in my opinion. Basically I just wanted it for the beginning song that was written & performed by Paul McCartney. The Ramones didn't do much for me either.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse