Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

on December 19, 2009
I was reluctant to purchase this microphone and speaker system because there were no other reviews. I just took a chance that it wouldn't be a piece of junk. To my surprise it's really good quality! We gave it to our 11 year old daughter for her birthday and she has found all kinds of uses for it. The speakers are very clear and loud. Her and her brother love the echo effect. You can attach your iPod and sing along to the songs. The lights even adjust to your voice and music. Great deal for the $
on June 12, 2010
I wanted to purchase a karaoke system that I could hook up my ipod to. I have many karaoke songs on there and didn't want to be limited to purchasing karaoke CD's. However, I couldn't believe how expensive most of them were! I came across this system and decided that it was right for the pocketbook. My daughter has flipped for this gift! The lights change colors when you use the microphone. You can control the volume of the music you play through it as well as the volume of the mic. Use it with or without the ipod. The sound was better than I had originally expected for the price.

This was an incredible gift idea for my budding musician. She uses it quite frequently and loves being a singing sensation.
on December 11, 2010
It's undeniably amusing to use things in ways that they aren't necessarily intended - case in point: I was undeniably amused by the results of buying 3 sets, that's 6 speakers total, daisy-chaining them all together, and plugging them into my computer. The video shows the result - music is Mike Posner's "Cooler Than Me."

Obviously the speakers are pretty baseline average - lacking good lows and highs, muffled mids, but let's face it, you're buying them because they light up. Plus, they include a built-in volume knob, so you can turn them down, and leave your good sound system turned up - doesn't hurt the sound responsiveness at all.
on May 24, 2011
I bought this for my Goddaughter as a birthday present. She loves singing along to Karaoke games on the Playstation...but becuase of her age has a tendancy to slobber all over the microphone. So...what better gift than her very own working microphone with speakers...and lights...that she can slobber on to her heart's content.

She has a kids MP3 player which hooked up to the speakers just fine...and she was singing along in minutes. All sorts of cable configurations are included in the box...and it's a standard audio in/audio out stereo setup.

It can also work as a very simple PA system for large parties...or small events.

The microphone that it comes with is a standard microphone. If you had a second mike...you could mike an instrument into the second input channel. Really...it's a cool little karaoke gadget. If you're on the edge of buying it because you're not sure if it will be "good enough" just do it.
on January 3, 2011
I got this speaker set for my kiddos this Christmas. I wish that I would have gotten two sets. They are very cool. I bought an extra microphone so that both of my kids could sing together. The one really nice feature with this system is that you can hook up a mp3 player to it and sing along with the music. Heck, I was even able to hook my electric guitar up to it. It was so nice that I had to create a whole stage for it.
review image
on August 24, 2015
Like your own make shift karaoke machine. I still have it after all these years, very nice.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2011
I purchased this elsewhere for a lot less BUT - this is for my granddaughter which is 5 and she LOVES it. She has had it for 2 months now but still plays with it everyday. She hooks up my mp3 player and sings songs, hooks up her electric guitar and plays with her grandfather. Even at the price listed here it is well worth it.
on October 26, 2010
I plan to use this contraption in school. I know the kids will love it. When I received it, one of the blue LED lights failed to light. Warranty requires I pay shipping to send back for replacement. I don't think so. . .I'm very disappointed that the light doesn't work but I'm not going to pay $8-$10 to get a replacement. The light should have worked in the first place. Buyer beware. . . .
on December 16, 2010
I have not used the monitors yet as It was supposed to be a Christmas gift.....I did not ordered this...Be carefull with buying this item....I paid over than 50 USD and what I have received are other monitors that cost almost 30 $.....The one I received is smaller.......I paid for this one and Amazon sends me a cheaper, smaller and I bet poor quality set of monitors....as soon as I use the one Amazon sent I will write again. I feel cheated...I don't even think in returning this as I from Vzla and would be very expensive.... what a disappointing purchase.

Update: January 04
Amazon refunded to my credit card 20 UDS for sending me the item cheaper than the one I ordered. Thanks Amazon.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse