5.0 out of 5 stars a blake nelson fan
Published on November 20, 2004 by Trish Carlson

2.0 out of 5 stars Laughable.
Published on November 22, 2005 by Jesus Christ

5.0 out of 5 stars a blake nelson fan, November 20, 2004
This review is from: Rock Star Superstar (Paperback)
blake nelson is probably my favorite author right now. He makes people and situations so realistic you feel like the characters are your best friends. This book tells what it's really like to be a musician and the ups and downs and how if you're an artistic person it can effect your relationships in certain ways. As with all nelson's books I don't know how to describe what I love about it except to say that it makes you realize that all the little thoughts you have about things are the same little thoughts that other people have too. If that even makes sense. I recommed this book totally to all my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars best YA book about music ever, November 29, 2005
This review is from: Rock Star Superstar (Paperback)
I am one of those older people who still read YA books if they are about something I'm into or are recommended and that is how I came to this book and it was excellent and very accurate about the current music scene. I am kind of amazed actually how good it is and smart about the music world and being a pro musician. excellent book. highly recommmend

2.0 out of 5 stars Laughable., November 22, 2005
This review is from: Rock Star Superstar (Paperback)
Although relevant and relatable, "Rock Star Superstar" is a novel with obvious faults. It almost tries to be TOO relatable, with its constant references to recent and 'underground' bands such as Death Cab for Cutie, Queens of the Stone Age, Interpol, and Hot Hot Heat. The repetitive naming of everyday items associated with brand names verges on outlandish product placement, with mentions of Fender Precision basses and iPods. I feel these snippets of "current life" date and I don't see this novel as being very memorable or having any longevity.

Other reviewers have brought up the realness of the writing, and that is only because the style feels like it was written by a fourteen year old who had to do this for an English 9 project. Everything that happened in the book seemed rushed and hardly explained anything, all the characters were stereotyped to the point of unrealistic, and I found that I hardly felt for the protagonist at all.

This novel is worth a solid hour and a half of snickering, but that is all. Terribly written, terrible book.

There are much better books in this genre.

5.0 out of 5 stars good book for aspiring musicians, October 16, 2004
This review is from: Rock Star Superstar (Paperback)
I got this book for my little brother because he's into music and supposedly this is the most realistic book about being in a band. I read the beginning of it and ended up reading the whole thing. It was fantastic. There are so many good things I don't know where to start. First of all, the love story was hilarious and sweet and so so real. Not like most books for teens that always talk about Issues with a capitol I but never show what real teenage life is like. Anyway I htought this book was fantastic and I totally recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book for young reader, October 12, 2004
Tyger (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rock Star Superstar (Paperback)
I have been a big fan of Blake Nelson every since I had a chance encounter with "Girl". Unfortunately I found "Rock Star, Superstar" to be disappointing. In Girl the charters were vivid and three dimentional. In Rock Star the characters lacked depth and appeared two dimentional, predictable and the writing style of the book appeared amaturish in comparason with Girl. I wish Nelson would give the world what it wants which is a part two to Girl. In my opinion he would not be able to keep that story on the bookstore bookshelves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughed/Cried, April 7, 2006
This review is from: Rock Star Superstar (Hardcover)
I loved this book not just for the music stuff but for the great love story of Pete and Margaret. This is not just about music it's about two people in love changing and evolving and growing and becoming different but still managing to hang on to the bond they started with. My favorite scene is when Pete goes into the mall after they broke up and accused Margaret of cheating and she's like: "you were my first boyfriend, do you know how sacred that is?" Also, at the end it is bittersweet when he comes home from all his adventures, going to LA and having everything go wrong, and he comes home and she is there for him. Not just taking him back but letting him prove himself to her, if he can, ------ ooops I better not say any more. Just buy it. It is one of the best books I have ever read.

5.0 out of 5 stars typical Blake Nelson gem, October 18, 2013
This review is from: Rock Star Superstar (Mass Market Paperback)
I devoured this book. I'd already read a bunch of Blake Nelson, so I knew it would probably be good, but then the rock 'n' roll started and the girlfriends and the crazy band-mates and the travelling to Seattle and then to LA, and I was just totally hooked. Possibly my favorite Blake Nelson book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good book!, July 8, 2013
I thought it was well written, losing my attention sometimes but still pretty good. I would recommend this book, but the ending wasn't how I thought it would be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, but short, May 8, 2012
This review is from: Rock Star Superstar (Mass Market Paperback)
Great story! It made me buy a bass and learn to play. I still have the song stuck in my head... "Rockstar superstar, ride the bus with your guitar."

4.0 out of 5 stars Rockstar/Superstar Paperback Book, October 1, 2007
This review is from: Rock Star Superstar (Mass Market Paperback)
This book was for a school project for my daugher and we had trouble getting it at our local book store. The book came very fast and she was able to get her project done before it was due.

Rock Star Superstar
Rock Star Superstar by Blake Nelson (Mass Market Paperback - April 6, 2006)
$6.99 $5.98