Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on December 21, 2009
We started playing music in our infant's nursery after our first visit to his daycare, where we noticed them playing music in the crib room to provide white noise for the sleeping babies. The idea of a lullaby-ized version of music we already enjoy listening to appealed to us, so we started out with a couple of the titles in the Rockabye baby series. We've enjoyed them so much that we're now up to ~15 of these, if for no other reason than to provide US with some variety as we rock our child before putting him down for the night. By removing the words and playing the songs at a more or less constant volume, they provide a soothing bedtime experience without the sudden changes in volume and tempo that might otherwise startle or excite a child that you're trying to get (and then keep) asleep.

I was particularly excited to try this disc out when we started buying albums in the series, as I have always been a huge Beatles fan. Although some of the songs on this album are good, the album as a whole just isn't up to par with some of the other CDs in the series. Having said that, all is not lost for Beatles fans looking for lullaby music for their infant - as I alluded to in the title, the "More Lullaby Renditions of the Beatles" album that was released in 2009 is significantly better in my opinion, and is definitely worth getting. That's not to say that you should avoid this CD, only that if I was choosing between the two, I'd start with the other one and seriously consider some of the other titles listed below first.

For parents looking for top CDs we have tried in this series, I would highly recommend the Coldplay (our favorite of the 15 we have), Led Zeppelin, Queen, Rolling Stones, and Beach Boys albums.
on March 22, 2007
We have the Rockabye Baby Led Zeppelin and the Beatles, and we love both of them. These are definitely lullaby versions; not something you'd want to listen to in the car, for instance. This Classic Rock Muzak.

It doesn't really sound appealing, but it's actually quite relaxing to listen to on the way to sleep. And then you can listen to the real thing with baby during the day!
on June 11, 2014
OMG! I can't tell you how happy I am to have found this CD. My husband and I even get enjoyment listening to the Rockabye Baby! Trust me, you can not go wrong with these lullaby tones. I think every parent and baby will have fun listening to these songs on a long road trip.
on August 11, 2014
This particular Rockabye CD is not that great. Actually, I find it a bit depressing in the way it sounds. It lacks the peppy xylophone tones of the other cds. There are much better Rockabye CDs out there like U2 and the Cure.
on March 23, 2014
The reviews seemed pretty good but both my husband I thought it sounded like elevator music. We couldn't even listen to it once all the way through. Gave it away immediately. We really aren't music snobs, but this one just didn't do it for us.
on December 12, 2012
As a musician, I really enjoy the quality of the arranging and recording of these lullabies. They are very relaxing and certainly great to put on for a baby or toddler at nap or bed time. Heck...I would even listen to these myself while falling asleep! There is a nice selection of tunes that works well as lullabies. Definitely recommend picking this up if you are at all a Beatles fan; you will definitely appreciate the interesting take on these rock classics.
on October 17, 2013
First, let me say I also have some Bob Marley, Weezer, U2, The Police and other Rockabye Baby artist renditions, and hands down, The Beatles are the best. Not because The Beatles are the best band ever (they kinda are), but because their songs really lend themselves to lullabies.

Rockabye Baby made two versions - the 1st one is The Beatles and the 2nd is More Beatles. I listened to the 1st one first and really like it, but the 2nd one is actually much better for baby. She much prefers it! The first one has more "background noise" - there is more strings and piano, whereas the 2nd version is more of the xylophoney-lullabye sound. I know a lot of music purists would just let their kids listen to the original Beatles songs unadulterated, but these offer less auditory stimulus and calms babies right now. It's really a lifesaver in our house.

WARNING though: after many late nights and sleepless nights trying to soothe a crying, fussy baby, parental pain and frustration may change your association to these great tracks for a while. What were once your favorite songs become reminders of the toughest nights of your life. But don't worry; it all comes back around. Eventually you'll listen with your kiddo and reminisce about their favorite songs. And look back on that time fondly.
on March 3, 2015
Originally bought this for my five month old, but it was too distracting for him during nap/bed time. Works perfectly for my oldest son (5 yrs old) for bedtime. This album just sounds like a music box. I have noticed on other Rocker Bye Baby albums that they incorporate different noises in the music like birds chirping or other percussion instruments....Not this album. It's strictly music box type, but it's very nice and soothing. Works well for us!
on July 15, 2013
Not fans of "baby music" this collection are the only CDs we have for our little one so far. I'll even put them on in the car when I'm not even with my baby. We also have The Pixies cover album and we're planning on buying the Madonna covers as well. The Beatles one is my favorite though.
on April 7, 2016
I purchased this as a baby shower gift and the couple had already listened to the entire CD within 2 hours of the party ending. This was not on their registry, so I was hoping they would still appreciate it and they love it. One comment that made was "I love that the vibraphone is heavily represented," so that could give you an idea of the sound quality of this record. I definitely recommend it for any music fan, parent-to-be.