5.0 out of 5 stars Elvis Rocks!, February 18, 2013
This review is from: Rocker (Audio CD)
Looked for this one for a while. I used to drive my mother on errands and listen to this cassette tape while I waited for her to return. I still need The Rocker Returns, Elvis' post army release.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elvis..."The Wild One", January 23, 2013
This review is from: Rocker (Audio CD)
What a great cover for an album of absolutely classic rock songs from The King......it truly is a distilled collection of not only the beginnings of Rock and Roll but the very definition of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I agree..., December 2, 2005
This review is from: Rocker (Audio CD)
The other reviews of this collection generally nail it. It's the essence of what Elvis was when he started out and had the country in an uproar, the teenagers for him and their parents against him for bringing "race music" in a white package to corrupt their children's morals. Contrary to what "A Music Fan" reviewed, several if not all the songs are from after he signed with RCA, but he still had a couple of years of hard rockin' ahead before going into the Army and coming out as a wannbe crooner and self-parodying "actor". Play this for anybody you know who doesn't "get" what people saw in Elvis and they just might start to understand...

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite Elvis Presley CD., July 15, 2000
This review is from: Rocker (Audio CD)
"Rocker" is my favorite Elvis Presley CD. This disc really does stand up to its title. I'm not really a huge fan of Presley's work, but I am somewhat more than just a casual fan. Although I do like a lot of his ballads, I have always been a bigger fan of his uptempo stuff. This CD is very short, but don't let that deter you from buying it. The disc is well worth the price, and what it lacks in quantity, it more than makes up for in quality. All of the songs here are from the 1950s, so they are from before Elvis's music started to go downhill. The way I see it, this is a good samplng of some of the best music that he ever recorded.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I Expected, August 30, 2014
This review is from: Rocker (Audio CD)
Excellent! On time, what I expected and thrilled. Would definitely use this seller again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good old fashioned rockabilly and rock n' roll by the king!!, April 4, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Rocker (Audio CD)
This cd is what Elvis Presley was all about, not that garbage that he did after he got out of the army. Well, I take that back; it wasn't all garbage, but it wasn't the real thing. It was the diluted Elvis Presley. This is the REAL Elvis Presley, whaling it out at Sun Studios. The highlight of this cd, in my opinion, is "Money Honey", but they're all really good. Buy it!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars All Rocking, No Ballads, January 14, 2013
This review is from: Rocker (Audio CD)
I am not a big Elvis fan, but this CD got me to look at him more positively. If you like early Rock & Roll, you should check out this CD. The "King Creole" soundtrack is another album non Elvis fans should try.

Rocker
Rocker by Elvis Presley (Audio CD - 2002)
Rate and Discover Movies