Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rocketeer
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 21, 2011
Like A G6 was everywhere for quite some time, and really brought Far East Movement into the mainstream. It doesn't seem to be just fifteen minutes of fame for these guys either, looking at how this song is taking off. While Like A G6 was rather a generic song, it was good for what it was, though not great. Rocketeer is the same way, although it is a better song than its predecessor in every way.

The vocals on this track are better, not so techno-heavy, and while the lyrics aren't nearly as repetitive, there are a few lines that could be cleaned up so that they don't seem so cliched. Otherwise, this is a very solid song; not one likely to get put on repeat, but not one to ever really get skipped either.

Grade: B
on January 2, 2013
I just love MP3s. You get the song you want without buying the whole album. I tend to prefer the extended mixes. So, in my old age, I occassionally hear a song I really liked and I make a note and get on Amazon later and spend a buck. What could be more convenient.

As far as critiquing a particular song, especially older ones, you bought it cause you love it. I tend to glance over the reviews and listen to the samples so I avoid the remixes that might not appeal.
on March 2, 2011
Far East Movement's "Rocketeer" is a strong second release. "Like a G6" is awesomely bad... but "Rocketeer" is its polar opposite. It's a fun, uplifting hip hop song. Imagine that. The lyrics are joyous&playful. The song itself soars. "Rocketeer" is not related to the cheesy Disney movie The Rocketeer, thank goodness. The Far East Movement is going to go far!
on August 7, 2011
This song gets stuck in my head all the time. Its really catchy. Far East Movement is a really great group.
on November 5, 2011
I love this song and it's such an unusal song. It really grabs your ears. The odd backbeat, the piano (reminds me of New Radicals), the one-chord jump (although it's really not), the R&B/hip-hop/rap feel, the boy group vibe (Backstreet Boys) and the sweet melody. It's intoxicating and beautiful and very uplifting.
on November 30, 2012
This is a great song with beautiful vocals. I originally heard the remix on Sirius BPM, but I think I may like this original version better. It's a great song from a very talented group.
on May 28, 2013
I kept hearing this one on Disney channel while my kids were watching it.
Whoever it was that is singing on the chorus has a great voice and I really like this song.
on February 19, 2014
Not sure where to categorize this, but I'm sure it fits into the r&b, hip-hop genre. This song was also used in a couple of Nitroplanes commercials.
on December 4, 2012
But I love it too. It's catchy, a nice tune and clean. It's hard to find music I will let my 9 yr. old son listen to, but this song fits the bill.
on August 31, 2013
This is a great song. Heard it on pandora and liked it. So I purchased it and makes me happy everytime I hear it. Good purchase