5.0 out of 5 stars perfect
I use this to work out of my home. I like that one ear is uncovered so that I can still pay attention to what is going on around me.
Published 17 months ago by Brandy

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't throw your money away like I did.
Published on December 9, 2009 by Mark

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't throw your money away like I did., December 9, 2009
Mark (Minneapolis) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rocketfish - Hands-Free Over-the-Head Headset - Universal for most phones (Wireless Phone Accessory)
When my old, cheap, but sufficient GE headset literally fell apart, I went to Best Buy to try to find a good replacement. I spend a great deal of time on international conference calls so having a good headset is a must. Incredibly, this was the only headset Best Buy had for cordless phones (in the store). I've bought a few Rocketfish cable products and have liked the quality/price ratio of those such as a shielded subwoofer cable. With that in mind, I thought this would outperform my cheap GE headset. I was wrong.

Build quality seems pretty good...much better than the GE. Sound is okay also. The problem is as the other reviewer mentioned...the people on the other end keep complaning about the sound breaking up when I speak. The only way they can hear me is if I talk loudly and press the microphone to my lips.

So, I'm shopping here for a replacement and will put this one in the trash where it belongs. Unfortunately, as simple as it would seem to be to get a good quality headset, I'm surprised at how many questionable reviews there are even from manufacturers that specialize in these devices. Seems like putting a decent microphone, decent speaker, wired and connected to a curved piece of plastic should not be a difficult task. Looks like I'm going to have to read the reviews and throw a dart and hopefully get an adequate device...or go to Target and see if they still sell cheap GE headsets.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, February 2, 2010
A. Landsman (Upstate New York) - See all my reviews
The headband fits very tightly and securely and the sound is good, although sometimes I am told the sound is low and I regret there's no volume adjustments. The only drawback with this is that the microphone is either too far away or almost IN my mouth! This is a bit awkward. I've used MANY headsets over the years and none have lasted more than a couple of years, so I didn't want to invest much. This was a great deal, so I will put up with the minor discomfort.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, March 17, 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Over the head headset for cel phone, March 20, 2011
I bought this for use doing solicitation calls for a charity. It seemed perfect, not only would I be able to dial and keep track of how many rings were polite, without accidentally hanging up just as it was answered, but I could write results and notes easily. The fact it wasn't blue-tooth was even better, because I didn't have to worry about charging it or any interference from outside sources. Plus the mute button would allow me to take a moment to personally distract my daughter if she didn't understand it was not the best time to come in mommy's office.
At first, it was great for the price I paid. The sounds are very low, and I did end up with a few problems projecting my voice so much without yelling, but I've dealt with worse. But I learned the hard way the mute button is for show. Then apparently the wiring wasn't so good because now i have to hold it an exact way to hear and be heard. Now I've learned I'm sensitive to the material used on the side without an earphone.
For the price, it is better then expected. Granted my job (which requires atleast 5 hours a night, 6 nights a week, on the phone) does abuse an item like this as well, but it did have problems ALOT sooner then expected. If you're purchasing this with business, and long term, in mind, I would suggest finding something else, but it is good for more personal use.

2.0 out of 5 stars Incoming/Outgoing Sound Is Too Low, October 22, 2009
J. Swartz (Oakland, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Something is hurting the sound in this headset. It's hard to hear people over a cell phone when wearing it, and often had to manually hold the boom mike up to my lips for others to hear me clearly. Not worth the money.

Rate and Discover Movies