Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Outdoor Deals on HTL

on August 18, 2011
I've been running these components for about 6 months now and now feel more comfortable writing a review since I've given them a fairly decent "break-in" period.

I have them mounted in the front doors of my hatchback. The doors have sound damper (Stinger Roadkill), speakers are sitting on a 3/4" PVC plastic spacer with gaskets on both sides. Powering them is a Soundstream Rubicon amp pushing 100W per channel at 4 Ohms. Receiver is a Kenwood Excelon feeding 4V with Kicker X-series RCAs going to the amp.

Great price
Decent performance - bass & highs are average, sound quality is average
Adjustable crossover - attenuation & boost, on or off axis settings
Good quality at high volume levels

Woofer seems low quality
oddly shaped woofer basket = possible mounting challenges

The included tweeter mounting brackets are virtually worthless. Due to the placement of the soldered speaker wire terminals on the tweeter, you're at risk of loosening/breaking the connection on the tweeter if attempting to use one of the provided housings. The terminals are placed at opposite ends and the solder makes the tweeter wider than it actually is due to wire protrusion. I ended up sticking with my stock sail panels due to not wanting to deviate too far from stock appearance.

I previously had Polk db6501 components in my last car, with the same amp and receiver and it sounded much more impressive than these Rockfords. Comparing them with the Power T2 series, there's a vast difference. The woofer is fairly flimsy and had scattered plastic on the back side of the surround on the T1. The tweeters on the T2 are made of a higher quality material when compared to the T1 as well.

For the price, it's a decent deal. Hands down better than any OEM speaker. Arguably better speakers can be had for the money. The $399 MSRP is a bit ridiculous, these speakers are at best a $190 pair. If you really want Rockford I would suggest going with the T2 series (Power T2652-S) which can be had for slightly more via other online retailers. I would not buy this set again. It's been 6 months and I'm actually already pining for an upgraded set of components with a better brand.
review image
on December 3, 2011
I installed a pair of these in my sons 94' Blazer and had to buy replacement kicker panels to install them in to. That year had no door speakers, only dash and rear roof. Sounded great for there location, probly better in the doors. which i later cut holes in to mount a pair of RF T1652. JUst need alot of power to scream so going to use 2 RF P500-4s to bridge into 4 chs for max power to really push them hard.
Love Rockford Fosgate products, try to only use Power series now for compitition system build.
Thank You Amazon & Rockford Fosgate.
on October 25, 2013
Speakers sound nice and the installation was pretty straight forward. The crossovers do a nice job at separating the highs and lows. Don't like the grills that much so we left them off. We installed this system with a 12" Rockford Powered Sub.
on June 21, 2013
excellent product
on March 6, 2012
I bought these for my 97 Chevy Ck, and honestly I cannot tell the difference between these and the stock speakers I had. (the CK model truck already has a woofer and tweeter separated) I bought the 4x6 power series for my columns in the back and those sound fantastic. Then again I did buy mine used, that could be why the quality is below. Guess I'll never know whether if its because they were used or just poor quality. I recommend you buy them brand new. I will not be buying any used speakers from amazon again. I will update this review once I buy another pair of speakers and will let you know whether it was because these speakers were used or just crap.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2012
This is suck, i receive one pair the punch series, NOT power series.

The punch series not have crossover, and is 60 W rms, I've been robbed!, what can I do????????? please help....
on November 16, 2012
These speakers are awesome. They are really clean sounding which was a concern of mine. They can handle more power than what they are rated at. I don't think you can find a better deal if you need speakers that can handle the power.
on January 16, 2012
great speaker worth every dollar. so much cheaper then goin to the store n buying them especially when this site is legit great sounding speaker .u can hear every note n a huge differences from ur last set of speakers