Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on June 16, 2011
Yes, the bag is small, and yes, the price seems a bit expensive for the amount of product you recieve, but it does exactly what it says it will do...get rid of funk! I used the same pouch for 2 months, and just ran out, and still have no stinkies...keep reading to find out how.

I first purchased this when we bought a new front loader bc our top loader went kaput, and the stinkies started creeping in on our diapers. Before rockin green, i used charlies soap exclusively on all of our laundry, so i fugured it was just the new machine not using enough water. I ran about 10 cycles to strip my diapers, 3 full washes a couple soaks and lots of extra rinses, hoping that it would take care of things, but my babies (twins) still smelled like poop every time their diapers got even the slightest bit wet. I went online and searched and searched, and finally decided on changing up our detergent, and purchased this to help get through all that stink. When i got it home, heres what i did...

First, i started withan overnight soak with a few tablespoons of just rockin green detergent, to cut through any detergent or mineral buildup we might have. Then a full cold rinse, hot wash (no detergent), double rinse cycle. After that, i was really just sick of washing diapers, and the other laundry was starting to pile up, since diapers had been monopolizing the washer, so i dried them and folded them for use. I could already tell a difference after just this step, though there was still a bit of lingering stink. On the next wash day, did a full wash cycle, like i would normally, then i rocked a funk rock soak, overnight with 4 tbsp of the funk rock. In the morning, i ran another regular wash cycle (cold rinse, hot wash, double rinse) adding a scoop of rockin green detergent to the hot wash. Then i dried and folded them for use. I was amazed at the difference after that!

I have been using rockin green and funk rock for about two months now, and havent had a single stinky diaper since i started using it. I just ran out of the funk rock last night. After the original 4tbsp overnight soak, i have used the funk rock every other wash, just 1 to 1/2 tbsp in a soak (30 min- 6 hours, depending on when it got started) just to head off any ammonia buildup that might be trying to creep in on the diapers. That paired with washes using rockin green detergent has kept the stinkies at bay. Im about to purchase more, and would expect this package to last another 2-3 months.

So, for all of you who are concerned about the cost of this product, i would remind you that the only time it should be necessary to do a 4tbsp soak is the first use. After that it should be just a simple matter of prevention, and less can be used. If you are having frequent buildup problems even while using this product, i would propose that the issue may lie with your washing routine/machine (too little water, not enough rinses, etc).

Oh, and i just thought id add, i actually have some old fuzzibunz that i got for free bc they were repelling, and even after multiple strippings, and many, many washes (i was using them as covers so they were washed 2-3 times a week for nearly 5 months before finding this product) the inside fleece still repelled liquid. Well i noticed the other day that the fleece was feeling softer than usual and decided to test acouple on my twins. I stuffed them and put them on, and to my surprise, they didnt leak! Amazing! Cant say enough good about this stuff, and the rockin green brand!
1111 comments|120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2011
I've only used the Funk Rock on 3 loads of diaper laundry (thanks to the tiny size of the bag), but I've found that while it works just fine to reduce the ammonia smell, it doesn't completely eradicate it and at such a high price, that's what I'd expect. Why not just incorporate this ingredient into the regular Rockin' Green detergents or sell it in larger quantities for a more reasonable price. It seems like a lot to ask when it's a product obviously meant to make up for the detergent's shortcomings. Just my opinion, but YMMV.
55 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 12, 2015
this is currently saving my diapers. my baby boy has some serious ammonia in his pee. i have a front load efficiency LG washer. i have started using the bouncer in the prewash cycle on the water plus setting and this allows me to avoid having to take the time for soaks.
on March 26, 2016
From word of mouth i had bought this. When i recieved it the first thing i noticed was the adorable packaging that i couldnt help but to giggle at. it is absolutely the best packaging that i have ever seen. i use this for my cloth diapers after trying so many different products to get the stink. at first i was a little baffled by the pricing but after i bought it i would actually spend more just to have it as i have from other places. it is so worth the buy especially if you have pets or funky smelling animals and baby butts ;)

Rockin’ Green eco-friendly cleaning products are for families that care about their health and their planet. Unsatisfied with the “green” cleaning products on the market, Kim, a mom of three, created her own special non-toxic laundry soap formula that works tough on dirt and stains while being gentle to the environment, your family, and your budget. From Kim’s kitchen to now a well-known brand, Rockin’ Green is a family favorite for cleaning all types of spills, messes, stains, and funk around your house.

What makes Rockin’ Green organic cleaners the best? They are…

Biodegradable and made from recycled materials
Recyclable Packaging
Phosphate-Free
Gluten and Vegan Friendly
SLS- and Parabens-Free
Free of optical brighteners
Did you know that Rockin’ Green was created for the most sensitive skin (great for babies!) and made from distillations of natural essential oils?
on August 23, 2015
I used to use this stuff periodically when my daughter was in diapers and it worked wonders. More recently, I have quite a pile of microfiber dish towels and cleaning rags which used to soak up water wonderfully. Lately, the water has just beaded up and the microfiber isn't absorbent at all. I tried washing them several times in hot water with no soap, but had very little improvement. Soaked them in some Funk Rock and they're doing much better.
on June 21, 2014
I bought this after I noticed my cloth diapers having a very strong ammonia smell to them. I'm new to cloth diapering (only 2 months experience) and I thought for sure my diapers were just going to have this horrible smell to them forever and it was just part of cloth diapering. I almost always sun dry my diapers and I thought that would keep the smell down. After some research I stumbled across Rocking Green Funk Rock and thought I'd give it a go. Well I'm happy to report that after doing a 30 minute soak in this stuff followed by my regular wash it seems to of done the trick. I also now use a tablespoon of it in my pre-rinse wash as per the instructions on the packaging. Its been about a month since my initial soak and I'm starting to notice the ammonia smell coming back again. So I'm thinking to keep the smell at bay I will do a monthly soak in the Funk Rock and hopefully that will keep the smell to a minimum.
on July 16, 2015
This did not help my diapers at all! My poor daughter kept getting ammonia burns. I was using cloth detergent and someone suggested this. Not only is it very expensive for a small amount, it didn't get my diapers clean.
Once I stripped my diapers with an RLR solution and switched to regular laundry detergent and got a good wash routine, that took care of the smell and burns.
on July 16, 2013
I've been using the Funk Rock in my prewash for our bumGenius One-Size Snap Closure Cloth Diaper 4.0 for about 4 months now and we have not had any build up or ammonia odor. I use 1 tbsp of the Funk Rock in my prewash and then 2 tbsps of the Rockin' Green Cloth Diaper & Laundry Detergent (Classic Rock, Bare Naked Babies) in my hot wash cycle every time I wash diapers which is about every 2 days (every other day). I have found that I have to make sure my washer fills up COMPLETELY for the prewash and regular wash (our washer has an auto-fill leveler; it's a top loader) and to make sure that the washer is not filled up more than half way to get the diapers clean and free of ammonia. Believe me, it makes all the difference to for your diapers to have plenty of water and lots of room to agitate! I've been wondering if only using 1/2 tbsp of funk rock in the prewash would work just as good? May try that soon.
on February 16, 2014
I bought Funk Rock in hopes that it would take the stink out of my Bumgenius diapers. I tried stripping them and bleaching and sun bleaching but the ammonia smell still clung to them. Funk Rock did the trick and the stink has not come back. It is important to do the overnight soak first to take the initial buildup out. Then all you have to do is put a little in the wash each time and the stink stays away. I am amazed at how well this product works, I was very skeptical but I have been using it now for six months with consistent results. Funk Rock is something you must have in your diaper washing toolbox.
on June 13, 2014
I haven't used it, but get to hear how awesome it is from my wife. Before using it our cloth diapers (we use Fuzzybunz and Bum Genius brands) were starting to get a permanent odor that lingered after washing and seemed to intensify the smell of dirty diapers. She uses this monthly and we haven't had any odor issues since