5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy!
Published on September 15, 2011 by MBlake

1.0 out of 5 stars Kind of disappointed
I purchased this set a few months (around March/April 2012) back for a trip to Disney, both a 6 day cruise and a jaunt at the park in Florida. When I received the luggage, I was very impressed. It felt nice, looked very nice and all the things that moved and opened did so with ease and fluid motion. I did; however, notice a very strong VOC odor in the suitcases...
Published 21 months ago by Ebias

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy!, September 15, 2011
I recently purchased this luggage set after researching several different brands. I loved the set as soon as I received it, but wondered how it would hold up while being shuffled from airport to airport. I'm happy to say it survived it's first flight without a scratch. The material is very sturdy and held up extremely well. The only complaint I had was the black marks left on it from the conveyor belts. However, I was able to wipe those off using a damp cloth and some spray cleaner. I would definitely recommend this luggage set. It was very affordable and includes four actual suitcases instead of the normal useless duffle and travel bags.

1.0 out of 5 stars Kind of disappointed, July 2, 2012
Ebias (Charleston, WV) - See all my reviews

I did see that all the other reviews regarding the listing of 1200d Nylon vs 1680d Nylon (I think those are the numbers) were correct. The listing STILL shows the incorrect number as 1680d and not the actual 1200d (SHAME ON YOU AMAZON FOR NOT FIXING THIS AFTER ALL THE MENTIONS OF IT).

I used the suitcases (all four in the set) for my trip (this was the first and only trip as of yet with these suitcases) from WV to Florida. The trip was arranged like this (I realize this is long and detailed, but I want you to see the extent of use).

1. House to car
2. Car to airport
3. Airport to connecting flight
4. Connecting flight to final airport
5. Final airport to van and van to hotel
6. Hotel to bus
7. Bus to cruise ship (Yahoo!)
8. Cruise ship to bus (Blah!)
9. Bus to resort
10. Resort to taxi
11. Taxi to airport
12. Airport to connecting flight
13. Connecting flight to airport
14. Airport to car
15. Car to home :-(

On step 8, I just about got my hand cut off. The handles of the suitcases are kind of like a fabric tube, with a flat piece of metal through the tube. Both ends tuck neatly into the the top of suitcase fabric, with the fabric being tucked in while the metal piece has holes in each end, secured to the suitcase with rivets. It appears that one of the rivets did not hit the hole in the metal strap and they came apart. When I grabbed it, the metal came out and just about sliced my hand open. I fought this from step 11 above to step 15 and was reminded yesterday (2 months later) when my mom about cut her hand moving the suitcase in our spare room and grabbed the metal strap.

I realize that warranty issues arise and sometimes mistakes are made in the manufacturing process; hence, the included warranty. My main reason for the 1 star is because I didn't keep the small papers/cardboard pieces attached to the suitcase. When I came home from the trip and was ready to try to get the warranty service, I could not find a website or any information on how to get to the warranty or contact the company. I may have overlooked it, but I simply get the feeling that they did not want someone to easily warranty the product. This was outside Amazon's return policy timeframe (two months after purchase), so that was not an option. At this point, it looks like like I will have to drill out the rivets and secure the strap myself before I, or one of my family members, loses a hand.

OK, so here it is in a nutshell.

The Good:
-The storage compartments in the suitcases are spacious and the suitcase allows for zippered expansion (very nice touch).
-The inside of each suitcase is very nice, with a nice look.
-The wheels roll very well and the spinners are GREAT.
-The handles extend and retract with ease and they all seem to have a good, solidly sounding click when engaged.
-The outside of each suitcase is very clean cut, with nice lines. They are very nice to look at and were easy to spot in the baggage return.

The Bad:
-Stink, stank, stunk.....The interiors of the suitcases had a definite VOC smell to them, more so than I felt comfortable with knowing that my 4 year old was using one. You need to let them air out before your trip and store them with a good spray of Febreeze and some air fresheners or laundry sheets.
-The handle broke and about de-handed me after only a few short days on the FIRST use.
-The warranty information and/or website was not readily found. (Still isn't found) Shame!

I hope this helps.

Good travels to all.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised, but not bad, October 7, 2011
Mike (Omaha, NE) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rockland Luggage Impact Spinner Four-Piece Luggage Set (Apparel)
luggage was the correct color and looked good. Have not traveled with it yet. The details state that it is 1680D nylon, but it is only 1200D nylon. It looks to be decently built. The sides are a plastic-like foam, so it gives it a little more support and shape, instead of being just nylon material. Overall, I like them. 3 Stars for misinformation about the product. Otherwise, I would have rated it a 4.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy, May 10, 2012
Handle broke the first time i used it (prior to the airline baggage handlers having a shot at it). Very cheap construction. Amazon return policy will not replace because I did not use them soon enough to break them. I recommend buying from a store where you can examine the product and can return if defective. Also read the Amazon return policy before any future purchases. Buyer beware!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value for the price, April 24, 2012
We have used these for many trips now and my only complaint is that the expand section zipper clasp on the largest one came off completely on the first trip.

All the rest are fine and no zippers parts were lost since then. And of course, we could have returned the whole set for a replacement, but didn't bother as we decided that it wasn't worth the hastle to return for just that one clasp.

For the price they really are a good value and have stood up to my husbands constant air travel very well.

I was especially pleased that the second to smallest one is big enough to fit my Wii exercise board and still is considered a carry-on.

2.0 out of 5 stars It is ok, but it is not that robust luggage, June 1, 2012
Howdy!

I purchased this luggage for an international trip that my wife and two kids were going to have. The sizes of the luggage is fine, however, I got really disappointed when I lifted the luggage twice and one the handlers got broken. I did not pack excessive weight since the 30' luggage was weighting 50 pounds. I could not describe how surprised I was. I knew that I got a good deal, but honestly I was expecting more for a set that cost $169. If you are going to buy this set, please be aware that It is not a sturdy luggage set

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect balance of function & price, March 24, 2013
Rei (North Carolina, USA) - See all my reviews
I had run my old suitcase set into the ground and needed something to replace the set.

I wanted something good-looking, efficient to use, and NOT cheap. I don't travel constantly, but I do travel enough that anything cheap would break rather quickly (I'm kinda hard on my luggage). I also specifically wanted a set with fully rotating wheels so that I didn't have to lean everything over just to get it from one place to the next.

This set was perfect for the job. I've had it for a good number of months now and it's holding up great! Plenty of room inside and very easy to move around because of the wheels.

I will warn folks that love to pack heavy: Be careful of over-packing the largest of these suitcases. I had to remove a few things from the largest one and place it into a smaller suitcase because the largest one went over the single suitcase weight restriction for checking bags. I didn't have to move many things at all (just a few article of clothing), but still it could have been much worse if I had gone a little crazy packing that big suitcase (as I sometimes tend to do).

1.0 out of 5 stars Such a let down, January 12, 2013
I was first excited to own this luggage set. I had never owned a spinner set, plus this looked different than the normal black. Everything worked great for the first part of my trip. Note, I only took the largest piece. Upon returning home, I got my luggage from the return and was shocked. The top was completely buckled in. It was as if someone had dropped a 100 lb weight and just smashed it. The side had started to separate at the stitches from the top. I had never seen a piece of luggage come back this damaged before. I've lost all confidence in the other bags and construction of this line. Up until that point though I was completely happy in all aspects of this set. I'm attempting to repair it somewhat just to be able to return it to Amazon with the other bags inside. The search once again resumes for a new set.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Set of Luggage, April 21, 2012
I purchased this set because my 15 year old luggage was falling apart. The set arrived in a rather beat up cardboard box so I was worried that the suitcases would be trashed. They were nested together and covered with heavy duty plastic...not a scratch. I took two of the pieces with me to Ireland. Amazingly, the checked bag arrived in mint condition! The carry on bag was also fine. Any dirt either brushed off or came off with a damp rag. I had no problems with the wheels or the handle.
Pros: Arrived early
Easy to clean
Easy to pack
Very light weight
Seemed to weather the trip to and from Ireland with no damage
Cons: packaging was nasty

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Luggage for the price, June 25, 2012
The luggaqe is a good quality set. It has been through four airports and baggage claim and has held up remarkable well. I really like the spinner wheels. It makes it so easy to walk through the airport. The only reason I didn't give the luggae a 5 start rating is because the largest piece is a bit heavy on it's own. They all are, actually, due to the quality construction. So you may be over the 50 lbs. limit when the largest bag is packed full. I would highly reccomend this set.

ARRAY(0x981a7060)