5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy!
Published on September 15, 2011 by MBlake

1.0 out of 5 stars Kind of disappointed
I purchased this set a few months (around March/April 2012) back for a trip to Disney, both a 6 day cruise and a jaunt at the park in Florida. When I received the luggage, I was very impressed. It felt nice, looked very nice and all the things that moved and opened did so with ease and fluid motion. I did; however, notice a very strong VOC odor in the suitcases...
Published on July 2, 2012 by Ebias

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy!, September 15, 2011
I recently purchased this luggage set after researching several different brands. I loved the set as soon as I received it, but wondered how it would hold up while being shuffled from airport to airport. I'm happy to say it survived it's first flight without a scratch. The material is very sturdy and held up extremely well. The only complaint I had was the black marks left on it from the conveyor belts. However, I was able to wipe those off using a damp cloth and some spray cleaner. I would definitely recommend this luggage set. It was very affordable and includes four actual suitcases instead of the normal useless duffle and travel bags.

1.0 out of 5 stars Kind of disappointed, July 2, 2012
Ebias (Charleston, WV) - See all my reviews

I did see that all the other reviews regarding the listing of 1200d Nylon vs 1680d Nylon (I think those are the numbers) were correct. The listing STILL shows the incorrect number as 1680d and not the actual 1200d (SHAME ON YOU AMAZON FOR NOT FIXING THIS AFTER ALL THE MENTIONS OF IT).

I used the suitcases (all four in the set) for my trip (this was the first and only trip as of yet with these suitcases) from WV to Florida. The trip was arranged like this (I realize this is long and detailed, but I want you to see the extent of use).

1. House to car
2. Car to airport
3. Airport to connecting flight
4. Connecting flight to final airport
5. Final airport to van and van to hotel
6. Hotel to bus
7. Bus to cruise ship (Yahoo!)
8. Cruise ship to bus (Blah!)
9. Bus to resort
10. Resort to taxi
11. Taxi to airport
12. Airport to connecting flight
13. Connecting flight to airport
14. Airport to car
15. Car to home :-(

On step 8, I just about got my hand cut off. The handles of the suitcases are kind of like a fabric tube, with a flat piece of metal through the tube. Both ends tuck neatly into the the top of suitcase fabric, with the fabric being tucked in while the metal piece has holes in each end, secured to the suitcase with rivets. It appears that one of the rivets did not hit the hole in the metal strap and they came apart. When I grabbed it, the metal came out and just about sliced my hand open. I fought this from step 11 above to step 15 and was reminded yesterday (2 months later) when my mom about cut her hand moving the suitcase in our spare room and grabbed the metal strap.

I realize that warranty issues arise and sometimes mistakes are made in the manufacturing process; hence, the included warranty. My main reason for the 1 star is because I didn't keep the small papers/cardboard pieces attached to the suitcase. When I came home from the trip and was ready to try to get the warranty service, I could not find a website or any information on how to get to the warranty or contact the company. I may have overlooked it, but I simply get the feeling that they did not want someone to easily warranty the product. This was outside Amazon's return policy timeframe (two months after purchase), so that was not an option. At this point, it looks like like I will have to drill out the rivets and secure the strap myself before I, or one of my family members, loses a hand.

OK, so here it is in a nutshell.

The Good:
-The storage compartments in the suitcases are spacious and the suitcase allows for zippered expansion (very nice touch).
-The inside of each suitcase is very nice, with a nice look.
-The wheels roll very well and the spinners are GREAT.
-The handles extend and retract with ease and they all seem to have a good, solidly sounding click when engaged.
-The outside of each suitcase is very clean cut, with nice lines. They are very nice to look at and were easy to spot in the baggage return.

The Bad:
-Stink, stank, stunk.....The interiors of the suitcases had a definite VOC smell to them, more so than I felt comfortable with knowing that my 4 year old was using one. You need to let them air out before your trip and store them with a good spray of Febreeze and some air fresheners or laundry sheets.
-The handle broke and about de-handed me after only a few short days on the FIRST use.
-The warranty information and/or website was not readily found. (Still isn't found) Shame!

I hope this helps.

Good travels to all.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value for the price, April 24, 2012
We have used these for many trips now and my only complaint is that the expand section zipper clasp on the largest one came off completely on the first trip.

All the rest are fine and no zippers parts were lost since then. And of course, we could have returned the whole set for a replacement, but didn't bother as we decided that it wasn't worth the hastle to return for just that one clasp.

For the price they really are a good value and have stood up to my husbands constant air travel very well.

I was especially pleased that the second to smallest one is big enough to fit my Wii exercise board and still is considered a carry-on.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy, May 10, 2012
This review is from: Rockland Luggage Impact Spinner Four-Piece Luggage Set (Apparel)
Handle broke the first time i used it (prior to the airline baggage handlers having a shot at it). Very cheap construction. Amazon return policy will not replace because I did not use them soon enough to break them. I recommend buying from a store where you can examine the product and can return if defective. Also read the Amazon return policy before any future purchases. Buyer beware!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not role well, August 6, 2013
Flying a lot, I always had suitcase envy when I saw folks effortfully pushing their suitcases so I decided to purchase this set.
Poor quality on the handle which feels week and unstable prevents you from trolling the suitcase correctly and when you try to just do the old roll on 2 wheels, it is very stiff,

Would not recommend at all, wish I could have gotten my money back,

2.0 out of 5 stars It is ok, but it is not that robust luggage, June 1, 2012
Howdy!

I purchased this luggage for an international trip that my wife and two kids were going to have. The sizes of the luggage is fine, however, I got really disappointed when I lifted the luggage twice and one the handlers got broken. I did not pack excessive weight since the 30' luggage was weighting 50 pounds. I could not describe how surprised I was. I knew that I got a good deal, but honestly I was expecting more for a set that cost $169. If you are going to buy this set, please be aware that It is not a sturdy luggage set

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised, but not bad, October 7, 2011
Mike (Omaha, NE) - See all my reviews
luggage was the correct color and looked good. Have not traveled with it yet. The details state that it is 1680D nylon, but it is only 1200D nylon. It looks to be decently built. The sides are a plastic-like foam, so it gives it a little more support and shape, instead of being just nylon material. Overall, I like them. 3 Stars for misinformation about the product. Otherwise, I would have rated it a 4.

1.0 out of 5 stars Such a let down, January 12, 2013
I was first excited to own this luggage set. I had never owned a spinner set, plus this looked different than the normal black. Everything worked great for the first part of my trip. Note, I only took the largest piece. Upon returning home, I got my luggage from the return and was shocked. The top was completely buckled in. It was as if someone had dropped a 100 lb weight and just smashed it. The side had started to separate at the stitches from the top. I had never seen a piece of luggage come back this damaged before. I've lost all confidence in the other bags and construction of this line. Up until that point though I was completely happy in all aspects of this set. I'm attempting to repair it somewhat just to be able to return it to Amazon with the other bags inside. The search once again resumes for a new set.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the time, February 11, 2013
This luggage is not well made. The zipper on the large bag came apart after the very first time I used it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Handles are weak - can easily be broken, July 30, 2012
Initially thought Looks good and worth buying before using it. I bought these luggages for my abroad trip. The buttons/screw applied for the handles are very very weak design. Seems, Manufactures/seller didn't care much about handles stress volume depends on the size of the luggages. And that loosy nuts in handles. Small kids can plug it out.

Here is my experience, The big one's handle broken while check-in at airport. At the destination airport, the second bigger one's handle also broken. Luckily, the rest two pieces still having handles. Just fed up with this carry items. Some how managed to using ropes tie the luggages across and made a rope handle in it. When I tried fixing it in bag works, it costs me half the price for what I bought. There is no international warranty on it.

To new buyers, Think twice, thrice before making purchase. If you wanna suffer like me, go ahead click purchase. I'd recommend you to go with branded items even little expensive than these useless baggages. Otherwise, you will end up experiencing like me.
Not Worth of spending money! critical return policy too.