5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy!
Published on September 15, 2011 by MBlake

1.0 out of 5 stars Kind of disappointed
I purchased this set a few months (around March/April 2012) back for a trip to Disney, both a 6 day cruise and a jaunt at the park in Florida. When I received the luggage, I was very impressed. It felt nice, looked very nice and all the things that moved and opened did so with ease and fluid motion. I did; however, notice a very strong VOC odor in the suitcases...
Published on July 2, 2012 by Ebias

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy!, September 15, 2011
I recently purchased this luggage set after researching several different brands. I loved the set as soon as I received it, but wondered how it would hold up while being shuffled from airport to airport. I'm happy to say it survived it's first flight without a scratch. The material is very sturdy and held up extremely well. The only complaint I had was the black marks left on it from the conveyor belts. However, I was able to wipe those off using a damp cloth and some spray cleaner. I would definitely recommend this luggage set. It was very affordable and includes four actual suitcases instead of the normal useless duffle and travel bags.

1.0 out of 5 stars Kind of disappointed, July 2, 2012
Ebias (Charleston, WV) - See all my reviews

I did see that all the other reviews regarding the listing of 1200d Nylon vs 1680d Nylon (I think those are the numbers) were correct. The listing STILL shows the incorrect number as 1680d and not the actual 1200d (SHAME ON YOU AMAZON FOR NOT FIXING THIS AFTER ALL THE MENTIONS OF IT).

I used the suitcases (all four in the set) for my trip (this was the first and only trip as of yet with these suitcases) from WV to Florida. The trip was arranged like this (I realize this is long and detailed, but I want you to see the extent of use).

1. House to car
2. Car to airport
3. Airport to connecting flight
4. Connecting flight to final airport
5. Final airport to van and van to hotel
6. Hotel to bus
7. Bus to cruise ship (Yahoo!)
8. Cruise ship to bus (Blah!)
9. Bus to resort
10. Resort to taxi
11. Taxi to airport
12. Airport to connecting flight
13. Connecting flight to airport
14. Airport to car
15. Car to home :-(

On step 8, I just about got my hand cut off. The handles of the suitcases are kind of like a fabric tube, with a flat piece of metal through the tube. Both ends tuck neatly into the the top of suitcase fabric, with the fabric being tucked in while the metal piece has holes in each end, secured to the suitcase with rivets. It appears that one of the rivets did not hit the hole in the metal strap and they came apart. When I grabbed it, the metal came out and just about sliced my hand open. I fought this from step 11 above to step 15 and was reminded yesterday (2 months later) when my mom about cut her hand moving the suitcase in our spare room and grabbed the metal strap.

I realize that warranty issues arise and sometimes mistakes are made in the manufacturing process; hence, the included warranty. My main reason for the 1 star is because I didn't keep the small papers/cardboard pieces attached to the suitcase. When I came home from the trip and was ready to try to get the warranty service, I could not find a website or any information on how to get to the warranty or contact the company. I may have overlooked it, but I simply get the feeling that they did not want someone to easily warranty the product. This was outside Amazon's return policy timeframe (two months after purchase), so that was not an option. At this point, it looks like like I will have to drill out the rivets and secure the strap myself before I, or one of my family members, loses a hand.

OK, so here it is in a nutshell.

The Good:
-The storage compartments in the suitcases are spacious and the suitcase allows for zippered expansion (very nice touch).
-The inside of each suitcase is very nice, with a nice look.
-The wheels roll very well and the spinners are GREAT.
-The handles extend and retract with ease and they all seem to have a good, solidly sounding click when engaged.
-The outside of each suitcase is very clean cut, with nice lines. They are very nice to look at and were easy to spot in the baggage return.

The Bad:
-Stink, stank, stunk.....The interiors of the suitcases had a definite VOC smell to them, more so than I felt comfortable with knowing that my 4 year old was using one. You need to let them air out before your trip and store them with a good spray of Febreeze and some air fresheners or laundry sheets.
-The handle broke and about de-handed me after only a few short days on the FIRST use.
-The warranty information and/or website was not readily found. (Still isn't found) Shame!

I hope this helps.

Good travels to all.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value for the price, April 24, 2012
We have used these for many trips now and my only complaint is that the expand section zipper clasp on the largest one came off completely on the first trip.

All the rest are fine and no zippers parts were lost since then. And of course, we could have returned the whole set for a replacement, but didn't bother as we decided that it wasn't worth the hastle to return for just that one clasp.

For the price they really are a good value and have stood up to my husbands constant air travel very well.

I was especially pleased that the second to smallest one is big enough to fit my Wii exercise board and still is considered a carry-on.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy, May 10, 2012
This review is from: Rockland Luggage Impact Spinner Four-Piece Luggage Set (Apparel)
Handle broke the first time i used it (prior to the airline baggage handlers having a shot at it). Very cheap construction. Amazon return policy will not replace because I did not use them soon enough to break them. I recommend buying from a store where you can examine the product and can return if defective. Also read the Amazon return policy before any future purchases. Buyer beware!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised, but not bad, October 7, 2011
Mike (Omaha, NE) - See all my reviews
luggage was the correct color and looked good. Have not traveled with it yet. The details state that it is 1680D nylon, but it is only 1200D nylon. It looks to be decently built. The sides are a plastic-like foam, so it gives it a little more support and shape, instead of being just nylon material. Overall, I like them. 3 Stars for misinformation about the product. Otherwise, I would have rated it a 4.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like the luggage, but I wasn't expecting the color, March 11, 2013
I like the luggage, but the picture did not prepare me for what I received. I relied on the picture when I made this purchase and did not notice that the name of the color was "Olive". The luggage on the picture looks more like a pewter color which is what I wanted, but the luggage I received is definitely olive. Not a deal-breaker, but I definitely would have selected "black" if the picture reflected the true color of the set.

4.0 out of 5 stars Luved this luggage so much, I purchased another set!!, January 17, 2013
Thunderhawki (Capitol Heights, MD) - See all my reviews
Okay, so I am a frequent international traveler... While I was home in the States for the Christmas holiday, I decided to purchase another luggage set (as my last set had lasted me for 3 good years, buuut was starting to look rather tattered). I researched several of the top brands, but really didn't want to put too much money into a set because TSA just destroys your luggage; for me, it just seems an unavoidable reality and so I no longer purchase Tumi or brands like that anymore. Anyway, this set seemed to fit the bill in terms of size and durability. Now, some reviews complain about the nylon, but really anything over 1000 was good enou for me. And this set is strong!! I travelled to Western Africa with it and it survived! There was only marginal wear and scuff marks from the travel, so I was super impressed. And I traveled business class, so this set had 70 pounds on the two larger pieces. I used the third piece as a carry on (it's only 1 inch larger than carry on size, and no one really paid it much attention). I really do need four large pieces, so I decided to order a second set so that I have the top two of each as my primary luggage, and I'll give the smaller two to my parents for domestic travel. Anyway, clearly I like this set if I'm purchasing it twice. And the burgandy color is great, as it stands out (which is a requirement for me).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for the money, June 25, 2012
Glad we bought this set, and we plan to buy another. For the money, we're ecstatic. Have used them on four one week trips, and they've held up just fine. This is my first time using the 4 wheelers vs. two. I like the 4 wheels because they don't tip over when left alone and are great for moving along in lines. They stick out a little more than the two wheelers, but I prefer this style. I've had expensive Samsonite luggage, but the zippers kept wearing out. This set was 1/5 of the price and seems nearly as well. Was also pleasantly surprised at the compartment ergonomics - numerous well placed pouches. Great set.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great price, average product, May 21, 2012
As of yesterday, I used every piece of this luggage set. I used the 2nd largest size for a cruise, while my girlfriend used the largest size. This was the first test of the endurance of these bags. Well, mine made it back OK. The large one, however, got a nice, long tear right down the seam. It looked like maybe it was handled a bit rough by the airlines, but they do not take responsibilities for damage done at the seams. I can't blame them.... it DEFINITELY looks like poor craftsmanship. The threading at the seam just started to come undone and now the largest suitcase is unusable (until I can take it to a shoe shop to get it repaired.... how many of those still exist?!).

That being said.... I've not had a problem with the other 3 bags and they have seemed to hold up just fine. I took off a star because of the poor quality of the largest bag (didn't even last a single trip) but I will keep it at 4 stars because, lets face it.... the price is amazing. I wasn't even really mad that it tore. I've always been of the opinion "you get what you pay for". So when I bought this, I certainly wasn't expecting it to last forever. Longer than 1 trip would have been nice.... but still a reasonable luggage set nonetheless. I would recommend it if you have a need for several different sized bags (I use the smallest for my 2 days trips, the largest for international trips) and don't travel enough to justify spending lots of money for a "nice" luggage set.

UPDATE: 2 years later, I see that the price has gone up around 15-20%. As far as the bags go, they 3 smaller ones are still in great shape! And I have been travelling a lot more recently. Never did get the largest bag repaired... but I also have not needed it.

2.0 out of 5 stars It is ok, but it is not that robust luggage, June 1, 2012
Howdy!

I purchased this luggage for an international trip that my wife and two kids were going to have. The sizes of the luggage is fine, however, I got really disappointed when I lifted the luggage twice and one the handlers got broken. I did not pack excessive weight since the 30' luggage was weighting 50 pounds. I could not describe how surprised I was. I knew that I got a good deal, but honestly I was expecting more for a set that cost $169. If you are going to buy this set, please be aware that It is not a sturdy luggage set

Rate and Discover Movies