Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rockland Four-Piece Impact Spinner Luggage Set (18"/22"/ 26"/30")
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on September 15, 2011
I recently purchased this luggage set after researching several different brands. I loved the set as soon as I received it, but wondered how it would hold up while being shuffled from airport to airport. I'm happy to say it survived it's first flight without a scratch. The material is very sturdy and held up extremely well. The only complaint I had was the black marks left on it from the conveyor belts. However, I was able to wipe those off using a damp cloth and some spray cleaner. I would definitely recommend this luggage set. It was very affordable and includes four actual suitcases instead of the normal useless duffle and travel bags.
11 comment| 236 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 2, 2012
I purchased this set a few months (around March/April 2012) back for a trip to Disney, both a 6 day cruise and a jaunt at the park in Florida. When I received the luggage, I was very impressed. It felt nice, looked very nice and all the things that moved and opened did so with ease and fluid motion. I did; however, notice a very strong VOC odor in the suitcases.

I did see that all the other reviews regarding the listing of 1200d Nylon vs 1680d Nylon (I think those are the numbers) were correct. The listing STILL shows the incorrect number as 1680d and not the actual 1200d (SHAME ON YOU AMAZON FOR NOT FIXING THIS AFTER ALL THE MENTIONS OF IT).

I used the suitcases (all four in the set) for my trip (this was the first and only trip as of yet with these suitcases) from WV to Florida. The trip was arranged like this (I realize this is long and detailed, but I want you to see the extent of use).

1. House to car
2. Car to airport
3. Airport to connecting flight
4. Connecting flight to final airport
5. Final airport to van and van to hotel
6. Hotel to bus
7. Bus to cruise ship (Yahoo!)
8. Cruise ship to bus (Blah!)
9. Bus to resort
10. Resort to taxi
11. Taxi to airport
12. Airport to connecting flight
13. Connecting flight to airport
14. Airport to car
15. Car to home :-(

On step 8, I just about got my hand cut off. The handles of the suitcases are kind of like a fabric tube, with a flat piece of metal through the tube. Both ends tuck neatly into the the top of suitcase fabric, with the fabric being tucked in while the metal piece has holes in each end, secured to the suitcase with rivets. It appears that one of the rivets did not hit the hole in the metal strap and they came apart. When I grabbed it, the metal came out and just about sliced my hand open. I fought this from step 11 above to step 15 and was reminded yesterday (2 months later) when my mom about cut her hand moving the suitcase in our spare room and grabbed the metal strap.

I realize that warranty issues arise and sometimes mistakes are made in the manufacturing process; hence, the included warranty. My main reason for the 1 star is because I didn't keep the small papers/cardboard pieces attached to the suitcase. When I came home from the trip and was ready to try to get the warranty service, I could not find a website or any information on how to get to the warranty or contact the company. I may have overlooked it, but I simply get the feeling that they did not want someone to easily warranty the product. This was outside Amazon's return policy timeframe (two months after purchase), so that was not an option. At this point, it looks like like I will have to drill out the rivets and secure the strap myself before I, or one of my family members, loses a hand.

OK, so here it is in a nutshell.

The Good:
-The storage compartments in the suitcases are spacious and the suitcase allows for zippered expansion (very nice touch).
-The inside of each suitcase is very nice, with a nice look.
-The wheels roll very well and the spinners are GREAT.
-The handles extend and retract with ease and they all seem to have a good, solidly sounding click when engaged.
-The outside of each suitcase is very clean cut, with nice lines. They are very nice to look at and were easy to spot in the baggage return.

The Bad:
-Stink, stank, stunk.....The interiors of the suitcases had a definite VOC smell to them, more so than I felt comfortable with knowing that my 4 year old was using one. You need to let them air out before your trip and store them with a good spray of Febreeze and some air fresheners or laundry sheets.
-The handle broke and about de-handed me after only a few short days on the FIRST use.
-The warranty information and/or website was not readily found. (Still isn't found) Shame!

I hope this helps.

Good travels to all.
99 comments| 346 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 10, 2012
Handle broke the first time i used it (prior to the airline baggage handlers having a shot at it). Very cheap construction. Amazon return policy will not replace because I did not use them soon enough to break them. I recommend buying from a store where you can examine the product and can return if defective. Also read the Amazon return policy before any future purchases. Buyer beware!!
11 comment| 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2013
I was first excited to own this luggage set. I had never owned a spinner set, plus this looked different than the normal black. Everything worked great for the first part of my trip. Note, I only took the largest piece. Upon returning home, I got my luggage from the return and was shocked. The top was completely buckled in. It was as if someone had dropped a 100 lb weight and just smashed it. The side had started to separate at the stitches from the top. I had never seen a piece of luggage come back this damaged before. I've lost all confidence in the other bags and construction of this line. Up until that point though I was completely happy in all aspects of this set. I'm attempting to repair it somewhat just to be able to return it to Amazon with the other bags inside. The search once again resumes for a new set.
on February 11, 2013
This luggage is not well made. The zipper on the large bag came apart after the very first time I used it.
on August 27, 2015
I'm very disappointed. My fiancée and I bought these to use on our honeymoon. I was carrying the largest one to my room in order to pack. The side handle broke for no apparent reason and with no weight in it. Now my fiancée and I have nothing to use for our honeymoon, considering our money was used to buy this awful piece of craftsmanship. I'm very disappointed in the product to break before it's actually been used and in Amazon to be selling such a piece of junk.
review image
on March 24, 2013
I had run my old suitcase set into the ground and needed something to replace the set.

I wanted something good-looking, efficient to use, and NOT cheap. I don't travel constantly, but I do travel enough that anything cheap would break rather quickly (I'm kinda hard on my luggage). I also specifically wanted a set with fully rotating wheels so that I didn't have to lean everything over just to get it from one place to the next.

This set was perfect for the job. I've had it for a good number of months now and it's holding up great! Plenty of room inside and very easy to move around because of the wheels.

I will warn folks that love to pack heavy: Be careful of over-packing the largest of these suitcases. I had to remove a few things from the largest one and place it into a smaller suitcase because the largest one went over the single suitcase weight restriction for checking bags. I didn't have to move many things at all (just a few article of clothing), but still it could have been much worse if I had gone a little crazy packing that big suitcase (as I sometimes tend to do).
on April 21, 2013
I bought the luggage set February 2013 for my vacation April 13 2013 to Virginia. Well I'm very disappointed one of the rollers collapsed and ripped by the wheel. Also it ripped buy the zipper to ,I am very upset. I got rid of a luggage set that I had for 10 years and that set never ripped,ugh I'm so pissed. Now I'm stuck with cheap luggage. I'm going on another trip September to the Dominican Republic and I have poorly made luggage.
on April 7, 2015
I just bought these because they are 1200D WaterResistant Nylon and have a 5 year warranty. I've included a photo of the card attached to each piece. They look great and I checked the functionality of all the zippers. I'm taking two of them on a trip to Mexico and will update my review in two weeks with their overall performance. So far I'm impressed with the quality and the look.
review image
on June 12, 2013
Bought this set a few months ago, I am very happy with it overall. After a month of US Airways baggage handlers, everything is still working properly, handles still move, wheels spin, etc, which usually isn't the case. Happy with the quality of the luggage, good quality bags for very short dollars.