Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on September 15, 2011
I recently purchased this luggage set after researching several different brands. I loved the set as soon as I received it, but wondered how it would hold up while being shuffled from airport to airport. I'm happy to say it survived it's first flight without a scratch. The material is very sturdy and held up extremely well. The only complaint I had was the black marks left on it from the conveyor belts. However, I was able to wipe those off using a damp cloth and some spray cleaner. I would definitely recommend this luggage set. It was very affordable and includes four actual suitcases instead of the normal useless duffle and travel bags.
11 comment220 of 225 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 2, 2012
I purchased this set a few months (around March/April 2012) back for a trip to Disney, both a 6 day cruise and a jaunt at the park in Florida. When I received the luggage, I was very impressed. It felt nice, looked very nice and all the things that moved and opened did so with ease and fluid motion. I did; however, notice a very strong VOC odor in the suitcases.

I did see that all the other reviews regarding the listing of 1200d Nylon vs 1680d Nylon (I think those are the numbers) were correct. The listing STILL shows the incorrect number as 1680d and not the actual 1200d (SHAME ON YOU AMAZON FOR NOT FIXING THIS AFTER ALL THE MENTIONS OF IT).

I used the suitcases (all four in the set) for my trip (this was the first and only trip as of yet with these suitcases) from WV to Florida. The trip was arranged like this (I realize this is long and detailed, but I want you to see the extent of use).

1. House to car
2. Car to airport
3. Airport to connecting flight
4. Connecting flight to final airport
5. Final airport to van and van to hotel
6. Hotel to bus
7. Bus to cruise ship (Yahoo!)
8. Cruise ship to bus (Blah!)
9. Bus to resort
10. Resort to taxi
11. Taxi to airport
12. Airport to connecting flight
13. Connecting flight to airport
14. Airport to car
15. Car to home :-(

On step 8, I just about got my hand cut off. The handles of the suitcases are kind of like a fabric tube, with a flat piece of metal through the tube. Both ends tuck neatly into the the top of suitcase fabric, with the fabric being tucked in while the metal piece has holes in each end, secured to the suitcase with rivets. It appears that one of the rivets did not hit the hole in the metal strap and they came apart. When I grabbed it, the metal came out and just about sliced my hand open. I fought this from step 11 above to step 15 and was reminded yesterday (2 months later) when my mom about cut her hand moving the suitcase in our spare room and grabbed the metal strap.

I realize that warranty issues arise and sometimes mistakes are made in the manufacturing process; hence, the included warranty. My main reason for the 1 star is because I didn't keep the small papers/cardboard pieces attached to the suitcase. When I came home from the trip and was ready to try to get the warranty service, I could not find a website or any information on how to get to the warranty or contact the company. I may have overlooked it, but I simply get the feeling that they did not want someone to easily warranty the product. This was outside Amazon's return policy timeframe (two months after purchase), so that was not an option. At this point, it looks like like I will have to drill out the rivets and secure the strap myself before I, or one of my family members, loses a hand.

OK, so here it is in a nutshell.

The Good:
-The storage compartments in the suitcases are spacious and the suitcase allows for zippered expansion (very nice touch).
-The inside of each suitcase is very nice, with a nice look.
-The wheels roll very well and the spinners are GREAT.
-The handles extend and retract with ease and they all seem to have a good, solidly sounding click when engaged.
-The outside of each suitcase is very clean cut, with nice lines. They are very nice to look at and were easy to spot in the baggage return.

The Bad:
-Stink, stank, stunk.....The interiors of the suitcases had a definite VOC smell to them, more so than I felt comfortable with knowing that my 4 year old was using one. You need to let them air out before your trip and store them with a good spray of Febreeze and some air fresheners or laundry sheets.
-The handle broke and about de-handed me after only a few short days on the FIRST use.
-The warranty information and/or website was not readily found. (Still isn't found) Shame!

I hope this helps.

Good travels to all.
99 comments312 of 335 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 10, 2012
Handle broke the first time i used it (prior to the airline baggage handlers having a shot at it). Very cheap construction. Amazon return policy will not replace because I did not use them soon enough to break them. I recommend buying from a store where you can examine the product and can return if defective. Also read the Amazon return policy before any future purchases. Buyer beware!!
11 comment70 of 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2013
This luggage is not well made. The zipper on the large bag came apart after the very first time I used it.
on March 24, 2013
I had run my old suitcase set into the ground and needed something to replace the set.

I wanted something good-looking, efficient to use, and NOT cheap. I don't travel constantly, but I do travel enough that anything cheap would break rather quickly (I'm kinda hard on my luggage). I also specifically wanted a set with fully rotating wheels so that I didn't have to lean everything over just to get it from one place to the next.

This set was perfect for the job. I've had it for a good number of months now and it's holding up great! Plenty of room inside and very easy to move around because of the wheels.

I will warn folks that love to pack heavy: Be careful of over-packing the largest of these suitcases. I had to remove a few things from the largest one and place it into a smaller suitcase because the largest one went over the single suitcase weight restriction for checking bags. I didn't have to move many things at all (just a few article of clothing), but still it could have been much worse if I had gone a little crazy packing that big suitcase (as I sometimes tend to do).
0Comment19 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2012
I searched a while for luggage and decided on this set. I was very happy with these and have used them several times... Durable, practible, and cute!
on January 12, 2013
I was first excited to own this luggage set. I had never owned a spinner set, plus this looked different than the normal black. Everything worked great for the first part of my trip. Note, I only took the largest piece. Upon returning home, I got my luggage from the return and was shocked. The top was completely buckled in. It was as if someone had dropped a 100 lb weight and just smashed it. The side had started to separate at the stitches from the top. I had never seen a piece of luggage come back this damaged before. I've lost all confidence in the other bags and construction of this line. Up until that point though I was completely happy in all aspects of this set. I'm attempting to repair it somewhat just to be able to return it to Amazon with the other bags inside. The search once again resumes for a new set.
on December 27, 2011
Great sturdy luggage... Love it I would recommended this product to anyone. I got it for the holidays and so for they are holding up to a lot of abuse by kids.
on June 3, 2013
I was skeptical on ordering luggage online. When these showed uop, I was thrilled! They are beautiful and I think they will last quite a long time!
on October 7, 2011
luggage was the correct color and looked good. Have not traveled with it yet. The details state that it is 1680D nylon, but it is only 1200D nylon. It looks to be decently built. The sides are a plastic-like foam, so it gives it a little more support and shape, instead of being just nylon material. Overall, I like them. 3 Stars for misinformation about the product. Otherwise, I would have rated it a 4.
0Comment46 of 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse