Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Shop Now HTL

on September 15, 2011
I recently purchased this luggage set after researching several different brands. I loved the set as soon as I received it, but wondered how it would hold up while being shuffled from airport to airport. I'm happy to say it survived it's first flight without a scratch. The material is very sturdy and held up extremely well. The only complaint I had was the black marks left on it from the conveyor belts. However, I was able to wipe those off using a damp cloth and some spray cleaner. I would definitely recommend this luggage set. It was very affordable and includes four actual suitcases instead of the normal useless duffle and travel bags.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 2, 2012
I purchased this set a few months (around March/April 2012) back for a trip to Disney, both a 6 day cruise and a jaunt at the park in Florida. When I received the luggage, I was very impressed. It felt nice, looked very nice and all the things that moved and opened did so with ease and fluid motion. I did; however, notice a very strong VOC odor in the suitcases.

I did see that all the other reviews regarding the listing of 1200d Nylon vs 1680d Nylon (I think those are the numbers) were correct. The listing STILL shows the incorrect number as 1680d and not the actual 1200d (SHAME ON YOU AMAZON FOR NOT FIXING THIS AFTER ALL THE MENTIONS OF IT).

I used the suitcases (all four in the set) for my trip (this was the first and only trip as of yet with these suitcases) from WV to Florida. The trip was arranged like this (I realize this is long and detailed, but I want you to see the extent of use).

1. House to car
2. Car to airport
3. Airport to connecting flight
4. Connecting flight to final airport
5. Final airport to van and van to hotel
6. Hotel to bus
7. Bus to cruise ship (Yahoo!)
8. Cruise ship to bus (Blah!)
9. Bus to resort
10. Resort to taxi
11. Taxi to airport
12. Airport to connecting flight
13. Connecting flight to airport
14. Airport to car
15. Car to home :-(

On step 8, I just about got my hand cut off. The handles of the suitcases are kind of like a fabric tube, with a flat piece of metal through the tube. Both ends tuck neatly into the the top of suitcase fabric, with the fabric being tucked in while the metal piece has holes in each end, secured to the suitcase with rivets. It appears that one of the rivets did not hit the hole in the metal strap and they came apart. When I grabbed it, the metal came out and just about sliced my hand open. I fought this from step 11 above to step 15 and was reminded yesterday (2 months later) when my mom about cut her hand moving the suitcase in our spare room and grabbed the metal strap.

I realize that warranty issues arise and sometimes mistakes are made in the manufacturing process; hence, the included warranty. My main reason for the 1 star is because I didn't keep the small papers/cardboard pieces attached to the suitcase. When I came home from the trip and was ready to try to get the warranty service, I could not find a website or any information on how to get to the warranty or contact the company. I may have overlooked it, but I simply get the feeling that they did not want someone to easily warranty the product. This was outside Amazon's return policy timeframe (two months after purchase), so that was not an option. At this point, it looks like like I will have to drill out the rivets and secure the strap myself before I, or one of my family members, loses a hand.

OK, so here it is in a nutshell.

The Good:
-The storage compartments in the suitcases are spacious and the suitcase allows for zippered expansion (very nice touch).
-The inside of each suitcase is very nice, with a nice look.
-The wheels roll very well and the spinners are GREAT.
-The handles extend and retract with ease and they all seem to have a good, solidly sounding click when engaged.
-The outside of each suitcase is very clean cut, with nice lines. They are very nice to look at and were easy to spot in the baggage return.

The Bad:
-Stink, stank, stunk.....The interiors of the suitcases had a definite VOC smell to them, more so than I felt comfortable with knowing that my 4 year old was using one. You need to let them air out before your trip and store them with a good spray of Febreeze and some air fresheners or laundry sheets.
-The handle broke and about de-handed me after only a few short days on the FIRST use.
-The warranty information and/or website was not readily found. (Still isn't found) Shame!

I hope this helps.

Good travels to all.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 10, 2012
Handle broke the first time i used it (prior to the airline baggage handlers having a shot at it). Very cheap construction. Amazon return policy will not replace because I did not use them soon enough to break them. I recommend buying from a store where you can examine the product and can return if defective. Also read the Amazon return policy before any future purchases. Buyer beware!!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2013
This luggage is not well made. The zipper on the large bag came apart after the very first time I used it.
on August 6, 2013
Flying a lot, I always had suitcase envy when I saw folks effortfully pushing their suitcases so I decided to purchase this set.
Poor quality on the handle which feels week and unstable prevents you from trolling the suitcase correctly and when you try to just do the old roll on 2 wheels, it is very stiff,

Would not recommend at all, wish I could have gotten my money back,
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

I purchased this luggage for an international trip that my wife and two kids were going to have. The sizes of the luggage is fine, however, I got really disappointed when I lifted the luggage twice and one the handlers got broken. I did not pack excessive weight since the 30' luggage was weighting 50 pounds. I could not describe how surprised I was. I knew that I got a good deal, but honestly I was expecting more for a set that cost $169. If you are going to buy this set, please be aware that It is not a sturdy luggage set
on March 10, 2012
I searched a while for luggage and decided on this set. I was very happy with these and have used them several times... Durable, practible, and cute!
on April 24, 2012
We have used these for many trips now and my only complaint is that the expand section zipper clasp on the largest one came off completely on the first trip.

All the rest are fine and no zippers parts were lost since then. And of course, we could have returned the whole set for a replacement, but didn't bother as we decided that it wasn't worth the hastle to return for just that one clasp.

For the price they really are a good value and have stood up to my husbands constant air travel very well.

I was especially pleased that the second to smallest one is big enough to fit my Wii exercise board and still is considered a carry-on.
on March 24, 2013
I had run my old suitcase set into the ground and needed something to replace the set.

I wanted something good-looking, efficient to use, and NOT cheap. I don't travel constantly, but I do travel enough that anything cheap would break rather quickly (I'm kinda hard on my luggage). I also specifically wanted a set with fully rotating wheels so that I didn't have to lean everything over just to get it from one place to the next.

This set was perfect for the job. I've had it for a good number of months now and it's holding up great! Plenty of room inside and very easy to move around because of the wheels.

I will warn folks that love to pack heavy: Be careful of over-packing the largest of these suitcases. I had to remove a few things from the largest one and place it into a smaller suitcase because the largest one went over the single suitcase weight restriction for checking bags. I didn't have to move many things at all (just a few article of clothing), but still it could have been much worse if I had gone a little crazy packing that big suitcase (as I sometimes tend to do).
on December 27, 2011
Great sturdy luggage... Love it I would recommended this product to anyone. I got it for the holidays and so for they are holding up to a lot of abuse by kids.