5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING bag!
Published on December 7, 2011 by E. Z. Wood

1.0 out of 5 stars Add $50 in baggage fees if you use this bag with Delta
Published on April 1, 2012 by Conspicuous Consumer

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING bag!, December 7, 2011
Now that I have had this bag for an adquate amount of time, I can truly say it is AMAZING and an incredible value. Similar bags cost a lot more and I doubt if they can perform better. I have taken this bag to Nigeria and on countless domestic trips packed to the GILLS to avoid having to check and it has held up very well. I love all the pockets and the zippers are VERY strong. It does get a little wobbly roll going on when I have it really stuffed, but that's to be expected. It usually stands up by itself if I pack it right, and the outside straps enable me to attach things (pillow, jacket, etc.) to the outside. I have packed up to 2 weeks worth of clothes into this bag and, best of all, even when totally stuffed, it has always fit into overhead bins, even on fairly small planes.

5.0 out of 5 stars very roomy bag, July 13, 2010
I bought this bag for my daughter to take on a week long trip. I was surprised at how easy the wheels rolled and the construction of the bag for the price. It was very roomy and able to fit a lot of stuff. I also bought another one of a different color for myself. I loved the bag. It made it through 2 international flights and a lot of hauling around.

1.0 out of 5 stars Add $50 in baggage fees if you use this bag with Delta, April 1, 2012
Conspicuous Consumer (Georgia Regents University) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Rockland Luggage 22 Inch Rolling Duffle Bag (Apparel)
As of April 2012, this bag does not qualify as a carry-on with Delta. I tried wheeling it past the gate guard at Atlanta and Boston and got stopped both times. It does not fit in the carry-on measurement guide and I had to check it. Empty it's 23" x 11" x 13." The extra inch in the height doesn't matter but that extra inch in length does. Because I've already used the bag, I can't return it. Bummer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas presents 2010, December 18, 2010
I bought two of these for my grandduaghters and after seening
the quality I went back for a third. They are roomy, designer
colors and very usable. Think Ill get one for my self.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect week (or weekend) bag..., February 28, 2012
Kimberly P. (Rockville, MD, USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this bag as a secondary bag for a two week trip to Guatemala. I check regular sized luggage for the plane ride over, but need a smaller bag for mini-trips within the country. This was perfect.

The bag has hand straps and a shoulder strap to carry, but if it's too heavy, then you can just roll it! I didn't expose this bag to real, tough terrain or anything, but it was great for my casual traveler needs.

The dimensions qualify this bag as a carry on, but I took this bag on a trip to Chicago and my return flight was on a smaller plane. My bag wouldn't fit in the overhead cabin. I had to take out a jacket and then it fit...so just take note of whether you're cramming too much in there.

Also, to address some of the other reviews about the smell. It's true; the bag did have a factory/industrial smell when it first arrived, but I just Febreezed it overnight and it was fine. The smell was gone.

Overall, I would totally recommend getting this bag.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the dimensions published., May 2, 2011
This bag is larger than it says in the published dimensions -- on both Amazon and the ebags website. It is longer and total linear dimensions greater than what is allowed for carry-on by the airline. Also as other reviewers noted PVC reek is oppressive. When I called ebags to return it the lady was rude and refused to return my shipping costs -- fortunately Amazon took care of that (I love you Amazon!).

So if you're looking for a carry-on bag look elsewhere.

1.0 out of 5 stars bag won't stand up when on wheels, January 14, 2012
This review is from: Rockland Luggage 22 Inch Rolling Duffle Bag (Apparel)
I like the adjustable size of this bag (you can cinch it down to a more compact size when you don't need the extra space).

However, in my opinion this bag is unusable because the end of the bag next to the wheels has no structural support (just cloth). Because of this, when wheeling the bag around you can't stand the bag up (e.g., while standing in line at the airport) -- it will tip over. The only choices are to hold the bag up by the extended handle the whole time you're in line, or close down the handle and set it down on the base (at which point you have to pick up the bag every time you move forward in line).

Also when my bag arrived it smelled strongly like creosote. I left it sitting outside in the sunshine for 4-5 days to get rid of (most of) the smell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this bag!, January 18, 2011
Krystyne (Oceanside, CA) - See all my reviews
This bag is beautiful! Great quality and actually much bigger than I expected. I'm expecting a baby in about 3 months, and got this so that I can get my hospital bag ready, and I'm very pleased with the quality and size of this bag. It also rolls very smoothly. It also arrived at my house 5 days earlier than the expected delivery date, so that was an additional plus.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't hold up beyond 1 trip, April 22, 2013
Allen (Rum Point, Cayman Islands) - See all my reviews
We bought a couple of these for quick weekend trips and of the three we purchased only 1 is still functioning. The first bag bottom wore through while using the built in wheels. The 2 other bags have had the zipper seam let go.

Definitely would not recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Getting rid of the smell, May 26, 2012
This review is from: Rockland Luggage 22 Inch Rolling Duffle Bag (Apparel)
I ordered a black bag and it, like so many others said, it did smell of plastic/petroleum when it arrived. I put it in the sunshine all morning and it still smelled (not horrible, but still...). I put two unscented dryer sheets in it for an hour or so; and while it helped, it wasn't cured. Then, I found a solution. Don't laugh. It was citrus-scented Spic 'n Span. It really worked! I put some on a paper towel, scrubbed the inside of the bag and then wiped it down with a wet paper towel. I left it out in the sun for another hour, and when I checked it again it didn't smell at all. Eureka! Spic 'n Span! Try it! It's a great bag- and for the price, is definitely worth the extra effort!

Rockland Luggage 22 Inch Rolling Duffle Bag