Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rockland Luggage 22 Inch Rolling Duffle Bag
Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on June 5, 2014
Bought these in three different colors/styles for my three older girls, and they love them. Very easy to pack, and unpack. Easy to roll around, easy to see what's inside when packed. Lots of great pockets and not too heavy. They can be folded/ collapsed down for easy storage. We used them on family vacation for three years in a row on car trips, and hotels. They held up surprisingly well for the price paid. We plan on using them again for vacation this summer. The construction is sturdy with reinforced stitching and piping on all the corners. They don't do well standing on their own unless you have fully and evenly packed all four corners of the bag.The zipper pulls are large, and the zippers have large teeth. We have packed these to bulging, an have never had a zipper rip or bust on us, nor a handle, nor a carry strap, nor a wheel. There is a shoulder strap, two handheld straps, and a end-of-bag strap. Giving you multiple carry options. The wheels are clear, large, and durable with treads. The handle can be compressed down into the bag, and zipped closed to be carried as a regular duffle. I'm 5'4" and the handle when fully extended comes to above my waist. The material is an vinyl-type and seems to be water resistant. These are perfect for my 10, 9,and 4 year olds to pull themselves. I can imagine if you had to stay somewhere longer than a couple weeks, these would probably not be big enough for you. The colors are bright, and true to the photos shown. The size looks like 24" long unpacked. I have checked out all the other bags and prices and reviews on Amazon, and Walmart.com, and this one is the best value for the size. I also love that there are so many prints to choose from. I plan on buying one for myself for short overnight and weekend trips, and possibly another for my baby to keep her clothing separate from the big girls on vacation. The only thing is, we have not tried to take them on a plane yet. I would recommend this bag to anyone. For the price, it's amazing. If you want cheaper, go to a yard sale. (Check out my customer images of the prints that we have for sizes, and colors.)
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
22 comments| 139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2011
Now that I have had this bag for an adquate amount of time, I can truly say it is AMAZING and an incredible value. Similar bags cost a lot more and I doubt if they can perform better. I have taken this bag to Nigeria and on countless domestic trips packed to the GILLS to avoid having to check and it has held up very well. I love all the pockets and the zippers are VERY strong. It does get a little wobbly roll going on when I have it really stuffed, but that's to be expected. It usually stands up by itself if I pack it right, and the outside straps enable me to attach things (pillow, jacket, etc.) to the outside. I have packed up to 2 weeks worth of clothes into this bag and, best of all, even when totally stuffed, it has always fit into overhead bins, even on fairly small planes.
22 comments| 280 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 13, 2010
I bought this bag for my daughter to take on a week long trip. I was surprised at how easy the wheels rolled and the construction of the bag for the price. It was very roomy and able to fit a lot of stuff. I also bought another one of a different color for myself. I loved the bag. It made it through 2 international flights and a lot of hauling around.
0Comment| 162 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 28, 2012
I got this piece of luggage for a 5 day trip to Mexico. It was MUCH bigger then I thought! I'm 19 years old and not a person who over packs for trips. I was worried it would be a bit to small, but once I got it it was so big!! I got the Icon patterned one, which looks amazing! Everything on it works! All the zippers, the wheels and the retractable handle bar. It also had no over powering smell to it like some people have claimed, actually it really doesn't have a smell at all! It came early, which I expected since everyone else claimed they got there early too. It's super cute, fully functional and perfect for short to medium long trips! I can't wait to show it off to my sister, haha!
review image
As of April 2012, this bag does not qualify as a carry-on with Delta. I tried wheeling it past the gate guard at Atlanta and Boston and got stopped both times. It does not fit in the carry-on measurement guide and I had to check it. Empty it's 23" x 11" x 13." The extra inch in the height doesn't matter but that extra inch in length does. Because I've already used the bag, I can't return it. Bummer.

Addendum 5/2015: Given the number of people who's bag was the stated 22", either these bags vary in sizing based on fabric choice or Fox Luggage is now making sure that all of the bags are 22". When you get a new bag, measure it filled quickly so that you have time to return the bag if it's too big.
2424 comments| 290 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 18, 2010
I bought two of these for my grandduaghters and after seening
the quality I went back for a third. They are roomy, designer
colors and very usable. Think Ill get one for my self.
on February 28, 2012
I bought this bag as a secondary bag for a two week trip to Guatemala. I check regular sized luggage for the plane ride over, but need a smaller bag for mini-trips within the country. This was perfect.

The bag has hand straps and a shoulder strap to carry, but if it's too heavy, then you can just roll it! I didn't expose this bag to real, tough terrain or anything, but it was great for my casual traveler needs.

The dimensions qualify this bag as a carry on, but I took this bag on a trip to Chicago and my return flight was on a smaller plane. My bag wouldn't fit in the overhead cabin. I had to take out a jacket and then it fit...so just take note of whether you're cramming too much in there.

Also, to address some of the other reviews about the smell. It's true; the bag did have a factory/industrial smell when it first arrived, but I just Febreezed it overnight and it was fine. The smell was gone.

Overall, I would totally recommend getting this bag.
on February 12, 2013
It's kinda scary when there's a warning on the bag about a dangerous chemical in the product you just ordered! It's a smelly one. It does not work as a carry on. If you want a cheaply made duffle bag with harmful chemicals, this is your bag!
on November 30, 2014
Reading other reviews I kind of knew what I was getting myself in to. I just want to keep some stuff in the car and won't move this around much but even so it's still worse than I expected and clearly the manufacturer knows this since the 5 year free replacement has a $40 "handling" charge for an item that sells for $28.

Secondly, not only does it smell some toxic waste, there is a Cancer warning sticker covering up the warranty with the $40 handling charge. Not joking.

I wanted to throw a hoody in here and keep it in the car along with some wires but now I'm worried about.
review image
on May 4, 2015
I ordered this for a trip, it was a great size for a carry on piece of luggage and it fit fine in the overhead compartments. The problem came after using it simply wheeling it through the airport where one of the wheels broke off rendering it useless as a rolling duffle. I wanted to like this product especially for the cute design and ease of use but unfortunately it is cheaply made and didn't make it through one trip. I shudder to think of what would have happened to it if I'd checked it. :(
review image review image