5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Hospital Bag!
I bought this because I am 35 weeks pregnant and needed to get a hospital bag packed for me and my husband. I wanted a fun print for afterwards I could use as a gym bag or an overnight bag for me or the baby is needed. It came within three days and I am very satisfied. Lots of space and lots of pockets! I am very, very pleased with this purchase!
Published 19 months ago by H. Carlin

1.0 out of 5 stars Not made very well
I purchased this as a Christmas gift. Cute bag, however, After only ONE use, the bag start too pull away from the zipped. No worries right because it has a three year warranty right. WRONG! THERE IS A $25 S/H charge. The bag was only $17.
Published on January 15, 2012 by Rocketgirl007

1.0 out of 5 stars Not made very well, January 15, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, and the warranty is crap, April 3, 2012
I had originally purchased this bag (except that it is the black and white plaid design one) in late March 2011. I had left a positive review here on Amazon under that particular bag, but now I have run into a problem with the bag, and Amazon will not let me edit my review as they are not selling the design that I purchased at the moment. Therefore, although the design of this one is different, the brand, size, and features (two front pockets, two side pockets) are all the same as the one I have, so I felt compelled to write another review and let fellow Amazon buyers know my issue with Rockland.

As I noted previously, I purchased the duffle bag in late March 2011. I thought the bag was great, as all aspects of the bag seemed to be sturdy. However, no more than 6-8 uses, and less than one year later (on March 13, 2012), I was packing for a trip. I had eight shirts in the bag, went to pick it up to put my curling iron in it, and I heard a tear! Upon further inspection of the bag, I noticed that it had tore at the seam on the left side (a good size tear, I would say about 5-6 inches maybe). I went to the store and bought another bag for my trip, since I was in a hurry, I didn't have time to shop around for one that was comparable to the size of the Rockland duffle bag that had tore, but I thought "I'll suck it up and use the new one now even though its much smaller, and deal with the torn one when I get home, it has a warranty".

When I got home, I decided to try and take care of the problem, no big deal, right? WRONG! I contacted "Fox Luggage" (apparently the makers of Rockland), and they emailed me the warranty claim form. On the form, it noted that I had to send them the bag back so they could "inspect it" and ensure that it would be convered under warranty, along with $25 for handling. Well, I didn't expect them to ship me a new one without seeing what had happened to the one I had, and I didn't expect that they would ship me out another one for free either, but I thought $25 was outrageous seeing as to how the bag costed me $20 here on Amazon last year, and the same exact one that I have is on clearance at Target for $14.44 (as of 4/3/12)! I emailed them again and told them that such a warranty would only benefit someone who purchased one of their more "higher priced" luggage sets, and it would do me, or anyone else that had purchased this duffle bag (or even the one with wheels) no good. It wasn't surprising that I never heard back from them.

Now normally, I am NOT the type of consumer to "complain", (particularly for a $20 product that I can now purchase for $14), but I was very disappointed in the way Fox Luggage handled this. The bag that I have has NEVER seen an airport, bus or train station, it has only seen the trunk of my car (6-8 times as noted previously). It still looks BRAND NEW (except for the tear on the side), and even smells brand new! Had I got a couple of years use out of it, and at least another 6-8 uses, I probably wouldn't be here, but I feel that I totally got ripped off, and their customer service was not very good either. So much for the compliments on my bag, I wonder how many I will get now that I tell everyone that Rockland (Fox Luggage) was so unhelpful.

In closing, I truly wish companies would not boast about their "warranty" unless they are willing to [fairly] follow through with it for each customer who purchased their product. Regardless of whether the bag was $500 or $14, it's only fair that the company ensure that regardless of how much each customer spent on their product, they have a fair opportunity to make use of the warranty that is given should they need to. But, I guess according to Fox Luggage (Rockland), only those who purchase higher priced products are worthy of being able to fairly take advantage of their warranty-what a shame. I will never purchase another Fox Luggage product again, and I will be sure to share my personal experience and opinions about Fox Luggage (Rockland) to anyone who is willing to listen. I went ahead and purchased the same bag again from Target for $14, but I will be returning it tomorrow as I will not knowingly support a company that makes a 3 year warranty one of their major selling points, and instead uses it to disadvantage its consumers a second time.

1.0 out of 5 stars This bag contains chemicals known to cause cancer and birth defects, April 7, 2013
This review is from: Rockland Luggage 19 Inch Tote Bag (Apparel)
Just received this bag, and saw this warning for the first time attached to the tag. It would be nice to have this warning on the product page so that we can see it before we purchase the product

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT HAPPY!!!!!!, June 26, 2013
I bought this product and used it only TWICE with baby clothes in it and it tore!!!!!!!!!!!! I want a new product!!!! Please help!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning Label, February 9, 2014
This bag is cute, but when I received it there was a small sticker on it that said the chemicals used to manufacture it have been known to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive issues. They didn't say anything about this on the product page and I am extremely disappointed because I was planning to use it for my flight in 5 days and I have no other options for suitcases. Add the $25 shipping and handling fee to return this, and it turns out it was just a waste of time and money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Hospital Bag!, May 21, 2013
H. Carlin (Haddon Township, NJ) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!!, March 31, 2012
Nickai Dumham (Detroit, Mi United States) - See all my reviews
this luggage is awesome. its a good size for a 2-4 day trip, lots of pockets to put smaller stuff in. the color pink was a little darker that i was expecting, not to darker so dont worry about the color. there was one thing that did not see on the bag was on the over the shoulder strap, there was no little shoulder padding thing. BUTTT!! no big deal i just thought it was funny that they didnt have one, overall tote is AWESOME and would buy it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars great bag., February 24, 2013
I was hesitant to order this bag and i thought i would have to wait forever for it, it was on my door the next day when i woke up. I love it, i always get complimented on how cute it is and everyone wants one when they see mine. It holds 3 pairs of pants 6 shirts 3 bras and underwares 3 pairs of socks and 4 pajamas plus my streightner. I love it and have used it for months now, it hold perfect and has not got any wear or tear. I love the pockets on the side and front. It is a big deep bag for its price. Great part is when your done it folds up nicely. Would definally recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Size, June 7, 2012
JHabs (Pennsylvania, PA) - See all my reviews
There's nothing I hate more than sitting at the airport with my carry on luggage waiting to board and praying I can squeeze my suitcase in along with everyone else. This bag solved that issue! It's lightweight and holds WAY more than I thought it would and the best part is that I can squeeze it into smaller spaces or tuck it away under the seat in front of me, if necessary. I usually carry one change of clothes with me in my carry on but this allowed me to carry a couple changes of clothes, my Kindle, flip flops, makeup, cell phone, neck pillow, and so much more! So now while all those people with their over-sized "carry on baggage" fight to get on the plane first I can sit back and relax knowing I'll have no trouble with my bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars great carry on, December 28, 2012
Bought this bag as a carry on for a weekend trip. Worked perfectly for what I wanted it for. Held up very well.

Rockland Luggage 19 Inch Tote Bag, Black, One Size