Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Outdoors Gift Guide on HTL

on December 14, 2012
After having a lot of my stuff trashed on recent flights due to baggage handlers, I decided that I wanted hardside luggage. I have also been fortunate enough to have my luggage lost repeatedly, so I wanted something easy to identify. At the moment, there are not many people who fly with "orange" luggage, so identifying my missing bags is always easy. My last set was orange, and I don't think I could go back to anything less "high profile" with respect to appearance.

With that said, there are a couple of things to keep in mind with this set:

1) Hardside does not equal hard case. The components are likely vacuum formed, and are fairly thin (0.020"?). As such, they are not rigid, but do seem to maintain their shape. Still a far cry better than standard, soft sided luggage.

2) These are budget pieces, and some aspects of them feel cheap. For example, the extendable handle on the carry-on sized piece, is telescoping. When fully extended, the handle dos not feel very robust. Maybe this is because I like to push the suitcase in an upright position while walking though airports (doing so takes bearing the weight of the suitcase off of you and put it onto the wheels). In this mode of operation the handle deflects about an inch due to the plastic bushings in the telescoping pieces.

3) The casters seem to do quite well. They are smooth and quiet, and seem to roll over most surfaces easily. Short carpet provides some extra resistance, but it isn't too bad. Time will tell how they hold up.

4) The Set is advertised as "Super Lightweight", this is true. The suitcases are very light. I would be willing to forgo a little weight savings for the rigidity of a thicker shell. But, again, these are budget minded pieces. The advertising scheme is that with a lighter case, you can pack more of your belongings inside without risk of being "overweight" on the airlines' scales. I figure that the weight savings equate to an extra change of underwear and socks. So, I'm not sure this is a tremendous advantage, as much as it is a marketing ploy. Also, I have high enough frequent flyer status that I do not pay for baggage. So, for me this is a moot point.

Overall, these are decent pieces, but I expect that they will be worn out in 4 or 5 years. I fly a lot, so your mileage may vary...
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2014
Used for 1 trip only and the 24" size is broken on the bottom. Try to look for replacement on the parts but no one respond from Rockland.
review image review image
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 11, 2012
I travel 2 weeks out of every month for work and needed some more durable luggage. I was concerned about getting hard case luggage because other brands/reviews indicated there was a smell to them upon purchase that wouldn't go away and got into your clothes. I was excited to find that when these arrived they had no strong odor. I let them air out anyway and they have been perfect for my needs - lightweight and very durable. And the color means I don't get my luggage confused with anyone else's. :-)
I haven't had to use the medium or large one (only the carry on) but they appear to be just as great as the carry on. Also, what I didn't see in the item description that was an added bonus is that all 3 of them come with little locks.
All in all, a great purchase - great price, fast delivery by the seller, nice bright color, durability, and exactly what I was looking for.

9/22/15 Update:
This luggage is very light, just as it claims. I overstuffed my carry on bag for 2 years (2 wks per mo, ~10 mo per year) and completely abused it by wheeling it around upright while very heavy (easy 30 lbs in the carry on). Then, at about 2 years I apparently had bent the handle a little too much and so it started sticking a bit when I tried to telescope it down. Rather than fool with it, I replaced the carry on by purchasing a different brand locally. Had the Rockland brand been available locally in a fun color I would have purchased it again. The weight of this luggage is so light and the space on the interior is quite large compared to other brands. I have not used the large & medium size suitcases very much (~2 trips for large and ~5 trips for medium), but both have held up in checked baggage just fine so far. No cracks or broken wheels to report. Note: if the luggage still comes with the locks - they are not TSA approved, so they aren't very useful. Overall, I got my money's worth from these bags and would buy again.
Oh, and the purple luggage has beige interior (since some folks were asking in other reviews/comments).
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2012
Bought the purple set of this luggage last week, packed all three, and headed to Mexico the next day. We are impressed with the ease of movement and transition of the wheels from one direction to another while rolling through the airports. The lightweight but sturdy shells protected the contents well and held up nicely to the treatment they received being thrown in and out of the luggage carts and cargo holds without being overly heavy. It was great not having to pack a separate toiletry bag, because not only did all my clothes and shoes fit in the biggest case, but I did not have to worry about the tubes or bottles being damaged and leaking all over everything. As mentioned in previous reviews, the set was a bit smelly (like new plastic) when it arrived, but I left the cases open overnight after spraying some Febreze in them, and by morning, the odor was completely gone. The liner for the purple set is tan, and I like that one side is completely covered and secured by a zipper, while the opposite side, which has equal packing space, has only the elastic straps to hold items in place. We are very happy with this purchase and plan to buy another set.
on March 15, 2014
Its been a year since I bougth this set, the big one already lost the brand sign and one handle, the mid size a wheel, the carry on still works ok. For me honestly a was te of money...
on June 6, 2013
I have not used the the luggage yet as they arrived today. Overall, I feel like they are durable, wheels are smooth, and they fit nicely inside each other for storage. I'm hopeful they will last long and do well during my travels.

I bought the Red set because Red would stand out when traveling and it is a unisex color so my son could use them for trips. I was shocked when I opened the luggage. The interior fabric is Pink with White polka dots. I am terrible at matching colors but even I know red and baby pink do not match very well. Furthermore, why would anyone decide to use pink with white polka dots for the inside fabric!

Needless to say, my 17 year old son gave me 'the look' and said no way am I using these on a trip! I looked back on the product review and didn't see where it talks about the colors on the inside. I want to buy a new set for my son, but I do not want to get a different color if they all have pink and white polka dots on the inside.
review image review image
on January 12, 2015
Bought this red set for me and a blue set for my wife based on mostly good reviews/price. Just back from first use of this luggage and the liner is already separating from the zipper. It was not overpacked. Not sure why they didn't just use straps like most luggage instead of zipping a very thin and flimsy liner. The other complaint is like many others about the pink polka dot liner. Why not go with gray like the other colored cases? The top handle on both of the large cases (the blue and the red sets I purchased) is now loose and I fully expect it to be completely missing within my next few flights. The brand emblem was also missing from the large case upon arriving at the first leg of my trip.
Again, I think the price point is good, but you obviously get what you pay for.
on September 16, 2015
I know that this item has 600 plus reviews, so there may be little to know chance of me being viewed when a customer comes to a buying decision for this item.

But in the slim chance that an eager customer comes across this review, please read the three points below:..

1. This luggage is priced so low for a reason. (Mine broke within 5 uses, see images)

2. The "WARRANTY" policy is a complete joke (see image below for all of the hoops you have to jump through to return a garbage just to get another garbage bag)

3. Customer service department is hard to get a hold of and then is a completely rude excuse for a Customer Service department. Just an FYI, you are going to want to search for "Fox Luggage" on Google. They hide behind the Rockland brand because it is terrible luggage.

Don't be like me, penny wise and pound foolish. I made the mistake you can avoid.

Spend a little more money and go with a REAL company. Anyone who travels regularly frequently will rip through this luggage in a matter of a few trips.

Amazon's Return Period will be over (30 days) and you will be left with a trashed bag, an asinine return policy designed to de-incentivize you from returning the luggage, a crappy customer service department, and out $125.00 bucks, wishing you spent a little bit more for something worth a damn.

Check these pieces of luggage out instead: Just type the ASIN into the search bar on Or click on links below

Samsonite Luggage Winfield 2 Fashion 28-Inch HS Spinner (28-Inch, Charcoal)
VonHaus 3 Piece Extra Strong ABS Luggage Set Black
Samsonite Luggage Winfield 2 Fashion HS 3 Piece Set, Orange, One Size

You may be asking how I know these are better? Well, simply they are better because they aren't Rockland... Which instantly makes them better than Rockland, a sorry excuse for a manufacturer of luggage.

A pissed off male 23 year old young professional (probably one the groups you are trying to reach in your circus focus groups)
review image review image review image review image
on March 14, 2014
I am taking one star off for 2 reasons.

1. The silver is actually taupe.

2. When the suitcase is open, the top is heavy and moves independently from the base (at the zipper) I feel like if I'm not careful, I'll pull it apart at the seam! I am going to keep the suitcases zipped up at all times to avoid ripping there.

I am uploading a picture so you can see what I mean.
on November 29, 2014
The luggage pieces are beautiful to look at although they have a foul plastic odor which I expected. I have two sets of this luggage. The other one is deep purple. I have them airing out sprayed with fabreeze. I haven't used them for any trip. I'll follow up on how they hold up after our trip to Kenya.
4/26/15: We have just returned from our trip across continents. The luggage survived the long arduous trip and came out without a scratch. It's very easy to pick out from the conveyer belt because of the unique colors. It's attractive and looks more expensive that it is.