4.0 out of 5 stars Priced Appropriately
Published 20 months ago by Sean

1.0 out of 5 stars Wheels are garbage!!
Published 13 months ago by Tiffany DuGal

4.0 out of 5 stars Priced Appropriately, December 14, 2012
After having a lot of my stuff trashed on recent flights due to baggage handlers, I decided that I wanted hardside luggage. I have also been fortunate enough to have my luggage lost repeatedly, so I wanted something easy to identify. At the moment, there are not many people who fly with "orange" luggage, so identifying my missing bags is always easy. My last set was orange, and I don't think I could go back to anything less "high profile" with respect to appearance.

With that said, there are a couple of things to keep in mind with this set:

1) Hardside does not equal hard case. The components are likely vacuum formed, and are fairly thin (0.020"?). As such, they are not rigid, but do seem to maintain their shape. Still a far cry better than standard, soft sided luggage.

2) These are budget pieces, and some aspects of them feel cheap. For example, the extendable handle on the carry-on sized piece, is telescoping. When fully extended, the handle dos not feel very robust. Maybe this is because I like to push the suitcase in an upright position while walking though airports (doing so takes bearing the weight of the suitcase off of you and put it onto the wheels). In this mode of operation the handle deflects about an inch due to the plastic bushings in the telescoping pieces.

3) The casters seem to do quite well. They are smooth and quiet, and seem to roll over most surfaces easily. Short carpet provides some extra resistance, but it isn't too bad. Time will tell how they hold up.

4) The Set is advertised as "Super Lightweight", this is true. The suitcases are very light. I would be willing to forgo a little weight savings for the rigidity of a thicker shell. But, again, these are budget minded pieces. The advertising scheme is that with a lighter case, you can pack more of your belongings inside without risk of being "overweight" on the airlines' scales. I figure that the weight savings equate to an extra change of underwear and socks. So, I'm not sure this is a tremendous advantage, as much as it is a marketing ploy. Also, I have high enough frequent flyer status that I do not pay for baggage. So, for me this is a moot point.

Overall, these are decent pieces, but I expect that they will be worn out in 4 or 5 years. I fly a lot, so your mileage may vary...

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted, August 11, 2012
Amazon Customer (Colorado Springs, CO USA) - See all my reviews
I travel 2 weeks out of every month for work and needed some more durable luggage. I was concerned about getting hard case luggage because other brands/reviews indicated there was a smell to them upon purchase that wouldn't go away and got into your clothes. I was excited to find that when these arrived they had no strong odor. I let them air out anyway and they have been perfect for my needs - lightweight and very durable. And the color means I don't get my luggage confused with anyone else's. :-)
I haven't had to use the medium or large one (only the carry on) but they appear to be just as great as the carry on. Also, what I didn't see in the item description that was an added bonus is that all 3 of them come with little locks.
All in all, a great purchase - great price, fast delivery by the seller, nice bright color, durability, and exactly what I was looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Have luggage, will travel, November 14, 2012
Bought the purple set of this luggage last week, packed all three, and headed to Mexico the next day. We are impressed with the ease of movement and transition of the wheels from one direction to another while rolling through the airports. The lightweight but sturdy shells protected the contents well and held up nicely to the treatment they received being thrown in and out of the luggage carts and cargo holds without being overly heavy. It was great not having to pack a separate toiletry bag, because not only did all my clothes and shoes fit in the biggest case, but I did not have to worry about the tubes or bottles being damaged and leaking all over everything. As mentioned in previous reviews, the set was a bit smelly (like new plastic) when it arrived, but I left the cases open overnight after spraying some Febreze in them, and by morning, the odor was completely gone. The liner for the purple set is tan, and I like that one side is completely covered and secured by a zipper, while the opposite side, which has equal packing space, has only the elastic straps to hold items in place. We are very happy with this purchase and plan to buy another set.

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfactory Luggage, October 31, 2012
Overall I would have to say that this luggage is pretty good. It is quite sturdy, and it has held up pretty well, but we have only used it for 4 flights. It lacks a bit of structural stability, but the handles and wheels are very durrable. I would recommend this to future customers, but you have to make sure that you occupy the entire suitcase or there is a pretty good chance that over time the suitcase structural material will weaken as it is fairly thin. All in allif this would have been built a little bit better I think I would have given it 5 stars and it would probably last 10 or 15 years, but I dont expect it to last over 7 years with flying five or six times a year.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wheels are garbage!!, August 3, 2013
This review is from: Rockland Melbourne 3 Piece Abs Luggage Set (Apparel)
I did a lot of research online and thought this set would be a great one for travel. Boy, did I make a mistake, and I learned my lesson about buying luggage online. I traveled to Japan and brought the "brand new" midsize piece of luggage from this set. On the second day, one of the back wheels broke in half!! It wasn't just the wheel itself that broke but the entire axle that the wheel rolls on, so no hope to fix it or limp it along until I could get it fixed. Now for anyone who is a road warrior and travels a lot like I do, this ruins any hope of an enjoyable trip. Especially when it is a back wheel, which you typically use most as I like to tip and roll my luggage behind me. So I would highly recommend staying away from this luggage, I am sending it back for a refund.

The luggage itself is nice, but a cheaper quality than expected as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay away from these, March 15, 2014
Its been a year since I bougth this set, the big one already lost the brand sign and one handle, the mid size a wheel, the carry on still works ok. For me honestly a was te of money...

3.0 out of 5 stars Great while it lasted, but buyer beware. . ., April 2, 2014
I bought this set over a year ago and was surprised at how light yet sturdy it was for the price. The 4 spinner wheels are great, color is really bright and easy-to-find, and the volume the large suitcase holds is amazing. Unfortunately, after 3 or 4 uses, a wheel on the midsize suitcase completely disintegrated while rolling on some rough pavement such that it was unusable. After swapping with one of the wheels from the smallest suitcase that we weren't using (easy to do by removing the screws from the inside behind the liner), it was ready to go again. Except that on the next trip with the bag, it came through baggage claim with a giant crack down one of the sides. Fortunately, due to great Southwest customer service, they replaced the bag with a new one that they had on hand. The customer service agent said that they've seen lots of these bags with cracks, and that it's probably something to do with the ABS material becoming very brittle at the colder temperatures in the luggage holding area of the planes.

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm Hopeful & Confused, June 6, 2013
I have not used the the luggage yet as they arrived today. Overall, I feel like they are durable, wheels are smooth, and they fit nicely inside each other for storage. I'm hopeful they will last long and do well during my travels.

I bought the Red set because Red would stand out when traveling and it is a unisex color so my son could use them for trips. I was shocked when I opened the luggage. The interior fabric is Pink with White polka dots. I am terrible at matching colors but even I know red and baby pink do not match very well. Furthermore, why would anyone decide to use pink with white polka dots for the inside fabric!

Needless to say, my 17 year old son gave me 'the look' and said no way am I using these on a trip! I looked back on the product review and didn't see where it talks about the colors on the inside. I want to buy a new set for my son, but I do not want to get a different color if they all have pink and white polka dots on the inside.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heading to Cairo, October 31, 2012
I am heading to Cairo tomorrow and will be using the small and large luggage pieces from the set. They did not smell (except for like something new). The lining is really well put together. I went with the silver and it has a nice pattern on the inside. I will post again after the trip and let you know how they survived six connections.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, March 19, 2014
Luggage looks great, and is decently priced in my opinion. How ever after only one trip one of the plastic blocks on the side broke off so I returned it. If you don't want scuff marks all over your luggage after one trip, I suggest looking into something with cloth.

Rate and Discover Movies