Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more

on April 2, 2014
I bought this set over a year ago and was surprised at how light yet sturdy it was for the price. The 4 spinner wheels are great, color is really bright and easy-to-find, and the volume the large suitcase holds is amazing. Unfortunately, after 3 or 4 uses, a wheel on the midsize suitcase completely disintegrated while rolling on some rough pavement such that it was unusable. After swapping with one of the wheels from the smallest suitcase that we weren't using (easy to do by removing the screws from the inside behind the liner), it was ready to go again. Except that on the next trip with the bag, it came through baggage claim with a giant crack down one of the sides. Fortunately, due to great Southwest customer service, they replaced the bag with a new one that they had on hand. The customer service agent said that they've seen lots of these bags with cracks, and that it's probably something to do with the ABS material becoming very brittle at the colder temperatures in the luggage holding area of the planes.
on August 3, 2013
I did a lot of research online and thought this set would be a great one for travel. Boy, did I make a mistake, and I learned my lesson about buying luggage online. I traveled to Japan and brought the "brand new" midsize piece of luggage from this set. On the second day, one of the back wheels broke in half!! It wasn't just the wheel itself that broke but the entire axle that the wheel rolls on, so no hope to fix it or limp it along until I could get it fixed. Now for anyone who is a road warrior and travels a lot like I do, this ruins any hope of an enjoyable trip. Especially when it is a back wheel, which you typically use most as I like to tip and roll my luggage behind me. So I would highly recommend staying away from this luggage, I am sending it back for a refund.

The luggage itself is nice, but a cheaper quality than expected as well.
on March 29, 2013
I typically read reviews pretty carefully before making a purchase, but I saw that this set was well rated and at the right price, and I was in a bit of a hurry, so I just ordered after reading the first couple of reviews. What those didn't tell me, and what other reviews further down did, was that this red luggage set is lined with a baby pink and white poka-dot lining. This luggage set was meant for my husband and two sons, so not only does the pink look horrible with the red (minor problem, especially with inexpensive luggage), but it's just WEIRD. Luckily, my husband doesn't care about silly things like this, my five-year-old was okay (though who knows how he'll feel in a year or two), and my infant doesn't know any better. I'm just confused as to a) why this color was chosen for the inside of this set, and b) why this isn't mentioned anywhere in the product description.

This problem wasn't worth the hassle to ship such a big box back and wait on a replacement set, so we kept the luggage. It served our needs well, and is really very nice for the price in all other regards. But PINK?!?
review image
on June 1, 2014
I hate the fact that I orderd this set for a gift for my husband and he loved the color. He used them last week for the first time. We just got back in town on yesterdayand the luggage looks as he had them for years. Peices fell off, they look so old. I hate that I ever ordered these. They are cheap quality DON'T ORDER SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!
on October 31, 2012
Overall I would have to say that this luggage is pretty good. It is quite sturdy, and it has held up pretty well, but we have only used it for 4 flights. It lacks a bit of structural stability, but the handles and wheels are very durrable. I would recommend this to future customers, but you have to make sure that you occupy the entire suitcase or there is a pretty good chance that over time the suitcase structural material will weaken as it is fairly thin. All in allif this would have been built a little bit better I think I would have given it 5 stars and it would probably last 10 or 15 years, but I dont expect it to last over 7 years with flying five or six times a year.
11 comment|67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 6, 2015
This luggage is not only a great value but it's GORGEOUS and unique. I purchased the wave champagne color and I absolutely love my new luggage set. I've traveled with it three times now, twice internationally and once domestically and all three times it's held up wonderfully. It's easy to maneuver around, easy to spot on the luggage carousel with the unique color and I always get compliments from strangers on how pretty it is. Highly recommend.
review image
on January 28, 2016
Don't buy this garbage luggage set. It is JUNK. All three of the pieces cracked and broke and fell apart after only two trips. So supposedly it has a warranty and I tracked it down though the Fox Luggage website (hard to find but it is Fox that makes Rockland pieces) and the only way Customer Service can be reached is through email. After five emails and no response, I found the phone number and called them and insisted on talking to someone is Customer Service. They wouldn't let me but promised I would get a response via email which I eventually did...but it didn't answer my specific question which was do I have to pay $40 per suitcase for handling? That would cost me $120 for all three plus shipping (another $40ish) and since I only paid $139 for all three...obviously this is a BAD DEAL. It turns out that yes, you have to pay $40 per damaged suitcase to take advantage of the warranty. DO NOT BUY THESE SUITCASES or anything made by FOX LUGGAGE OR ROCKLAND LUGGAGE. Learn from my mistake. A bad review is my only option at this point. Hope it helps someone.
review image review image
on April 19, 2016
I purchased this 3 piece set of Rockland Melbourne spinner luggage January 29, 2016. I used it once. This is the largest piece of the set, it is now unusable. This is just from one flight from the US to Europe (I am stationed overseas). It is supposed to have a 3 year warranty but I can't find a webpage or contact information for Rockland. It makes me wonder if it is counterfeit.

I have had a previous set of Rockland (different model) for 3 years before getting this set. My previous set has traveled to Africa from the US twice, from Africa to Europe four times, US to the Bahamas and back, Serbia to South Korea and back twice, Serbia to Budapest twice, Serbia throughout Romania once (dragged over many cobblestones), Serbia to Italy (again lots of cobblestone draggage and hauling on and off trains, Serbia to the UK and back, Serbia to France and back, Serbia to Turkey and back, Serbia to Greece and back. It's only got some scratches. I bought this set for my 8 year old son and on one flight back to Europe this happens. It wasn't even very full, he's tiny, his clothes don't take up much space. The giant Kylo ren figure took up most of it which doesn't weigh much so it's not like it was overloaded. In the pictures you can see where the corner has completely split (no longer water proof), there's a crack going all the way through the plastic that is over a foot long in total.
review image review image review image
on June 22, 2014
In all fairness, I have two of these sets. The first one, bought in black, 3 years ago has gone to Aruba, Mexico, Italy, France and countless US trips with no problems whatsoever. In March of 2014 I bought an additional set in blue for my son to take on a trip to London in May. After the one trip, all the Rockland logos on the front had fallen off, the small black bumpers on the side had fallen off the big one and a zipper broke. I don't know if they changed who they are using for a manufacturer, but the quality difference is very obvious. I tried to return it and was told I only had a 30 day window for returns. So, we paid $140 for a one time use set of luggage. Very disappointed as we are so happy with the first set we bought. Will not purchase Rockland luggage again.
on December 28, 2015
The luggage itself is strong and great but it has a very pungent smell. I'm still airing it out in the hopes of the smell decreasing. I've never had this problem with luggage before. I have aired this out for over a month and still have this smell.

What's the use of having strong luggage when your clothes smell when you get to your destination.