4.0 out of 5 stars Good set of luggage for a great price
I purchased this set of luggage in July for my annual trip to San Diego Comic Con.

I travel for work and my previous set of luggage died.

Published on August 26, 2011 by Ultimate Ducky

2.0 out of 5 stars Average
The bag is about a year old now... the wheel is broken and the sides are cracking exposing the inside. If you travel regularly (using the airlines) this is not for you
Published on January 16, 2012 by W. Winkley

4.0 out of 5 stars Good set of luggage for a great price, August 26, 2011

I travel for work and my previous set of luggage died.

My wife and I were able to pack all the clothes we needed for the two of us in the next to largest size case. We checked the largest bag empty so that we could ship back toys and swag we picked up at SDCC. I've also used this luggage on a few trips since and it has worked like a charm.

Pros:

Good looking and easy to spot coming off the conveyor. Not your standard black/red/dark blue cases.

Large wheels roll smoothly.

Semi-regid shell with expandable zipper.

Fairly lightweight and smooth action on the handle.

Cons:

Durability? It's an affordable set so I don't expect it to last forever. None of my zippers or seems have ripped so far but I could see that possibly being an issue down the road.

For the price of one "high end" piece of luggage you can have this entire, great looking set. I recommend it highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rockland Luggage, December 15, 2011
I had forgotten our old luggage was destroyed by the airlines on our last trip (I think the airplane itself must have run over it) until we pulled the bags out to inspect them before our upcomming vacation. It was VERY EXPENSIVE and they claimed it had a lifetime warranty. When we called to have it repaired/replaced, it seems it was covered by everything BUT the airlines ... lol. It was the last minnute and we needed something FAST.

The quality of this luggage was impressive for a quick pick up $100.00 4 pc set. It comes with the largest bag that the airlines will now accept without charging extra for oversize, 1 large and 1 medium bag that can be checked and a small carry on. The carry on could be considerably larger and still qualify but with the other 3 it is enough to hold a few overnight items should your luggage get lost/late arrival.

It took the airlines beating and still looks new after 4 flights and 2 connectors. We love this set so far and time will tell how much abuse it will take. We do travel frequently and if it falls apart I will update on how long it lasted. Even if we have to replace this luggage due to wear it was still an incredible value for the money. WE HIGHLY RECOMEND THIS PRODUCT !!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Average, January 16, 2012
This review is from: Rockland Luggage Varsity Polo Equipment 4 Piece Luggage Set (Apparel)

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Set, July 3, 2011
I have used this luggage on two different trips via plane. It is holding up well so far, except the zippers don't seem to be of top quality. Getting four good looking pieces of luggage for this price was a great deal. I believe it will hold up for some years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set of luggage for an even better price, February 18, 2012
Very durable nice looking set of luggage and the price can't be beat
Perfect sizes for check in and carry on...since the max carry on is now 22 inches
And the max weight for international travel is 50 pounds the 26 inch works perfect for that

1.0 out of 5 stars Very dissapointed, September 12, 2011
I took only one flight to destroy both leg support of the medium piece, the luggage cannot stand anymore.
The fabric on the large piece started to peel too. We didn't use the little ones so they are still in good shape.
Not a good product, I have bought sets from target use them in numerous International
flights and they are still working perfectly and at a fraction of the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly designed and built!!!!!, September 11, 2012
I received my new set of luggage beginning of August to use them in a trip by plane. I just came back from my short trip and they are all looking ugly, old, and all the wheels are out of line (crooked), they are about to brake and I didn't carry excessive weight, just the regular. They are a big dissappointment because they look good when brand new but forget it after one trip. I'm not sure the wheels will last another trip, especially the big one. This is a waste of money. Next time I'll pay double for a reliable and durable set.

1.0 out of 5 stars Got crushed 1st trip, August 24, 2011
Jennifer Ryan "SAHM" (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
The fabric looks sturdy, plenty of room inside, and it does expand. I also like that it's wheels are burried, but on my first trip, it got absolutely crushed on the corner. The other thing is that it does not have a side handle. It seems like not a big deal, but the luggage is tall, and is really difficult to maneuver without it.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXTREMELY HAPPY WITH THIS SET!, April 14, 2014
We bought this set for our vacation, the largest one was so big I had a ton of room left. Smooth rolling, very rugged set with the sides feeling like a semi hard case. I highly recommend this luggage set! whether you're going for a week or a month you'll be very happy with the quality as well with the amount you can pack in them. Trust me YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED THAT YOU BOUGHT THEM!

5.0 out of 5 stars ONE OF THE BEST PURCHASES I HAVE EVER MADE!!!, August 8, 2013
I bought this luggage set for my recent travel overseas. I am full satisfied with this set. My wife loves them and I received a lot of compliments from my friends regarding this luggage set. I intend to purchase another set for my next travel overseas. I would highly recommend this luggage set to anybody who does care about his money and does not want to waste his money on bad quality luggage.

Rockland Luggage Varsity Polo Equipment 4 Piece Luggage Set