Top positive review
425 people found this helpful
PERFECT Luggage-LOADS of Compliments
on May 25, 2012
I am a frequent business traveler for the last 15 years (at least 10 trips a year or more) and I have used a lot of different luggage over the years.
This luggage is hands down, the best luggage I have ever used. Here is why:
1. The hard side luggage stands up so nicely to wear and tear. I have used it twice now, and all I had to do was use one of those magic sponges to remove a few scuff marks from the dirty conveyer belt.
2. The 4 wheels are an absolute necessity. They turn flawlessly, allow you to let go of the handle to show ID, get a latte, etc.
3. The handle expands and goes back in like it should. No fumbling or problems and the handle goes down far enough into the case as to not get broken when the baggage handlers throw it around.
4. The inside of the luggage is very practical and roomy. I use the side with the zippered protective cover for my nice business clothes. I roll my pants like towels, lay them on the bottom. Then I layer nicely folded shirts on top, and finish with my three business suit jackets layed on top. That way, when I zip the protective cover, the suit jackets never move in transit-- no matter how they throw it around, the suits stay firmly folded and protective. LOVE THIS! On the other, open side, I put my toiletries, shoes, cell phone plugs, etc. A nice feature is that the protective zipper side is the same side as the cute little metal wing medalion on the outside of the case so that you always know how to open the suitecase to avoid dumping the open area stuff on the ground if you make sure the little medalion is on the top when you unzip the case.
5. The design is so pretty. I bought the "Pucci"...the basic black with pink designs. I cannot tell you how many people commented on the beautiful luggage and asked me where I bought it (and not just women!) They look extremely classy and distictive, and I did not have any problems finding my luggage on the carousel!
Other reviewers have commented on the chemical smell when you receive them. I did have the same smell, but I was able to completely get rid of the smell by opening the three cases about a week before I used them, and after a few days of airing out, I sprayed the fabric inside with Febreeze. It worked like a charm, and my clothes did not smell like the chemicals when I arrived.
I am so in love with this luggage!
UPDATE 7/16/12: After traveling A LOT in the last month, I am still in love with this luggage...perhaps even more. The stable wheels are great, and everything is holding up perfect. I use the medium size for my trips of 3-4 days or less. I use the large size for 5 or more days. I have used both at least three times, with many transfers inbetween. (I have never used the smaller size as of this date) The luggage is receiving some "scratches" here and there-- which you would expect. When I get home, I wipe the luggage down with a damp cloth and use one of those magic sponges to remove any black smudges. However, the cases are not as amazingly shiny as when I first purchased them. So if that will bug you, there you go. I still think they are wonderful and I still get compliments on EVERY trip.
UPDATE 2/7/13: Still using the luggage several times a month, and it is still going strong. So far, nothing has broken, which is pretty amazing for me and my luck with luggage. I still mostly use the middle size piece, so it is getting the most wear and tear. And I still love it.
UPDATE 7/2/13: More than one year later, this luggage is still working like a champ. Middle size is getting the most wear (at least 15 flights and checked luggage encounters) and there has been no damage or problems. Zipper stills works great, wheels roll flawlessly. I LOVE THIS LUGGAGE !!
UPDATE: 2/26/14: Seriously, I still LOVE this luggage! I think it has made 20 trips since I purchased it. Middle size still getting most of the use, and nothing has been broken, fallen off or anything. Handle still telescopes up and down, wheels work flawlessly, even the zipper is working great. The shiny sheen is not there anymore, but it still looks great. I still get compliments.
UPDATE: 12/15/14: It been over two years with my beautiful luggage, and I am packing the larger size for my holiday air travel this weekend. This is the 6 or 7th time I have used this larger piece, and because of it's size, I have to check it, which means it really gets Everything is still working-- the telescoping handle, the 4 spinning wheels, the luggage zipper, the handles are all attached, functional and I am thrilled! Be sure to pick a pattern you can live with for a while :)
8/17/15: All three pieces still intact. Zippers work. Handle works...wheels work. Medium size gets most wear and there I noticed some white "peels" where there were gouges from the carousel, etc. and the bright color is missing. Still not ugly, but it doesn't look new anymore. Interior still perfect. Best luggage ever. When do I buy another set "just in case?" hmmm