5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT Luggage-LOADS of Compliments
I am a frequent business traveler for the last 15 years (at least 10 trips a year or more) and I have used a lot of different luggage over the years.

This luggage is hands down, the best luggage I have ever used. Here is why:

Published on May 25, 2012 by Tallgirl77

1.0 out of 5 stars manufacturer defect
I understand that there is always a chance to get a defect in a product, but I have found it horribly difficult to contact anyone who can help me with this purchase. Since I bought it to fly internationally the next day, there is no way to return the luggage.

- The major defect is that one of the pins in the handle does not collapse on the carry on luggage,...
Published 16 months ago by Don Phipps

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT Luggage-LOADS of Compliments, May 25, 2012

This luggage is hands down, the best luggage I have ever used. Here is why:

1. The hard side luggage stands up so nicely to wear and tear. I have used it twice now, and all I had to do was use one of those magic sponges to remove a few scuff marks from the dirty conveyer belt.

2. The 4 wheels are an absolute necessity. They turn flawlessly, allow you to let go of the handle to show ID, get a latte, etc.

3. The handle expands and goes back in like it should. No fumbling or problems and the handle goes down far enough into the case as to not get broken when the baggage handlers throw it around.

4. The inside of the luggage is very practical and roomy. I use the side with the zippered protective cover for my nice business clothes. I roll my pants like towels, lay them on the bottom. Then I layer nicely folded shirts on top, and finish with my three business suit jackets layed on top. That way, when I zip the protective cover, the suit jackets never move in transit-- no matter how they throw it around, the suits stay firmly folded and protective. LOVE THIS! On the other, open side, I put my toiletries, shoes, cell phone plugs, etc. A nice feature is that the protective zipper side is the same side as the cute little metal wing medalion on the outside of the case so that you always know how to open the suitecase to avoid dumping the open area stuff on the ground if you make sure the little medalion is on the top when you unzip the case.

5. The design is so pretty. I bought the "Pucci"...the basic black with pink designs. I cannot tell you how many people commented on the beautiful luggage and asked me where I bought it (and not just women!) They look extremely classy and distictive, and I did not have any problems finding my luggage on the carousel!

Other reviewers have commented on the chemical smell when you receive them. I did have the same smell, but I was able to completely get rid of the smell by opening the three cases about a week before I used them, and after a few days of airing out, I sprayed the fabric inside with Febreeze. It worked like a charm, and my clothes did not smell like the chemicals when I arrived.

I am so in love with this luggage!

UPDATE 7/16/12: After traveling A LOT in the last month, I am still in love with this luggage...perhaps even more. The stable wheels are great, and everything is holding up perfect. I use the medium size for my trips of 3-4 days or less. I use the large size for 5 or more days. I have used both at least three times, with many transfers inbetween. (I have never used the smaller size as of this date) The luggage is receiving some "scratches" here and there-- which you would expect. When I get home, I wipe the luggage down with a damp cloth and use one of those magic sponges to remove any black smudges. However, the cases are not as amazingly shiny as when I first purchased them. So if that will bug you, there you go. I still think they are wonderful and I still get compliments on EVERY trip.

UPDATE 2/7/13: Still using the luggage several times a month, and it is still going strong. So far, nothing has broken, which is pretty amazing for me and my luck with luggage. I still mostly use the middle size piece, so it is getting the most wear and tear. And I still love it.

UPDATE 7/2/13: More than one year later, this luggage is still working like a champ. Middle size is getting the most wear (at least 15 flights and checked luggage encounters) and there has been no damage or problems. Zipper stills works great, wheels roll flawlessly. I LOVE THIS LUGGAGE !!

UPDATE: 2/26/14: Seriously, I still LOVE this luggage! I think it has made 20 trips since I purchased it. Middle size still getting most of the use, and nothing has been broken, fallen off or anything. Handle still telescopes up and down, wheels work flawlessly, even the zipper is working great. The shiny sheen is not there anymore, but it still looks great. I still get compliments.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, September 20, 2012
I wanted to wait until I had traveled with this set, in order to give it a fair review. I got the three-piece set in Pucci, as a gift before an overseas trip (to Finland and a Baltic Sea cruise). My fear was that the wheels would become damaged, as that has happened to every piece of rolling luggage I have owned (I suppose the gentle treatment of our U.S. baggage handlers just wasn't gentle enough).

I need not have worried! A long flight that connected through Chicago, and then on to Finland, then on to a cruise ship, and then back to Helsinki, and THEN being rolled over cobblestones, brick paving, concrete, toted up stairs, dragged on to buses, and so on -- the wheels have held up beautifully! The finish has scuffed some, and in one corner, the bag was so abused as to be scraped down to the fiberglass/plastic/whatever, but that's just decor. The function has been retained.

These bags are light, and might even feel a little flimsy, due to a lack of "heft", but they are workhorses. When used in conjunction with the e-bags (also on Amazon), I was able to pack quite a lot of stuff in to them. All three sizes (including the small) come with a zippered side, with handy sections, while the other side has the cross-fastened stretchy thing.

The only reason I gave them 4 stars instead of 5 is what is probably a minor quibble, but enough that I ran into it a few times to make it stand out. Because they are hard-sided, if you want to add something small to them, you almost always have to entirely unzip the suitcase, add your item and then rezip it. You can't just stuff it with some give at the top. In addition, if the carry-on had some sort of outer pocket, I would be over-the-moon in love with these. I saw one in the Skyway magazine that claimed it was the only hardside with an outer pocket, but it definitely was a great idea.

Otherwise, these are a great investment and well worth every penny (and more!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it but...., October 26, 2011
C. Dorsey (Cockeysville, Maryland United States) - See all my reviews
I love the look of the luggage, very easy to find, I bought the purple pearl. But.. I used it once last week and one of the wheels broke off. Not just the wheel but the whole shabang, casing and all. Part of the zipper had popped open too but was easy enough to fix. I like that it's a spinner and truly very light weight. I'm really hoping that Fox Luggage does the right thing and replaces or fixes it because I love the luggage. I have better more expensive luggage, but this set appeals to my senses. =
Be aware that because the luggage is hardsides, although pliable, it opens in 2 equal halves. One half does have a zippered cover but the other has only the straps so it can be tricky when opening and closing. Also, there are no outside pockets which doesn't bother me but some people want them.

I don't know how many stars to give. I absolutely love the color, the weight, the spinners but I don't know if the luggage is junk or what, I didn't use it long enough. I'm disappointed that I had a problem the first time out, but I'm hoping it was a fluke. I'd love to buy the luggage in different colors as gifts for my family. First I'll wait and see how the luggage company handles the problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rockland Luggage Rocks!, July 12, 2011
This luggage is beautiful and the best price I have seen! Everywhere I take it, people stop and ask me about it! The sizes are perfect and makes it so easy to pack for weekend trips or week long trips.

4.0 out of 5 stars fits the bill, June 22, 2012
This review is from: Rockland 3 Piece Vision Polycarbonate Abs Luggage Set (Apparel)
I'm in a long distance relationship and fly cross country at least every month. Travel way to much and after two years of this my old luagage was a mess! I was looking for a hard shelled case where I wouldn't have to worry so much of my stuff getting broke or smashed. When I got this product it was a tad flimsier than I imagined. But I kept it anyway. Used it several times over the last couple monthes and it fits its purpose. Its bright and easy to find. Light weight and glides with ease ..even the large bag. The price was great! And most of all nothing in my bag has been broken or smashed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome set for the price, June 19, 2012
I bought this luggage because I wanted a hardsided spinner set that would be easy to spot on an airport luggage carousel. This set had such a great price and really unique patterns - I couldn't resist. I bought the butterfly print and have now taken the largest and the carry-on on an international trip. They've held up great. Did get a bit scuffed up, but I expected as much with a shiny hardside. The 360-degree wheels spin perfectly, and the telescoping handles operate smoothly. Glad I made this purchase! Only wish the purple set would've been available when I purchased - would've rather had that. Still, it's very unlikely I'll run into anyone else with the same pattern on the carousel!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Wife Loves This Luggage, June 1, 2011
This luggage is well built, nice features and an EXCELLENT value at the price. Colors match pictures, they are attractive, sturdy, nice liner and compartments. All in all, my wife was VERY happy when I surprised her with this. Ladies loving the pink hearts and all that girly stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars One very important detail is missing from the description..., July 19, 2012
A. White "avid reader and baker" (Los Angeles, California United States) - See all my reviews
I just received my set today in the Pucci print. It is gorgeous! The colors are vibrant, the pieces are lightweight, and the handle doesn't take up too much room inside. I almost didn't buy this set because it appeared in the pictures that the zippers weren't lockable and I didn't see anything to the contrary in the description. I even asked customer service over at ebags and they said the zippers were not lockable. I'm so glad that I ordered this set anyway, because the zippers are indeed lockable!
I will be taking all three pieces on a trip to New Orleans in a couple of weeks, and based on others' reviews, I have high expectations that they will survive the airline's rough handling!
I had comparison-shopped in a couple of luggage stores (including an "outlet") prior to placing my order and could not find any 28" hardside spinners for less than $150!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, January 14, 2012
The luggage is beautiful!!! It is amazingly tough and I have used it three times, once international and it still has the 'out of the box' look. Best luggage ever, great buy!! Three good size pieces of luggage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, June 19, 2012
I just returned from a marathon trip with this luggage. I was previously looking at a Samsonite product because I already have a spinner suitcase from them and love it. The prices are outrageous, however, so I looked for something more reasonable.

These suitcases are as described. I stuffed them to the gills and the zippers stayed true. The wheels didn't buckle. The spinning mechanism and the collapsible handle work perfectly. There is one minor scratch on the suitcases; otherwise they look shiny and new- better than the Samsonite I already own.

I purchased the butterfly pattern- it is the least "girly" option- our boys refused to be seen with the other choices.

The only thing I don't like is that the spinning mechanism takes up a decent amount of inside space- more than the Samsonite.

All in all, I heartily recommend this product and I thank the previous reviewers who convinced me to purchase them.

Rate and Discover Movies