5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and classic
At 6'5" and 353 pounds, finding comfortable shoes is a challenge at times, especially dress shoes.
Published on March 17, 2011 by Mike Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars SQUEAK like crazy on tile floors
Shoes look great, especially with some neutral shoe polish on them. Very comfortable once they were broken in. I'm not sure how long they will look nice though, the stitching is already starting to look a little frayed after two months.

The bottoms of these shoes are "man made" (plastic) and squeak like CRAZY on tile floors. The cleaner the floor, the worse...
Published 24 months ago by Chris

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and classic, March 17, 2011
This review is from: Rockport Men's Almartin Oxford (Apparel)
I have always found Rockport shoes to be comfortable and stylish. These Oxfords are no exception. I took them out of the box, put them on, and then wore them for the next eight hours, with five of those standing up. At the end of the day, my knees and feet were just fine. No pain at all.
Not only comfortable, these shoes look great. Good for a professional setting, church, or other event requiring dressy clothes. I like how they aren't super shiny so they look like plastic.
Great job on these shoes Rockport, and I highly recommend them to the other big guys out there.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoes, May 3, 2010
I really enjoy these shoes for the style and comfort. I have gotten numerous compliments on them and would recommend them to others. The only thing I haven't liked about them is that if you do not have the laces tied as tight as possible, the back of the heel will move around a lot, causing me blisters at the rim near the top of the shoe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rockport does it again, February 8, 2012
This review is from: Rockport Men's Almartin Oxford (Apparel)
I recently received the Almartin Wingtip Oxford by Rockport and am very happy with my purchase. As always, Amazon Prime did a fantastic job of packaging and shipping my order quickly, and I have received numerous compliments around the office on the color and style of these shoes. Perhaps most importantly, the shoes are quit comfortable (as Rockports tend to be) which is VERY hard to find in a dress shoe. These shoes look fantastic with both a suit as well as a pair of dress pants and a polo. The only caution I would provide is they seem to run a half size big of your general sneaker size.

5.0 out of 5 stars great comfort, October 28, 2010
I ordered and received these shoes in black. The uppers are not quite as dressy as my other wingtips, but once I put them on, the immediate comfort more than made up for the less dressy uppers. By far, the most comfortable shoes I've purchased, without having to purchase orthotics for them! My only criticism is that they don't shine much, however you try to polish them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good shoes for the price., November 12, 2010
While shoes do take some breaking in, they are quite comfortable, sturdy, and durable. The red brown finish looks terrific and makes the shoes look even more expensive.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but not a $100 kind, November 30, 2011
This review is from: Rockport Men's Almartin Oxford (Apparel)
These shoes look nice and have good leather finish and durability. They are however a bit stiff in the beginning and require several days breaking in period after which they seem to be fine. It is true to size in my case (9.5) but just a bit narrower than what you would expect for a D width. They also have synthetic fabric lining by Adidas (good quality nevertheless but I expected leather linig since the descibtion was not very clear) which makes them perfect for wear in cold weather (along with good thickness of the sole, but not too thick). All in all, it is a good shoe but probably not worth $100. Get it if you can get for $60-70 and you will be happy with your purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars For the Commuting Professional, November 6, 2011
This review is from: Rockport Men's Almartin Oxford (Apparel)
Similar in features to its equally stylish cousin the Alpenhorn Oxford, the Almartin Oxford offers all the same benefits any daily commuter should appreciate. Stylish, durable, and as comfortable as your favorite tennis shoes, the Almartin has held up to this commuter's daily march where more expensive, leather-soled shoes have been shown to shred. If only I had found it years ago, I could have saved myself hundreds on shoes that couldn't withstand the daily grind. To have stumbled on to it now is a pleasant surprise.

4.0 out of 5 stars run narrow, December 4, 2013
I received my size 10 M's last week. Have worn them 4 days now and they are feeling better than the 1st 2 days. The shoes are comfortable to walk in ( I mean come on, they're Rockports). The only discomfort was the top of my foot under the laces. That area seems to be relaxing on the 3rd & 4th day (I wear them from 8:30 until 5:30 at night- all day).

They are very nice looking with a high gloss shine. My wife ( who is picky) likes the way they look, although she believes cordovan shoes are out of style and only black or brown should be worn. The shoes look a little needle-ish... long and narrow. It doesn't bother me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy shoe., November 30, 2013
Some reviewers said it ran a little narrow, so I ordered XW instead of W for my son. He couldn't believe how good they feel, as well as the great look. He doesn't wear dress shoes often, but he said the Almartin is the most comfortable he's worn.

5.0 out of 5 stars cool look and great comfort!, November 24, 2013
I bought these for stage wear and I love them, Super cool look and very comfortable. Great for anyone who wants that classy look for not too much money

Rockport Men's Almartin Oxford