Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

on March 17, 2011
At 6'5" and 353 pounds, finding comfortable shoes is a challenge at times, especially dress shoes.
I have always found Rockport shoes to be comfortable and stylish. These Oxfords are no exception. I took them out of the box, put them on, and then wore them for the next eight hours, with five of those standing up. At the end of the day, my knees and feet were just fine. No pain at all.
Not only comfortable, these shoes look great. Good for a professional setting, church, or other event requiring dressy clothes. I like how they aren't super shiny so they look like plastic.
Great job on these shoes Rockport, and I highly recommend them to the other big guys out there.
0Comment32 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2012
I recently received the Almartin Wingtip Oxford by Rockport and am very happy with my purchase. As always, Amazon Prime did a fantastic job of packaging and shipping my order quickly, and I have received numerous compliments around the office on the color and style of these shoes. Perhaps most importantly, the shoes are quit comfortable (as Rockports tend to be) which is VERY hard to find in a dress shoe. These shoes look fantastic with both a suit as well as a pair of dress pants and a polo. The only caution I would provide is they seem to run a half size big of your general sneaker size.
on May 3, 2010
I really enjoy these shoes for the style and comfort. I have gotten numerous compliments on them and would recommend them to others. The only thing I haven't liked about them is that if you do not have the laces tied as tight as possible, the back of the heel will move around a lot, causing me blisters at the rim near the top of the shoe.
11 comment16 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 28, 2010
I ordered and received these shoes in black. The uppers are not quite as dressy as my other wingtips, but once I put them on, the immediate comfort more than made up for the less dressy uppers. By far, the most comfortable shoes I've purchased, without having to purchase orthotics for them! My only criticism is that they don't shine much, however you try to polish them.
on November 30, 2011
These shoes look nice and have good leather finish and durability. They are however a bit stiff in the beginning and require several days breaking in period after which they seem to be fine. It is true to size in my case (9.5) but just a bit narrower than what you would expect for a D width. They also have synthetic fabric lining by Adidas (good quality nevertheless but I expected leather linig since the descibtion was not very clear) which makes them perfect for wear in cold weather (along with good thickness of the sole, but not too thick). All in all, it is a good shoe but probably not worth $100. Get it if you can get for $60-70 and you will be happy with your purchase!
VINE VOICEon November 6, 2011
Similar in features to its equally stylish cousin the Alpenhorn Oxford, the Almartin Oxford offers all the same benefits any daily commuter should appreciate. Stylish, durable, and as comfortable as your favorite tennis shoes, the Almartin has held up to this commuter's daily march where more expensive, leather-soled shoes have been shown to shred. If only I had found it years ago, I could have saved myself hundreds on shoes that couldn't withstand the daily grind. To have stumbled on to it now is a pleasant surprise.
on November 12, 2010
While shoes do take some breaking in, they are quite comfortable, sturdy, and durable. The red brown finish looks terrific and makes the shoes look even more expensive.
on November 26, 2010
My husband is a double amputee with prosthestic. He has worn nothing but Rockport Dressport for the past 10 years and when we learn the brand would no longer be available we were very disheartened. We were elated to find the Rockport at Amazon.com under another name. The fit is everything it was with the old brand. Please keep up the good work of supplying much needed products to those who need them.
on June 8, 2015
Great product for the price and they fit as expected... Which is saying something.

I'll say this, it's a little bit hard to find shoes that fit me well. I don't have a particularly narrow foot, but 'regular' dress shoes normally have an enormous toe box. On top of that, the lace up section almost always pulls completely together. Not these shoes. I bought the 9.5 regular and they fit perfectly. Exactly the correct length, width and pretty comfortable.

The only thing to consider is that because of the plastic/rubber soles and relatively inexpensive construction, they don't breathe very well. That simply translates into the fact that your feet will be a little warmer than you may be used to if you have higher end full leather shoes.
on May 24, 2013
Ordered this shoe for my husband, who has worn and been happy with Rockport Dressports in the past. But now Dressports are very hard to find, so he decided to try this "Almartin" variety. He is very pleased with them. They fit true to size (extra wide!) and were immediately comfortable, needing no break-in time. He would have preferred a cordovan color, but this medium brown is very nice looking. He will buy them again!