Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on November 9, 2013
Original review: These are nice shoes. They look sharp, fit with the business casual attire and offer a lot of comfort. This is my 3rd pair of Rockports in the past 10 years and they tend to age gracefully. Unlike cheaper shoes, I haven't had the sole delaminate or the heal develop a hole when you start to wear that edge out. A quick polish with some black polish shines these up nicely if you need to be a bit dressier. They have the thinner waxed laces, not the thicker "sport" laces,, so they look like dress shoes. So far I love them. I'll update in a few years when they start to wear out ;)

Update Feb 2014: Reducing to 2 stars for longevity problems. ok, I'm a little disappointed. I've had these shoes for less than 6 months and they seem to be falling apart. Very annoying. The sole has started to delaminate from the front of the left shoe and both the linings around the heel have worn through. My last pair of Rockports held up great for years, and only wore out because the soles got too thin. These are not doing nearly as well. Not sure why. The wear on the sole is very minor so far, I haven't walked that far, I don't drag my feet and my socks are the same type as I've worn for years (yeah they're new but the same type). Maybe Rockport changed the glue on the sole and used thinner materials? Cost reductions because their shoes were lasting too long?

Very disappointed. They're too old to return and too new to throw out. The upper surface is still in great condition and a little black polish put's the shine back on them when they look a little dull or scuffed. I'll need to take them to a cobbler to get the sole re-glued. I don't think it's worth trying to fix the lining though. hopefully with the sole repaired the shoes will last another 6 months or so, but they should last for years. I work at a desk for Pete's sake, it's not like I'm on my feet all the time.
on November 16, 2013
I'm a third year medical student which means I stand on my feet for hours and hours at a stretch. I'd found a brilliant pair of brown rockports (B0059ATP9S that made my feet feel like heaven, and not make me want to amputate my feet after work. I'd been looking for a pair of dressy black shoes that would also feel comfortable. These fit the bill perfectly! While slightly less comfortable than my other ones, they're correspondingly more formal- the leather is soft and comfortable, the treads grip well and let me sprint in them when needed.

All in all, awesome!

Update:4/14/14: After less than 6 months (much like everyone else said) these shoes have started to fall apart. The insole has deteriorated to the point that comfortable shoes are now uncomfortable to wear! I actively avoid wearing these and the insole has parts where it is actively falling apart! I'd advise a closer look at these particular shoes. My brown ones are still great and quite comfortable despite being almost a year old. So be wary!
on June 16, 2014
I understand where all the confusion lies. I love Rockport shoes. They're comfortable and I don't have to worry about bringing them to a cobbler. I bought my first few pairs at Macy's during a holiday sale. I was impressed.

However, these are NOT the same shoes I bought at Macy's (even the ones I bought a few weeks ago). Evidently this line is a cheaper product made in China. Everything is made in China now, you bet? You're wrong. The better line of shoes are made in Vietnam. They adhere more to the real size than do these Chinese variants. I am a size 13W. I never had an issue fitting in ANY Rockport Vietnamese shoe in my size. This Chinese variant is just a tad small. Noticeably small. Almost small enough to warrant a return. Also, the soles are VERY different from the better quality line.

I work in an international firm in IT, so I have to dress business casual, but I run around all day, so I need something that will support my feet. I used to buy Bostonians and loved them. Unfortunately they went to China as well and started making their shoes out of cardboard. Literally. I still have a few pairs of very uncomfortable (yet really cool) Italian dress shoes, and I'll only pull them on for 2-3 hour parties.

Will I give these back? No. Barely. But, this is the last time I buy shoes off amazon. I would rather try on a pair and be confident that I take home a pair that are comfortable. I need to say one more thing. I picked these shoes up at the last deal of the day, and spent 40% less than in the store. If I paid full price for these shoes, then they would already be on the UPS truck back to Amazon.
on October 31, 2013
They're just plain black shoes so that's nice. They're uncomfortable though. My feet hurt while wearing them. I've only had these shoes a week so maybe that will change. I don't think I'd buy another pair.

Update: a few months later and they're fine. Not great but not as bad as they were new. Comfortable enough, decent traction on wet ground. I might buy another pair if they're on sale.

Update 2: the insoles are falling apart. I've got 3 dime sized holes under the ball of my left foot and one nickle sized hole in the heel. The right show only has 2 smaller holes in the midfoot.
on November 7, 2015
Rockport Oxfords are my go to shoe for work. This are stylish and functional, and Rockports always last me much better than other brands. I tend to be hard on shoes, but I get 6-12 months out of a pair like these wearing them 4 to 5 days a week.
on January 29, 2015
Pros: It's comfortable, looks great, grip is decent
Cons: After a week of wearing it, it seems a little less durable than normal, but this is my first pair of shoes like this
When you first wear it on a smooth surface (marble in my case) it'll be really really squeaky. Walk around on asphalt or pavement for a little bit and the problem will go away
on March 6, 2014
I've been buying these shoes for many years now and finding them for a good price (almost half off retail) was a great deal, so I got 2 pairs. My only complain with Rockports is that at one point when the sole starts wearing off, they begin to squeak, but like brake pads on a car, that tells me it's time for a new pair :)
on December 21, 2013
Sent them back. Rockport shoes are bought because they are supposed to be comfortable to wear. Something bad has happened to Rockport if these shoes represent them now.
on May 31, 2015
I've had these shoes for about a year and a half, and wear them to work about twice a week. They fit great and are extremely comfortable. When they get scuffed, a bit of polish returns them to new looking. Reason for the two stars is the quality of the soles. A few months ago, I wore them in the rain, and noticed my feet getting wet through the shoes. Didn't really think anything of it at the time. Today, I took a look at them, and the bottoms of both soles are cracking where they flex. Will need to replace long before I expected to.
on November 8, 2013
I've worn these for the first time on my 10 hour retail shift on concrete. I walk from 5-10 miles a day. I have foot issues. These were comfortable from a fit point of view all day. I do need inserts and even with them, the soles of my feet did hurt by the end of the day so expect to add inserts if you walk as much as I do. But I know Rockport is a durable brand, I now have three different styles in brn and blk. I was just most impressed that for the first day I didn't have to change shoes, there were no issues with fit (rubbing/callouses at the back or width problems as the day wore on-perfect except for the lack of extra cushioning I need for my soles).

See 1 answered question