4.0 out of 5 stars Designed for the Asian Market
Published 17 months ago by Wiki

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware - width does not run true to size
Published 17 months ago by Love my Cats!

4.0 out of 5 stars Designed for the Asian Market, June 26, 2013
Wiki (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rockport Men's Dressport Moccasin Front Oxford (Apparel)
I ordered the black Rockport Men's Dressport Moccasin Front Oxford on the June 6, 2013 Lightening Deal for $74.99, regular price $135.00. I found these shoes tighter than the same Rockport Shoes I purchased from a Rockport outlet store last year. Well made and comfortable if you get the right size. These Amazon Rockport Men's Dressport Moccasin Front Oxford were probably designed for the Asian market where the foot on average is narrower and the ankle smaller at the entry point. If you were to compare these shoes to a SAS Men's Journey Walking Shoe which are made in the USA for the average American foot, you will find a more comfortable fit. The SAS Men's Journey Walking Shoe prices on Amazon are about double of what you would find in a retail store. If you like the shoes, I would return them to Amazon and buy them from 6pm.com. A little cheaper at $70.98 with Free delivery and the same return policy as Amazon. You can also buy them direct from Rockport for $99.99. They are Called Dressports truWALK Moc Front. Or you can call Rockport.com Customer Service for a store in your area at 1.800.828.0545.

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware - width does not run true to size, June 11, 2013
I ordered these for my husband. They arrived quickly and were packaged securely. Unfortunately they don't fit. We have been married for 39 years. I have always bought his shoes. He has always worn a 12D in whatever brand I bought. I had no reason to believe this shoe would be any different. I have bought the Rockport brand for him before. The D width could hardly fit on his foot. Beware that the sizing is way off on these shoes - not the length, but the width.
I am disappointed that not only do these not fit, but I cannot exchange these for the next wider width. I can only return them for a refund.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not true size and unsatisfactory Amazon service, June 19, 2013
First about the Shoe, like one of the user pointed out (and I read it too late), this shoe is not true to your size. I always wear 9.5(M) size and have been wearing Clarks shoes for quite sometime. Clarks shoes are very comfortable, but based on reviews and discount price I thought to buying this pair. Looks good but not sure of comfort and feel because they were 1 point small to my size.

Now about Amazon service. I got this pair in Lightening deal for some $70, once I found that size is not fit, I wanted to replace it with bigger size, but replacement option is not available online, so I called Amazon customer care. They told me I cannot replace it, I have to return it and buy the right size for full price. Basically they will not honor Lightening deal discount on replacement size. I argued that if I buy same shoe from a store(physically) in a deal(discount) they will just switch the size. But she didn't budge and neither her supervisor. Bad Service. People might argue but online shopping is Amazon business model, I cannot check shoe size online, I can order only based on my current size. They should understand this or don't put such merchandise on Lightening deals. So lesson learnt - Never buy size dependent stuff from Amazon !! And now am thinking of ending my Prime Membership.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel like running shoes, look like dress shoes, October 7, 2012
These Rockport Dressport oxfords are the most comfortable dress shoes I've ever had. I have been wearing Dressport wing-tip oxfords for about 25 years, but these are the first I've tried with Adidas Adiprene insoles and the tapered heel. They squeak like leather saddles, but my steps are otherwise completely silent, even on tile. I can't believe how much better they feel than the old type.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe!, April 13, 2012
This review is from: Rockport Men's Dressport Moccasin Front Oxford (Apparel)
This is my 4th pair of dresports. These are just as comfortable as the others. Amost as confortable as tennis shoes. In black you could actually get away with wearing them with a suit. I wanted these in cordovan but they are not available. So I ordered dark tan and redyed them. They look great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as "dressy" as picture shows, June 24, 2013
I have always worn "Johnston & Murphy" or Rockport. This shoe isn't as dressy as the picture shows, but it is very comfy and looks decent with dress pants, but doesn't have that polished professional look.

2.0 out of 5 stars Strange Fit, June 17, 2013
This is my first time with these casual dress Rockport's having worn the walking shoes for years. I naturally assumed the length and width would be relatively consistent from one type Rockport to another...in this case, not so much. These are narrower than the walking shoes of the same size and weirdly, they seem too long. I wear a size 10 and there's most of an inch between my toes and the end of the shoe. Perhaps that's just how they're cut, but they seem a little odd.

At this point I'm debating whether to keep them or return them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spend all day on your feet?, January 4, 2014
This review is from: Rockport Men's Dressport Moccasin Front Oxford (Apparel)
I do. Way back in ROTC, I learned to take care of my feet. Dressport serves me well. My career demands I spend all day on my feet and I dress professionally, Dressport fits the bill. After a hard day, my feet feel great. I find they are respectably waterproof too. I have two pair where have replaced the soles on them three times (honest wear) and the leather still looks great. Saves me money int he long run. Drop the dime. Pay for good shoes. You won't regret it. Don't be like my golfing buddies groaning about aching feet after only 11 holes. I wish Rockport made golf shoes!

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable for the short term, December 22, 2013
Putting on this shoe felt awesome at first. Very light on the feet and comfortable to walk in. And very stylish looking. But they not good to wear all day long. The balls of my feet became sore after prolonged wear. Good for a short evening wear, but not for all day wear.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice shoes, but on the narrow side, July 3, 2013
I wear medium width shoes. The one time I bought wide shoes, they were clearly too wide. These are quite narrow for "medium" width shoes. They remind me of Italian dress shoes - long and narrow. Despite being a bit snug on the width, I kept them. The insole is very comfortable and I really like the color - medium tan to dark brown on the tip of the toe. After wearing for a few days, they are loosening up a bit.

If you are a "normal medium," be aware that these will be snug on the width. If you are on the verge of needing a wide shoe, stay away from these.

Rockport Men's Dressport Moccasin Front Oxford